1. Question about character Trade

Ok so I am bored with my ~5.6k gs PvP DK. I want to try Pally next and retire the DK. I understand that I cannot bypass the minimum amount of coins for a character trade (which is currently 236 for my DK). 236 would be perfect to get me started on my Pally but I feel like it will not sell for such a high price. Do you guys who have sold characters before have any tips? I am noticing a ton of characters for sale right now that have most slots empty except for maybe 2-6 epics. Would I be better off stripping down some of my epics so my character is a cheaper price, or should I just be patient for the 236 price to sell?

Also as I understand it, upon sale all items in bags and in the bank / mailbox are destroyed correct? So I should move everything I can to one of my other toons?

Also also, there is no way to just outright trade someone a pally for a dk? I'm honestly just looking for as painless as possible of a reroll.

2. My advice is: put all gear that is not BiS in your bag and sell equipment only.

If you do not have any BiS pieces then you are extremely unlikely to sell your character at all.

3. Is the item BiS? If not, place it in the bag.
    Is the item BoE? If not, place it in the bag.

Go to character trade and select "Equipment only" as selling method. If you're happy with the amount of coins you get for selling it, list your character for sale.

Anything in your bags/bank with value, is best sent to other toons. Don't delete too much stuff, as you might want to keep your DK, if you can't get it sold.

There's no way to trade characters any other way.

4. I sold a rogue with full pvp equipment for 200coins. Now I have a warrior for sale for 85coin and enh shaman for 122 coins. If I sell, I will buy dk with Shadowmourne Weapon xd.