1. Hybrid Ret(Preg) Pala 3.3.5 Guide

Hybrid Retribution(Preg) Paladin PvP Guide

About this spec:

This spec is 0/28/43 prot/ret hybrid PvP spec, you are basically using one-hand spell wep and shield all the time. From what I know this spec was originally made by ret player Preghiera that's why people call it Preg spec.

Dmg of this spec comes mostly from Seal and Judgement and there's also talent to increase your total dmg by 10% when using one-hand. With this spec you use Seal of Vengeance - you have spell wep with 1.6-1.8 speed+reckoning talent so ur able to stack it really fast. With this spec you dont have Divine Storm and Crusader Strike abilities but ur using Shield of Righteousness (because you have shield) so dont worry about having only 1 dps spell. Shield of Righteousness' dmg is affected by Shield Block Value so it means its also affected by Strenght (2 Strenght=1Shield Block Value).
    So with this spec its better to use Str offparts rather than Agility (you prob know that agi items are way better than str for two-hand ret because they give 1additional stat) especialy in 3s you wanna use Str offparts because they increase dmg of SoR and Seal... in 2s in dps comb you may use 1-2 agi offparts for more crit=more art of war procs from auto-attacks=more instant flashes.

Talents 1:
    https://imgur.com/a/Mi0eXqy
    With those talents dont forget to use Titanium Plating on shield coz u don't have disarm reduction (its better than 12resil anyway coz gives 89SBV) and also don't forget to enchant boots with Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality (8%movement speed)

Talents 2:
    https://imgur.com/a/rHC1xtI
    With those talents you sacrifice 1/2 eye for eye talent and 1 point of Vindication Talent (reduces Attack Power of enemy by 574 with 2points) for 7% movement speed because Pursuit of Justice 2/2 gives 15% movement speed and Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality only 8% movement speed (it doesn't stack)

So it's up to you what you wanna choose: A/ some dmg from eye for eye+287attack power reduction for enemy or B/ 7% movement speed. I personally prefer movement speed so I can chase those spell casters (that counter his spec) easier.

You can change talents to 1/1 Blessing of Sanctuary and 2/5 Reckoning for 3% damage reduction but if ur playing with Disco Pri don't do that because his 3% dmg reduction doesnt stack with BoS.

Major Glyphs:

Glyph of Judgement

This 1 Glyph is a must.
    Other glyphs are situational:

Glyph of Seal of Vengeance -> more exp=less dodge/parry=more hits=more AoW procs=more healing ...+more dmg ofc
    Glyph of Salvation -> 20% dmg reduce on self for 10sec. (2min CD) -> pretty good
    Glyph of Turn Evil -> VS DK,Lock
    Glyph of Exorcism -> a bit more dmg.
    Glyph of Flash of Light -> more healing (crit heal procs Sheath of Light and it stacks) -> I think its a must in dps 2s comb. It will increase ur healing by a lot.
    Glyph of Shield of Righteousness -> VS Disco Priest,Mage,Sham( pri can burn ur mana, dispel plea, judgement doesnt give mana when you hit target with absorb(PwS,Mana Shield,Stoneclaw Totem) so having 80% mana cost reduce on 6sec ability is pretty good. But vs non-discpri combs ur mana should be allways fine. So im not recomending this glyph. (only if ur changing them depending on enemy combs)

For 2s DPS comb I really recommend Glyph of Judgement+Glyph of Flash of Light+Glyph of Seal of Vengeance OR Glyph of Turn Evil (depends if ur facing locks or not)

For 3s/soloQ just get rid of Glyph of Flash of Light glyph and use something else

Stat Priority:

Hit Rating [5%, 164 hit rating] > STR/Resilience > Crit > Haste/Shield Block Value/Expertise(1ring for exptertise max) > Other Stats

Gems:

Relentless Earthsiege Diamond or Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
    Resplendent Ametrine
    Mystic King's Amber
    Bold Cardinal Ruby
    Bold Dragon's Eye
    Mystic Dragon's Eye
    Nightmare Tear

