1. Update problem

So, i just downloaded WOTLK and i ran it.I logged in and i was welcomed with ''Downloading Update 0%''.
    After that it just pops up ''PATCH REQUIRED please click restart button to exit World of Warcraft and download the patch.''
    I can't seem to find anything about patch on forum so i have to ask you, what is the solution?

2. Found the solution! I couldn't log in with email adress so i logged in with my name.

3. Sup bro, i was with the same problem, then i tried your way: using the name to log in
    So it pops up "UNABLE TO CONECT"
    tell me if you have any idea of what to do
    - sorry for bad english
    thx

4. Sup bro, i was with the same problem, then i tried your way: using the name to log in
    So it pops up "UNABLE TO CONECT"
    tell me if you have any idea of what to do
    - sorry for bad english
    thx
    Follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only"

5. Follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only"
    I tried what you said, still having the same problem. I just downloaded the game. When I open and log in a download pops up at 0%. About 15s later it changes to say, "Patch Required. Press the restart button below to exit World of Warcraft and download the patch." Then it takes me back to login screen with another popup that says, "Failed to apply patch. Please try again later. If problem persists you may need to reinstall or contact technical support." Any suggestions on what to do from here?

6. I tried what you said, still having the same problem. I just downloaded the game. When I open and log in a download pops up at 0%. About 15s later it changes to say, "Patch Required. Press the restart button below to exit World of Warcraft and download the patch." Then it takes me back to login screen with another popup that says, "Failed to apply patch. Please try again later. If problem persists you may need to reinstall or contact technical support." Any suggestions on what to do from here?
    that post is to solve a different problem.

To solve your problem you need to read the second post of this thread.
    If you scroll up you will read:
    dzonisha1 (5 days ago) "Found the solution! I couldn't log in with email adress so i logged in with my name"

Basically you need to log-in by using your Account name (not email address)
    Edited: September 29, 2020