1. DBW on Ret Pallys?

Is DBW bad for Ret Pallys? I currently have WS(NM) and comets trail(lvl232)

2. Yes, it's ****. They use it either to gs whore or to feel good with the tauren proc, that's all.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=337981

3. DBW is good for any class that has a big two handed weapon and 30%+ overall dmg coming from Physical dmg done.
    Issue with Ret is that TAIAJ and STS are better than DBW so you end up going for another two options in the end.

Since DBW is bis for many classes, it would be a douche move to take it as a Ret from someone who will use it forever because eventually you will get TAIAJ or STS to replace it.

This is why if someone else is there that needs DBW and will use it forever on the toon, you pass the trinket.
    If no one wants it, you take it and use it until you have TAIAJ and STS available.

4. Dbw is garbage for pally. End of discussion

5. Dbw is garbage for pally. End of discussion
    Just because arp is the least desired stat, doesnt mean its garbage. You sound like you wouldnt take 1400arp if they would give it to you as bonus. Yet majority of paladins doesnt mind saying sts hc is bis, only because they have been told that. What Gnimo said is enough for an answer for the op.

6. Just because arp is the least desired stat, doesnt mean its garbage. You sound like you wouldnt take 1400arp if they would give it to you as bonus. Yet majority of paladins doesnt mind saying sts hc is bis, only because they have been told that. What Gnimo said is enough for an answer for the op.
    I'd hope that the link in the 2nd post was enough of an answer, as Gnimo's answer isn't even ballpark for how bad it is for a Ret, and it has nothing to do with armor pen. The proc does not line up with wings. Even if you got Taunka on every proc, it still performs worse than Herkuml on any decent length fight. In order for it to compete with the other "decent" trinkets (read: not best trinkets, just decent, like WFS), the fight in question would need to last sub-2 minutes. Because the moment DBW has to compete with a 2nd wings lining up with a trinket proc, it loses.

This was explained in the link in the 2nd post, now if yall would just go read it.

7. Yea, I cant agree with the link in the 2nd post for multiple reasons, which is why I said what I said.

You actually want the passive Armor Penetration, the thing you dont want is RNG when it comes to DBW proc and not knowing how long the fight would be. If you somehow knew that a fight would be long enough to end at the last sec of DBW proc, you would maybe reconsider those "decent" trinkets.

Imagine saying DBW is bad on a fight that lasts 140 sec where you had double Taunka proc.
    Imagine saying DBW does not sync with AW at all where it will be synced for 20 sec with first AW and 15 sec if DBW procs instantly which is how much you have an uptime on STS/WFS/DV/DC during AW (sometimes DBW will be 2-5sec late, which means more up time with AW).
    Also, in order for second AW to sync with STS/WFS/DV/DC you need to wait ~15sec after AW finished its cooldown.

Again, DBW is a great trinket for any class that deals 40%+ of overall damage as Physical with 2/3 procs being super good for the burst in a fight that lasts 140-150sec. The issue, as you can see, is that all those stars have to align perfectly which wont happen for sure 33% of the times if you are not unlucky.
    Enha Shaman, Assassin Rogue, Ret Paladin, all get together in that category, where only Ret has 2 better trinkets for end game, while Enha and Assassin only have STS as a better option.

On top of it all, since you get Strength / Haste / Crit as a Ret, you actually dont have a "super" bad proc like Enha and Assassin have which is Agility.
    But again, you have 2 better options: TAIAJ and STS, so you do not want DBW in the end.

WFS would be a better trinket to try to get your hands on while gearing, mainly because it has huge usage in PvP as well for a Ret, and most of the other specs and classes wont use it as they get "bis" trinkets.

8. It is nice to see how the number of bad paladins (and players in general) is directly proportional to the existence of these bizarre theories, enriched by percentages and situations bordering on ridicule.

9. Only reason to even get DBW HC is to goof around in BGs. And that's only if nobody else wants it. It's fun in BGs if you get Taunka proc + DC HC proc + Wings (and if you add berserk on top of it pog) because you hit like you're wielding a thermonuclear warhead and not a sword, but that's about it.

I had it on Molten and I had some hilarious moments with it but other than that taking it if anyone else wants it is just lame since for PvE it's pretty worthless except in RHC I guess, lol.