3% crit dmg meta is a must -> agi one needs only 1blue gem(+10all stats) so its prob better choise

Comparing Preg to classic Ret:

+Better Healing (uses spell wep all the time, way higher attack speed+reckoning=more art of war procs)
    +Better Survivability (uses shield all the time, improved devotion aura)
    -Worse Burst
    *Same sustain dmg
    +More mana (because of spell wep)
    +Takes less skill to play (doesn't need to swap 2H to 1H+shield)

Aura Usage:
    Devotion Aura - your main aura good vs any physical or semi physical dps
    Retribution Aura - good vs rogs because of their high melee attack speed
    Resist Auras - most ppl have 130 spell penetration so it does nothing

2s Combs:
    Enha+Preg, DK+Preg, MM+Preg, War+Preg, Ele+Preg, Feral+Preg, Rog+Preg, Mage+Preg

3s Combs:
    MM+Preg+Disco(PHP) or any comb like (MM/DK/WARR/ROG,LOCK,MAGE)+Preg+nonpal healer
    Preg pally is good in alot combs but probably best with disco priest because he can save his *** vs TSG :D

Season 8 BIS items:

Weapom: Royal Scepter of Terenas II or Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony
    Shield: Icecrown Glacial Wall
    Libram: Libram of Valiance for 3s/soloQ/2s heal comb, Wrathful Gladiator's Libram of Justice for 2s DPS comb
    Trinket 1: Death's Verdict
    Trinket 2: Whispering Fanged Skull or Death's Verdict (normal)

PVE offparts: Now this depends on what type of arena u play

1. For 2s DPS comb (more crit from agi=more art of war procs) -> 2-3agi items:
    Penumbra Pendant (arp here sucks but it has highest ilvl and good socket color)
    Winding Sheet or Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak
    Umbrage Armbands
    Apocalypse's Advance
    Signet of Twilight
    Ashen Band of Endless Might or Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance

2. For 3s/soloQ (you want as much as possible strenght here) -> 0 agi items:
    instead of Umbrage Armbands take Polar Bear Claw Bracers
    and instead of Signet of Twilight take Skeleton Lord's Circle
    rest items are the same as in 1.

3. Third Option -> 1agi item:
    instead of Penumbra Pendant take Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard
    and instead of Signet of Twilight take Skeleton Lord's Circle
    rest items are the same as in 1.

Rest of items are 5/5 WF set + WF waist.

Macros:

#showtooltip Hand of Salvation
    /cast [target=YOURNAME] Hand of Salvation

/cancelaura Divine Shield

#showtooltip Turn Evil
    /cast [target=Ebon Gargoyle] Turn Evil

#showtooltip Turn Evil
    /cast [@mouseover, harm][@target] Turn Evil

(turn evil mouseover macro vs warlock pet -> target warlock pet macro doesn't exist so this is best choise)

#showtooltip Repentance
    /cast [target=focus] Repentance

#showtooltip Hammer of Justice(Rank 4)
    /cast [target=focus] Hammer of Justice(Rank 4)

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Judgement of Justice; [mod:shift] Judgement of Wisdom; Judgement of Light

OR

#showtooltip Judgement of Light
    /cast Judgement of Light
    /startattack
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

#showtooltip Judgement of Justice
    /cast Judgement of Justice
    /startattack

#showtooltip Judgement of Wisdom
    /cast Judgement of Wisdom
    /startattack

#showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [target=party1] Cleanse

#showtooltip Hand of Sacrifice
    /cast [target=party1] Hand of Sacrifice

#showtooltip Flash of Light(Rank 9)
    /cast [target=party1] Flash of Light(Rank 9)

#showtooltip Hand of Freedom
    /cast [target=party1] Hand of Freedom

#showtooltip Hand of Protection(Rank 3)
    /cast [target=party1] Hand of Protection(Rank 3)

#showtooltip Sacred Shield(Rank 1)
    /cast [target=party1] Sacred Shield(Rank 1)

#showtooltip Blessing of Wisdom(Rank 9)
    /cast [target=party1] Blessing of Wisdom(Rank 9)

Hybrid Ret PvP Guide Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msHe..._channel=Zeorg
    Hybrid Ret PvP Gameplay Videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcG..._channel=Zeorg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Vc..._channel=Zeorg
    Edited: August 26, 2022

2. dont see a point of play it . use only AA ? no any usable skill .. only judge stun and shieald rightenous .

