1. Level 1 twinks are a little out of style at this point. Also, they were a more interesting challenge when you couldn't turn off xp. At this point, I feel like it's just a checklist to follow.

If you want to play around with scaling and experiment in a lower-popularity bracket, I would recommend 49s. The lower brackets have been researched to death. Plus, it's the first bracket where you can stack enough +hit on some characters to be able to hit 60+ toons. Several builds also become much more viable so you can pick an unusual class/spec combo and have fun with it.

2. Level 1 twinks are a little out of style at this point. Also, they were a more interesting challenge when you couldn't turn off xp. At this point, I feel like it's just a checklist to follow.

If you want to play around with scaling and experiment in a lower-popularity bracket, I would recommend 49s. The lower brackets have been researched to death. Plus, it's the first bracket where you can stack enough +hit on some characters to be able to hit 60+ toons. Several builds also become much more viable so you can pick an unusual class/spec combo and have fun with it.
    The fact , you can beat players up to lvl 20, the fact that these players usually attack in group so you have to deal with more enemies at once (and also mobs, since you will the one who aggro mobs around) is fun for me. Thanks to xp lock you're longer restricted to durotar (as alliance), but you can (and will be, since durotar is easy) pvp in Barrens most of the time.

Even though lvl 1 is fairly researched, we are not at retail, things work differently here (you can't use fiery/lifestealing because it's **** on warmane for lvl 1 - partial resist, you have play differently, weapon swapping is a key).

Same for achievements, for some people it's just a checklist, for some it's a huge fun. And again, we are at private server, so some tutorials are not working here due to bugs (for example Timbermaw rep, that was huge fun for me to find a way to hit exalted at lvl 1). I had also fun with explorer, I enjoyed scenery when walking instead of rushing it on a chopper. Friend or Fowl? is another one a bit bugged, but can still be done at lvl 1. Even collecting 75 pets is not that easy (yeah, it's a huge gold sink). There is lot of event achievements which are a fun to hunt on lvl 1 solo (there are plenty of achievements where you need to go to capital cities, which some of them can be done with 2 deaths only).

3. We obviously choose level 1 because we want to play at level 1 and not at another level like 49. If we wanted to play at 49 we would have done so alredy.

4. Everyone playing on this server is 10 years too late by that standard. Sounds like you have a lot of bad personal experiences and no real empiricm to back it up.
    5 years. not 10. i'm not talking about retail. i'm talking about warmane re-start and you're missing the point because you obviously weren't there.
    doesn't "a lot of bad personal experiences" and "no real empiricm" sounds like a contradiction to you ?

5. 5 years. not 10. i'm not talking about retail. i'm talking about warmane re-start and you're missing the point because you obviously weren't there.
    doesn't "a lot of bad personal experiences" and "no real empiricm" sounds like a contradiction to you ?
    No, because we dont call anecdotal evidence empiricism, this is 101 control group and margin of error.

No, i obviously wasn't there which makes it even more funny that you would tell me that I'm late to a party I was never invited to. People join this server having never played WOTLK, having never raided ICC or even twinked once in their life, nobody is late to anything it's just people enjoying things just like people enjoyed things 5 or 10 years ago.
    Edited: September 27, 2020

6. The fact , you can beat players up to lvl 20, the fact that these players usually attack in group so you have to deal with more enemies at once (and also mobs, since you will the one who aggro mobs around) is fun for me. Thanks to xp lock you're longer restricted to durotar (as alliance), but you can (and will be, since durotar is easy) pvp in Barrens most of the time.

Even though lvl 1 is fairly researched, we are not at retail, things work differently here (you can't use fiery/lifestealing because it's **** on warmane for lvl 1 - partial resist, you have play differently, weapon swapping is a key).

Same for achievements, for some people it's just a checklist, for some it's a huge fun. And again, we are at private server, so some tutorials are not working here due to bugs (for example Timbermaw rep, that was huge fun for me to find a way to hit exalted at lvl 1). I had also fun with explorer, I enjoyed scenery when walking instead of rushing it on a chopper. Friend or Fowl? is another one a bit bugged, but can still be done at lvl 1. Even collecting 75 pets is not that easy (yeah, it's a huge gold sink). There is lot of event achievements which are a fun to hunt on lvl 1 solo (there are plenty of achievements where you need to go to capital cities, which some of them can be done with 2 deaths only).
    Correct. I feel like you hit the nail on the head with this one. While level 1 has it's limitations that's also something that gives it infinite freedom. What CAN you actually do on a level 1? You have to be innovative and come up with ideas that you think are fun and try to push the scene forward. You can't BG, so where can you gank where its challenging and there are actually people around? You can't proc whichever enchants the internet says are best, because Warmane is... special, so what enchants are the best for your character?

There is no 1 - 10 step guide on how to enjoy yourself for any twinking level, you just find what works for you and play that way.

7. I take back what i said. you're not 5 years too late. have fun with your lvl 1 twink and gather up people, its what this game is about

8. Wanna go back to an easier time? Back when 19 wasn't all about sitting in BG's? Maybe a time before STV was infested with 80s? I say reject modernity, embrace the roots, the place where every character starts and where some of them also end up.

This is officially me trying to sell you on making a level 1 twink on Icecrown.

Why would you ever want to make a level 1 twink, you ask me?

Well, I think it's incredibly fun. The lower you go in terms of levels, the better each statpoint scales. This means that every upgrade counts, BiS armor can be the difference between one and two armor. Compared to for example, a level 19, it's also WAY less time consuming and cost intensive. If you want to get into twinking and get a decent character quick, level 1 is the way to go.

"But Gravy, I have three bis 19's with double AGM, one 60 and one 70, why would I ever want to start a new character?"
    Because it's fun. 60 has limitations, 70 has limitations and god knows 19 has limitations. 1 has even more limitations, but with those limitations comes endless freedom. What can a level 1 actually kill? I've seen level 1's kill mobs in Burning Steppes. What can a level 1 actually duel? My highest duel is in the 20's. What enchants are actually bis for your class? Does hit matter on a character that will only hit once in a blue moon regardless? Level 1 has a lot of fun theorycrafting, is what I'm trying to say.

Mostly I make this post because level 1's have always been lonely. A few brave souls out there have tried to make it relatively active and all have failed. MY hope is that someone reads this and goes "You know what, that sounds weird enough to me." and comes hang out with us in Crossroads and in Goldshire.

We're a few people playing, most of them gearing and I don't know of any other active level 1 bis or close to bis twinks apart from myself.

If you're out there, playing alone or want to get into level 1's, please hit me up. Have a question about gear, enchants or anything else, please hit me up.

Sincerely yours, Gravy.

Hey Gravy, glad to see you're still playin'. I'm not that active anymore, but always up for some fun! :)

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Cheers, Naughty
    Edited: September 28, 2020

9. Hey Gravy, glad to see you're still playin'. I'm not that active anymore, but always up for some fun! :)

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Cheers, Naughty
    Oh man! Good to see you too, I hadn't seen you on in a bit so I thought you had quit or taken a break! Please come hang out, whenever you have a bit of time! :)

First 12