1. The *****s commenting to say that this issue is fine are Icecrown morons. The BG's should be separate, who has time to face pay to win *****s?

2. Cross-realm Battlegrounds is fine as its not truly competitive form of PVP, whats ****ed up is cross-realm arenas.

Cross-realm in Lord is a very very bad idea

3. Crossrealm is fine in every aspect and has been overwhelmingly positive for all three realms. There's obvious concerns with particular titles being given out at very easily achievable marks, but otherwise it's great.

4. I support the OP. I was actually going to make a thread about this. Crossrealm BGs on Lordaeron is an absolute trash idea since the other servers are p2w/instant rele.

Why? Simply because people who want to enjoy a blizzlike experience shouldn't be forced to play vs people who pay and they are instantly full BiS.

PvP is a big aspect of the game, i like doing bgs, gearing is a process, i don't see why should i que into bg to get trained over full BiS people that havent played ****. Yes, i myself have a BiS war in blackrock and guess what, i just did arena got 1800 rating and purchased 3 wrathful , all offpieces and twilight scale+ deathbringers will. Paid 27 euros and there we go, i got ranger general HC.

The people who disagree with OP get the **** out of here, even if u are Icecrown shills, i dont see why do u even care about this. Icecrown+Blackrock pop is big enough to pop bg 24/7 without any issue.

Lordaeron is the only non-p2w realm, then make its pvp non-p2w aswell. And lets not talk about arena, facing blackrock/icecrown players there make absolute 0 ****ing sense. Anyway, BGs would be healthy anyway, lord has stable 8k pop lol

5. I support the OP. I was actually going to make a thread about this. Crossrealm BGs on Lordaeron is an absolute trash idea since the other servers are p2w/instant rele.

Why? Simply because people who want to enjoy a blizzlike experience shouldn't be forced to play vs people who pay and they are instantly full BiS.

PvP is a big aspect of the game, i like doing bgs, gearing is a process, i don't see why should i que into bg to get trained over full BiS people that havent played ****. Yes, i myself have a BiS war in blackrock and guess what, i just did arena got 1800 rating and purchased 3 wrathful , all offpieces and twilight scale+ deathbringers will. Paid 27 euros and there we go, i got ranger general HC.

The people who disagree with OP get the **** out of here, even if u are Icecrown shills, i dont see why do u even care about this. Icecrown+Blackrock pop is big enough to pop bg 24/7 without any issue.

Lordaeron is the only non-p2w realm, then make its pvp non-p2w aswell. And lets not talk about arena, facing blackrock/icecrown players there make absolute 0 ****ing sense. Anyway, BGs would be healthy anyway, lord has stable 8k pop lol
    I totally agree
    Frostmourne has same population as Lordaeron but the number of players who queue for arena in that realm is like 20 times more. you can go to an arena spectator and see that.
    I must admit just a few people in Lordaeron like cross-realm for some reasons like joining soloq or higher chances of proc and facing a team in 3v3 so maybe it’s best to make this cross-realm optional for Lordaeron like Mercenary Mode.

6. It's been posted over and over and over again for SEVERAL years. They do NOT care. Stop wasting your time.

I personally see PvP in Lord like something to do once you start getting 25HC gear, like an end-game thing to do. There is no other way to take it.

7. Pros:

>Active BG's/Arenas at all times
    >Balance through MM
    >Challenging pvp
    >Possibility to learn from others
    >Arena and BG achievements at reach
    >Feeling of realization after completing a desired goal

Cons:

>Impossible to climb in arenas if you're bad
    >Threads like this being made
    >Open hatred towards the realm that pays the bills
    >Inferiority complex development
    >Abandonement issues development
    >Compulsive cope syndrome
    >Paranoia

You can argue that blackrock has an advantage over the rest since they start with relentless instead of furious, other than that there are no real "cons". By real I mean objectively speaking.

Also drop the P2W argument, no one has anything that you can't get, it's just that we paid for it to avoid farming it over and over and over again.

Inb4 schizos will call me paid shill

8. Also drop the P2W argument, no one has anything that you can't get, it's just that we paid for it to avoid farming it over and over and over again.

Inb4 schizos will call me paid shill
    while I vaguely agree with you on the general topic, come on man. you're basically just saying: "dont call it pay to win, I dont like that". people generally dont complain about the great players who genuinely just dont want to "farm it over and over again". Most people have no issue with 2.4k rated players buying gear that requires rating for their 7th alt. The frustration obviously comes from those who have no clue what they are doing and have elite gear they could never dream of getting through the game, but manage to sit on 1500 rating with their 6.7k gs by sometimes managing to outgear players who got there the usual way and make it frustrating for them to climb. Let's take a casual lordaeron player as example: a 5.4k pvp geared warlock who isnt amazing, but still a decent player (2k in bis gear for sake of the argument) enters the arena with a similarly skilled/geared mate. they will win some games and lose some games to 1500 or w/e. due to crossrealm he regularly faces gorillas who charge and bladestorm him or open with killing spree. Those matches are incredibly frustrating losses, because everyone who has the slightest idea knows that it was only a loss because these guys got their gear through the shop, which isnt available on the server you are playing on.
    imo the pros outweigh the cons for crossrealm, but dont pretend that there are no cons, or you're just as ignorant as those who say there are no pros

9. This Amdbus is ignorant and biased lol

Not saying there are no benefits to cross-realm, im just saying make it optional for those who don't want to participate. If you like torture and being the underdog sure go ahead and enable it.

