1. Its been years...

...since I have played here. Always wondered what was going on but today I got a lost password request out of the blue and figured id come see whats up :)

Last time i was here there were cata servers lol

WHAT HAVE I MISSED???

2. ...since I have played here. Always wondered what was going on but today I got a lost password request out of the blue and figured id come see whats up :)

Last time i was here there were cata servers lol

WHAT HAVE I MISSED???
    Cata servers were sabbotaged and the team moved on to WOTLK, which attracted thousands of eager players to return. Now the severs can't handle the amount of people and they're struggling to spread the population evenly. Welcome.

3. Cata servers were sabbotaged and the team moved on to WOTLK, which attracted thousands of eager players to return. Now the severs can't handle the amount of people and they're struggling to spread the population evenly. Welcome.
    How were the cata servers "sabotaged"? Do you mean bugs weren't fixed?

4. They were. But people's interest reduced a lot along the years and it got to a point, we had to move most of our devs to where the people play the most. Sabotage is an exaggeration from Valestia. Most likely: action and repercussion.

5. They were. But people's interest reduced a lot along the years and it got to a point, we had to move most of our devs to where the people play the most. Sabotage is an exaggeration from Valestia. Most likely: action and repercussion.
    I tried to be as brief as possible.

6. I tried to be as brief as possible.
    action and repercussion is briefier lol.

7. Cata servers weren't ever likely to survive due to their weak PvE content in raids and especially considering blizz nerfed dungeons in later patches. PvE makes up majority of player base so its not a viable model.

8. Cata servers weren't ever likely to survive due to their weak PvE content in raids and especially considering blizz nerfed dungeons in later patches. PvE makes up majority of player base so its not a viable model.
    As far as nerfing dungeons, it would always still be possible to keep them unnerfed, or even have them receive the Lordaeron treatment. The 5-man content, in its original state is definitely lot more fun than most WotLK heroics in my opinion. Never did any proper raiding in Cata content myself, but when I was following the race on live servers at the time, I was under the impression that tiers 11 & 12 were relatively well-liked (maybe not tier 13... and patch 4.3 also introduced LFR, so that's a major negative there), or am I misremembering something?
    Edited: October 6, 2020 Reason: Adding quote