1. Gear Based Match Making in Battlegrounds

So I buy full Saronite armor and a ilvl232 weapon for my new 80 Death Knight because I want to just jump into PVP. Everything's great. I have 3.2k GS, no one else seems to have more than like 4.5k. It's doable. Until I buy my first piece of Wrathful, then I'm thrown in the sweat lodge and I hit like a ***** while also getting globalled by SM bladestorm warriors.

I was like, okay, ill just take the piece off. Nope. As long as I have the piece, it's nothing but soaking wet lobbies. So then I was going to just forego buying any pieces until I could afford the full set of furious + wrathful. Nope. Honor caps out at 75k.

Is there any work around for this aside from just playing on Blackrock or grinding weeks of PVE content? Though I guess I could just suck it up and get bodied in every BG, but I hate being dead weight

Thank

2. You got it 100% right. Sadly atm bg has 2 brackets. Frostourne and equal - anything else. You can be naked with 1 boe ring in bag and youre against 6.7k ppl. Tip tho, do wg pve wekly quests for extra 50k honor. Other than that. :(

3. If you're low geared the best thing you can do is play objectives. Cap bases, no matter how many times you die. Chase flags and if someone comes try to run away with CC. Neat trick in BGs is canceling revive from spirit healer and running back to your corpse - especially useful if you die in enemy base in AV where you can continue forcing the towers/graveyards in the backline.

Another thing you can do is play the support and always stick in groups. Grip healers into your team, spam chains of ice, silence casters etc. Focus on CC rather than damage.

4. If youre not at least 6kgs you dont have a chance against those bis gear premade people. So you have 3 choices: Grind pve gear with raid guilds, later join premades/pvp guilds. or donate for gear and go to premades/pvp guilds, or stop playing pvp. nothing else you can do. and even with bis gear, without premades/pvp guild i wouldnt play bgs. The higher bracket is a sweat fest.
    Edited: September 28, 2020