1. Even if you do daily quests 15 is not enough to get 1k gold lol
    "and by Loremaster of Northrend" - you forget that every quest out of the 4-600 you likely have left, will give you at least 20g, most double that, at level 80, add a bunch of dailies until you're Crusader... it adds up

2. Hey there,

I might simply missing some information, so I hope to get them here. How are you guys gearing up?

Sure, when you're fresh 80 you do some dungeons to get lvl 80 gear, jump into heroics until you can queue for POS/FOS/HOR, farm every 219/232 piece usefull for your spec, farm some emblems of triumph and get very 245 item suited for you. And then what?

A full set of ilvl 245 items will get you to 5.4k GS. Which is too low to get on any RS or ICC, meaning we are stuck doing VOA to improve our gear. If you're unlucky you won't get a single piece from VOA in weeks.

Doing random heroics, weekly raid quest and VOA10+25 provide 23 emblems of frost per week. That's still around 2,5 weeks for one cheap T-piece and around 4 weeks for an expensive item.

Is it just a long grind to finally get into a GS range where you can join public raids? I understand raids are buffed on lordaeron, but it seems to me that there's a gap between those raids, meaning once you have full gear from the previous raid (TOC25), you are still not able to advance.

Is the answer simply "raid with your guild"? I prefer raiding with my guild, but since we are a rather small guild, there's not always a spot in 10 mans and I would like to improve my gear in between to contribute more to my guild's raiding. I kind of feel stuck and am desperately trying to close the gap between 5.4 and 5.6k, so I'd be able to join some more public raids.

Any suggestions except "spend insane amounts of gold on the AH" are welcome!
    I did icc 10 and rc 10 and 25 with 5.2k gs, not sure what are you talking about.
    Dont say its impossible to do by looking at 1 pug at global chat.
    With decent guild you can get in this raids even below 5k gs.

3. Honestly, the lowest GS req I've seen in global was 5.3 for ICC10 just before the reset. I am not saying it's impossible. It's just that I have never seen a single PUG with reasonable GS req.

Have you been joining those groups recently or a while back? Because from what I see, the GS req get's higher and higher, the more people obtain better gear. You could join Ony25 with about 3.8kgs or so some years back.

You might just have been luckier than me though. Anyways, I solved the problem by cheating the system and still performing well.

I sure didn't look at one PUG in global and then drew a conclusion. That's my experience over several weeks. I don't say you didn't do those raids at 5.2, but please don't act as if I was making things up.
    Edited: October 18, 2020

4. The entirety of Lordaeron late game experience is not even close to a smooth sail. There are a lot of bumps along the road, but the biggest bump is between the moment you are done getting your 232/245 stuff, and are now looking to get into harder raids such as icc10/25 and RS10/25. We've all been there and figuring it out on your first round is rough and even then you still have to pull it off. Here's a list of what you should do:

- Get into TOC10 and 25 if you can
    - Get Frost emblems: daily random HC and weekly Flame Leviathan quest (no GS requirement for FL)
    - Get rich: loot, grind, disenchant, do dailies, sell boes, sell desireable xmog or cosmetic items, you also need a gathering profession (Mining or Herbalism)
    - Get in a modest guild: most guilds are still progressing and if they're serious about it they will give a chance to anyone willing to put effort into raiding

You don't simply do one of these thing until you're done, you do all of them together. Specially the guild thing. Pugs are for alts.

Pug requirements are ****ed. There's a good reason for that: this is a hardcore server. I've pugged a lot in 2018 and getting a decent team of 25 was very hard. After a single wipe, people would start to leave and then you were back at square 1. Boy, how we wiped back then, and today isn't very different. A single big mistake in a "reasonably" geared raid costs a wipe. This just doesn't happen when you're overgeared, obviously. Gear makes up for skill and everyone knows that.

I think in the end it all comes down to the fact that people don't want to waste time. The single most respectful thing you can do for getting into a pug is to have the right talents, be fully gemmed, fully enchanted, have DBM, know tactics (read guides, watch videos, see povs of your class) for every fight that they want to do, and of course having the best stuff you can get before getting access to the raid you want to attempt.