3. dont see a point of play it . use only AA ? no any usable skill .. only judge stun and shieald rightenous .
    this spec has literaly only 1dmg spell less than ret
    ur using SoR and not using CS and DS +1-1-1= -1 :)

4. this spec has literaly only 1dmg spell less than ret
    ur using SoR and not using CS and DS +1-1-1= -1 :)
    You don't use Shield of the Righteous as Ret?

5. You don't use Shield of the Righteous as Ret?
    I do but only usable when with shield so no need to count it as basic ret spell
    Edited: September 19, 2020

6. and btw Yo @Mercy, any chance adding my guides to ur list of guides? I saw that ur adding those guides
    my PvP FDK guide: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=425282
    my PvP Bala guide: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=425836
    Edited: April 25, 2021

7. I do but only usable when with shield so no need to count it as basic ret spell
    Which is very common. I would consider any spells in the spell book as a basic paladin spell, which comes first before any specialization. Learning the class is inherently part of learning a specialization.

and btw Yo @Mercy, any chance adding my guides to ur list of guides?
    I'm not staff. You'll also need to meet the feedback criteria for the guides to be listed on the sticky threads.

8. Nice guide!
    here some of my considerations (if it matters) :D
    BiS gloves are Fleshrending Gauntlets: https://wotlk-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=50690 because Wf ones have useless bonus
    also 2/2 Pursuit of Justice is better because Tuskarr's Vitality enchant is 8% speed increase instead of 15% of talent and Eye for an Eye is a total waste of a talent point and the damage caused can maybe break a CC (not sure about this) and little resilience on shield is welcome.
    Glyphs are ok, my personal choice is judgement+turn evil+exorcism (bc of less damaging spells preg have).
    Aside from that, the preg spec is super easy to play and almost embarrassing at times, standard ret is way better lol

9. also 2/2 Pursuit of Justice is better because Tuskarr's Vitality enchant is 8% speed increase instead of 15% of talent and Eye for an Eye is a total waste of a talent point and the damage caused can maybe break a CC (not sure about this) and little resilience on shield is welcome.
    the point is taking vindication its 570 attack power reduce its like battle shout
    and titanium plating gives also 89block value which is probably better or the same than only 12resil
    so u take 8% more movement or 260 more attack power reduction for enemy+some dmg from eye for eye
    Edited: September 27, 2020

10. yeah valid points, but not everyone is melee, 1 pt would suffice and 7% more speed it may seem little but is not! In the end is personal preference right? :D

11. can u post ur key bindings? im kinda noob, but i like this pala a lot

12. yeah valid points, but not everyone is melee, 1 pt would suffice and 7% more speed it may seem little but is not! In the end is personal preference right? :D
    vindication is also another debuff that will help cover ur stuff like hammer of justice, which can be game winning at times

13. vindication is also another debuff that will help cover ur stuff like hammer of justice, which can be game winning at times
    well u get 1/2 vindication even with 2/2 PoJ so there will be some debuff to dispel
    its kinda personal preference yeah
    i will edit it and add also PoJ talents as option.. 7% more movement is pretty damn good
    Edited: October 11, 2020

14. can u post ur key bindings? im kinda noob, but i like this pala a lot
    just make ur own keybinds my keybinds are kinda meh anyway
    i dont know which mouse u use if theres some button on it..
    dont forget to use scroll wheel, SHIFT+(some button), ALT+(some button) keybinds and mouse binds if u have some
    and delete buttons like C for character info (i have it on J) because its good button for spell .. etc

15. I play this for a few years on warmane already, and id switch glyph seal of vengeance for exorcism any day. 10 exp is borderline useless in pvp. Otherwise pretty gucci guide

123 Last