10. due to crossrealm he regularly faces gorillas who charge and bladestorm him or open with killing spree.
    Lost too hard.

This Amdbus is ignorant and biased lol

Not saying there are no benefits to cross-realm, im just saying make it optional for those who don't want to participate. If you like torture and being the underdog sure go ahead and enable it.
    Problem with making it optional is what happens when half the people from Lordaeron enable it and half disable it? The ones who disabled it maybe wouldn't be able to start a BG at all because not all of Lordaeron has it disabled. It's either remove or keep crossrealm IMO.

11. My example didnt reflect myself. I am 6.6k myself and therefore like crossrealm, but am not ******ed enough to ignore everyone else from the server who doesnt have close to bis gear

12. so I have been there where I bladestorm 5.5k warlocks with smourne, and those wins dont feel good. But above gorillas seem to enjoy nothing more than this, guess they just take whatever win they can.

13. while I vaguely agree with you on the general topic, come on man. you're basically just saying: "dont call it pay to win, I dont like that". people generally dont complain about the great players who genuinely just dont want to "farm it over and over again". Most people have no issue with 2.4k rated players buying gear that requires rating for their 7th alt. The frustration obviously comes from those who have no clue what they are doing and have elite gear they could never dream of getting through the game, but manage to sit on 1500 rating with their 6.7k gs by sometimes managing to outgear players who got there the usual way and make it frustrating for them to climb. Let's take a casual lordaeron player as example: a 5.4k pvp geared warlock who isnt amazing, but still a decent player (2k in bis gear for sake of the argument) enters the arena with a similarly skilled/geared mate. they will win some games and lose some games to 1500 or w/e. due to crossrealm he regularly faces gorillas who charge and bladestorm him or open with killing spree. Those matches are incredibly frustrating losses, because everyone who has the slightest idea knows that it was only a loss because these guys got their gear through the shop, which isnt available on the server you are playing on.
    imo the pros outweigh the cons for crossrealm, but dont pretend that there are no cons, or you're just as ignorant as those who say there are no pros
    Getting charged by a "bladestorming ape" that uses scripts is something that we all suffer regardless of realm and gear. This particular issue isn't an isolated case. I myself have made several threads pointing out the excessive amount of scripters that of course come from Blackrock, because the format of Blackrock is basically a throwaway account.

But the issue with Lordaeron is the uncomfortable truth that everybody knows but themselves. Lordaeron players strongest side isn't PvP. They backpedal in arenas, missclick the medallion and I bet some even get into arenas clicking, but yet they expect to hit 2k rating within a week. Not only they want this and they want it NOW. But also they want it while playing BM+Prot warr, Affli+Ret, Ret+Resto Druid... etc And of course with Fos/Pos gear and a few furious ones.

Like really... everyone that I have faced from Lordaeron didn't lose because of a gear difference, they lost because they seemed to have missclicked the arena queue instead of the WG one.

This Amdbus is ignorant and biased lol

-10/10 bait

14. you completely 100% missed my point. I wasnt referring to scripters, but just to horrible people with bis gear who get carried by their gear. noone here expects to get 2k rating within a week except for those who already hit it on other chars and are capable of it. just read what I wrote again, I am not gonna explain it again if it stands right there.

15. you completely 100% missed my point. I wasnt referring to scripters, but just to horrible people with bis gear who get carried by their gear. noone here expects to get 2k rating within a week except for those who already hit it on other chars and are capable of it. just read what I wrote again, I am not gonna explain it again if it stands right there.
    I didn't miss your point, I just extended it. But it's dumb that we discuss the arena situation since the OP main concern are BG's. I made my points on why the crossrealm feature is positive for BG heros and casuals alike. I don't think that anyone that enjoys BG's wants to see 2 BG's completely removed from the pool because there aren't enough players for it. Since this was the situation on Lordaeron before the crossrealm.

This thread is no better than those about ganking lowbies or crying over twinks or multiboxers. Nobody from Lordaeron has made a convincing argument on why the crossrealm is bad besides the "I get steamrolled, shut it down!" or the "You're not from Lordaeron, shut up!". This is just another systemic venting thread.

First 1234 Last