5. The entirety of Lordaeron late game experience is not even close to a smooth sail. There are a lot of bumps along the road, but the biggest bump is between the moment you are done getting your 232/245 stuff, and are now looking to get into harder raids such as icc10/25 and RS10/25. We've all been there and figuring it out on your first round is rough and even then you still have to pull it off. Here's a list of what you should do:

- Get into TOC10 and 25 if you can
    - Get Frost emblems: daily random HC and weekly Flame Leviathan quest (no GS requirement for FL)
    - Get rich: loot, grind, disenchant, do dailies, sell boes, sell desireable xmog or cosmetic items, you also need a gathering profession (Mining or Herbalism)
    - Get in a modest guild: most guilds are still progressing and if they're serious about it they will give a chance to anyone willing to put effort into raiding

You don't simply do one of these thing until you're done, you do all of them together. Specially the guild thing. Pugs are for alts.

Pug requirements are ****ed. There's a good reason for that: this is a hardcore server. I've pugged a lot in 2018 and getting a decent team of 25 was very hard. After a single wipe, people would start to leave and then you were back at square 1. Boy, how we wiped back then, and today isn't very different. A single big mistake in a "reasonably" geared raid costs a wipe. This just doesn't happen when you're overgeared, obviously. Gear makes up for skill and everyone knows that.

I think in the end it all comes down to the fact that people don't want to waste time. The single most respectful thing you can do for getting into a pug is to have the right talents, be fully gemmed, fully enchanted, have DBM, know tactics (read guides, watch videos, see povs of your class) for every fight that they want to do, and of course having the best stuff you can get before getting access to the raid you want to attempt.
    Apreciate your comment!

One question though: Assuming I have already layed my hands on the ToC25 trinket of my choice: Why would I do TOC10/25? I don't need items from there, I don't need Emblems of Triumph. Am I missing something relevant?

6. Apreciate your comment!

One question though: Assuming I have already layed my hands on the ToC25 trinket of my choice: Why would I do TOC10/25? I don't need items from there, I don't need Emblems of Triumph. Am I missing something relevant?
    If you got the trink and don't need any gear/emblems from ToC then there's no point of doing it anymore. Focus on other key points mentioned, like farming EoF.

7. Apreciate your comment!

Triumphs could be converted in purple gems or heirlooms for your alts and that's about it, they are spare change. Since you don't need anything in toc25 I assume you have a mix of 264s frost/crafted, 245s, 2t9.5 and/or 2-4t10. That is exactly what you're aiming for in terms of investing on your character and if you're not quite there yet, then you still need to look at the previous list. You are at the limit of your solitary progression and are ready to take on icc25 raids. At that point you are done with gear and you should be improving your value as a player in terms of experience, knowledge and dedication. This is the end game and that's your objective for the rest of your experience as a player.

If you still aren't in a guild, keep an eye out for semi-guild runs or regular pugs, they are worth a shot. Try to get into runs lead in real time on a voice chat. Pugging is fine if you're late and desperate. Be knowledgeable of fights you can reasonably pull off in a decent pug run (at least watch and read about the first 4 bosses, plus Festergut, Rotface, Valithria). Have the essential addons (Deadly Boss Mod is a must for raiding, Raid frames are a must for healers, every class has some form of QoL improvement with addons). Carry your own weight. Try to learn something.

Your performance conforms to your value as a player. Competent people may notice and you might even end up with an invitation. Otherwise, Global is your friend. Give a guild a shot, just make sure you speak their language.

8. And you need 6k for ICC10 on Icecrown lul, your point?

9. And you need 6k for ICC10 on Icecrown lul, your point?
    IDK. I wasn't talking about Icecrown, so if you tell me your point, I'll be happy to share my thoughts on it.

10. Did you intentinally exclude TOC 10 / 25 in your little rant?
    Also, there are plenty of pug raids for ICC 10/25 for just 3 boss kills that accepts 5.2k players.
    Also, you did not mention some BOE drops and crafts that can be bought on AH for very cheap (or fairly cheap) prices and will increase your GS by a lot.

Finally... as much as I hate to admit it... Just lie about your GS when you whisper for an inv. In many cases they accept you without checking, and try to keep a low profile during he start of the raid. Many times they also invite you without you even linking an achiev, sometimes you can link a unfinished achiev but they wont check it.
    If push comes to shove, explain the tactics to convince them you know what youre doing. GS is just a farce and they know it as well, so just lie.

First 12