1. A step i would have apprechiated in retail wow aswell instead of removing follow in pvp combat. For those complaining, 4 lava bursts can already oneshot most classes ...let that sink in with your 40 toons.
    That would only apply in actual battlegrounds and not WG

2. Greetings to You too,

what happens if the guy chooses to bring his 25 toons and his friend comes with his 25 toons and another friend of them comes with another 25 toons of his and they run around 3 groups of 25 toons? Technically he is not breaking any rules, they are all multiboxing with 25 characters. Does it depend of what they do if the mods will allow it or take action, or will the mods take action since it's a deep into grey area of rule bending?

Regards,
    The multiboxerslayer

3. Greetings to You too,

what happens if the guy chooses to bring his 25 toons and his friend comes with his 25 toons and another friend of them comes with another 25 toons of his and they run around 3 groups of 25 toons? Technically he is not breaking any rules, they are all multiboxing with 25 characters. Does it depend of what they do if the mods will allow it or take action, or will the mods take action since it's a deep into grey area of rule bending?

Regards,
    The multiboxerslayer
    Nothing will happend at all dont worry about it.
    They will only take action if the same player is controlling more then 25 characters at the same time.

4. What an interesting read.... I can't say I'm surprised by this. I've boxed here for many years, against, and played with some fantastic boxers. I've always kept mine to 24, so it looks like i can go one higher :)

Some of the player base cheers this as a victory, some are upset, both points of views have valid points. but honestly, this is a VERY fair compromise.

The staff I'm sure debated this for awhile, and the explanation is sound, however one thing to note to the 25+ boxers... no ones saying you can't have more accounts, they are just saying you can't have more than 25 accounts logged in at the same time. it's not like you lose the accounts.

We in the boxing community play by the rules, the ones that don't get shown the door quickly. so even though it may sting a little bit, there is nothing in this that is unreasonable. I agree wholeheartedly with Pigeonlord, by setting a limit now, ensures that boxing will always be allowed here, regardless of what the morons say this is "a good first step" 25 is the limit of all raids, and in my opinion, all you should ever need.
    Edited: October 17, 2020

5. This thread was one of the best reads ever... the way conflict built up through posts which became more emotional and less reasonable is very entertaining!

Let's face it - multiboxing exists due to a loophole and Blizzard's willingness to use that loophole to get multiple subs where otherwise there would be only one. I respect Warmane for following this rule, however I'm very much against it personally.

I believe multiboxing brings enjoyment only to the multiboxer, at the expense of enjoyment of scores of others. This is an RPG game where you should be invested in your own character, not dozens of zero-collision identical drones. Multiboxers can justify their work as frequently "challenging" and occasionally "helpful" - but a vast majority of players find their existence illegitimate, unfair and very frustrating.

The limitation is very welcome for whatever reason it's brought - let's hope it makes WG playable for commoners as well!

6. This thread was one of the best reads ever... the way conflict built up through posts which became more emotional and less reasonable is very entertaining!

Let's face it - multiboxing exists due to a loophole and Blizzard's willingness to use that loophole to get multiple subs where otherwise there would be only one. I respect Warmane for following this rule, however I'm very much against it personally.

I believe multiboxing brings enjoyment only to the multiboxer, at the expense of enjoyment of scores of others. This is an RPG game where you should be invested in your own character, not dozens of zero-collision identical drones. Multiboxers can justify their work as frequently "challenging" and occasionally "helpful" - but a vast majority of players find their existence illegitimate, unfair and very frustrating.

The limitation is very welcome for whatever reason it's brought - let's hope it makes WG playable for commoners as well!
    What you say is undeniable, thus I agree. The blizzard loophole could be fixed by Warmane, presenting another very valid reason for people to leave the retail scene in favour of the server.
    In fact people harshly complains about multiboxers on retail as well. Something else I would like to add is that it's a bit unfair to let the player with the best PC to have an advantage in Wpvp or BGs, and I'd like to see every player using equally one character in PvP settings.

There is the chance to improve and Warmane has already made the first step, and the day multiboxing will be banned from PvP activities I will donate as a symbol of thankfulness :)

7. What you say is undeniable, thus I agree. The blizzard loophole could be fixed by Warmane, presenting another very valid reason for people to leave the retail scene in favour of the server.
    In fact people harshly complains about multiboxers on retail as well. Something else I would like to add is that it's a bit unfair to let the player with the best PC to have an advantage in Wpvp or BGs, and I'd like to see every player using equally one character in PvP settings.

There is the chance to improve and Warmane has already made the first step, and the day multiboxing will be banned from PvP activities I will donate as a symbol of thankfulness :)
    If you're looking for a single player environment, you have your options. Why are you people still here? Is it the lack of IQ? or just lacking in general? It really opened my eyes when I started playing this server, at how lazy and whiny people can be. What blew me away the most is, people would rather spend DAYS fighting a topic they disagree with, instead of finding the obvious solution, which is just around the corner. Help yourself a little, instead of staying in a place you feel you don't belong. It's really just THAT simple.

You would also be helping the community who already accept the general rules, and those actually READ the rules before joining.
    Edited: October 18, 2020

8. Because I like this server, it's the best one for WOTLK PvP, and I'd like to see its few remaining issues (like this one) resolved to enjoy it even more. Your attack is unjustified since you stated that you "hardly engages a player" and I'm solely speaking about PvP; I'd be very fine to let people multibox in PVE contexts like you seem to be doing.

9. I don't get why some people are upset with the change. What can you do with >25 accounts that you can't do with 25? It's clearly not PvE-related, as mentioned ad nauseam. These people exist only to wreak havoc on the server. Guys like this destroy the economy, create latency issues across the board, have a tendency to grief people in PvP, and needlessly take up WG space.

Also, about telling people to go to other private servers who don't like multiboxers - be careful what you wish for. 99% of people who think multiboxing is a positive force - are other multiboxers. If their wish came true, all they'd do is fly around a desolate wilderness, occasionally seeing another multiboxer. What happens then, who knows.

10. Just because you're staff does it make it valid. Mboxing is cancerous and is bad.

And you should feel bad lol.

11. Warmane has lost their Cool.
    applying rules to multiboxing is like telling people at a race track not to speed.

Useless trying to argue this as they are the race track owners and staff..

12. applying rules to multiboxing is like telling people at a race track not to speed.
    Since when having dozens of dummy runners running in the name of a single runner, jumping in front of the other runners to keep them from properly running, and not caring about winning individually since they are just there to give one person a huge advantage, would have anything to do with speed? And, even more absurdly than the nonsensical comparisson, thinking that limiting the amout of extra runners is "being uncool"?

13. Since when having dozens of dummy runners running in the name of a single runner, jumping in front of the other runners to keep them from properly running, and not caring about winning individually since they are just there to give one person a huge advantage, would have anything to do with speed? And, even more absurdly than the nonsensical comparisson, thinking that limiting the amout of extra runners is "being uncool"?
    So you're saying multiboxing is stopping other players from playing the game properly!?
    Than just update the rules to NO Multiboxing allowed at all. Since you can do that.

You have taken every feedback from what I said and completely twisted to something else. But any ways.
    Multiboxing seems to clearly be such an issue these days and warmane has already taken all the donation from multiboxers they can just end it. Not sure why is it that warmane has to torture the fact that you allow it at first than you take away, in most cases this would be also known as fraud or false advertising, but let's not scale it to a huge law sue right .. it's just a video game and warmane is not a store right :p

14. You have taken every feedback from what I said and completely twisted to something else. But any ways.
    Every feedback? Like which, the ones that were deleted out of being nothing more than calling people who dislike multiboxing "ignorant"? Because that's everything you posted, aside the ridiculous comparison, so this "complete twisting" must be coming from some dark, secluded place.

Multiboxing seems to clearly be such an issue these days and warmane has already taken all the donation from multiboxers they can just end it. Not sure why is it that warmane has to torture the fact that you allow it at first than you take away, in most cases this would be also known as fraud or false advertising, but let's not scale it to a huge law sue right .. it's just a video game and warmane is not a store right :p
    Nothing about the donations ever stated "comes with the right to multibox without limits," but I can't say I expect you to understand that if you even go into "huge lawsuit" comments.

15. Warmane has handle this so well.
    The servers dont seem to have multiboxers online like they used to.
    I wonder why.

First ... 56789 ... Last