1. How do I know this?
    I think it should come without saying that it is allowed in this instance (multiboxing), I don't need to "ask the staff" if fishing bots are allowed...
    Maybe it should, but its not what I have concluded while reading this thread. Is there a possibility others could misinterpret it as well?

I would like to appeal to you and everyone in here one last time. This thread deals with the repercussions of the limitation to 25 characters. The discussion we are engaged in right now is far off topic.
    Edited: November 1, 2020

2. Maybe it should, but its not what I have concluded while reading this thread. Is there a possibility others could misinterpret it as well?
    [...]Other smaller Exploits such as:
    - vehicle exploits.
    - leaving BG starter area before it starts.
    - Powerleveling (to bring a low level char to a high level zone to rush its leveling).
    - anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system.
    - The use of bots (which includes fishing bots).[...]

Source: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037

3. [...]Other smaller Exploits such as:
    - vehicle exploits.
    - leaving BG starter area before it starts.
    - Powerleveling (to bring a low level char to a high level zone to rush its leveling).
    - anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system.
    - The use of bots (which includes fishing bots).[...]

Source: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037
    Thank you, that pretty much clears my personal confusion!

It would be beneficial to the community if we were to stop using the term "soft botting", as it might still cause a lot of confusion regarding the "- The use of bots (which includes fishing bots)...".

On-topic:
    I would very much like to know how are you, multiboxers, adapting to the limitation? What were the changes to your groups? How does the gameplay differ in the new meta? It might be nice to hear some impressions from regular players as well!

4. I love seeing a skeleton come out of the closet. It really shows you who the people in charge really are. And for the record, botting is an automation, that means, you don't touch a damn thing after the engage. Considering anything beyond that, it's a vehicle, a VEHICLE. There's a reason people call it a follow-train, because just like a train, you need to stop it and you need to move it on your own.

Thirdly, a person in this thread made an important point, and man, did it highlight the main issue. Does the staff really care about the players? well, yes, apparently. The majority of course, because that's how all business works. And here lies the problem with this thread: It's a business, and you're allowing a minority to speak. You know damn well it ain't gonna change a thing, but you're using this as a gateway to argue your point so that you feel better about your decision, having the vast majority (like, 25 people? where's the 12k others?) hop in and make their hateful statements.

Right from the start, this was VERY unproductive. This type of thread should have been private, so that boxers could argue their point, and you can either reconsider, or close it within the day it was posted. That never happened. This was sloppy as hell. I don't know how high the standards are here, but I think after covid, they fell quite drastically. Nothing was solved here, and this was an OPEN venting station for the people who feel they lost something, while the hateful and biased majority (25 people lol) came in to mock their loss.

How was this ever a discussion? This is ridicule, not a discussion, and I don't know WHY this is still open when the choice has already been made. Why the hell are we discussing botting and arguing with probably the only boxer who agreed with this choice? unbelievable.

5. I love seeing a skeleton come out of the closet. It really shows you who the people in charge really are.
    I really think you should be a bit more grateful to the mods/admins, after all they're letting you practice something which many players ask to be forbidden altogether, and they do it just for the sake of it, because I doubt they get that much profits for it.
    What actually comes out from several posts (not just yours, tbh) is this hatred, frustration - over nothing - and unjustified attacks, for what, even? 25 man is not really a limit, come on.
    Just my honest opinion.

6. Noted. Would you, please, explain me how the rules are determined so we may avoid future misunderstanding?

Botting is clearly against the rules and I wholeheartedly agree. The problem I see here is addressing a legal way to play the game (multiboxing) in a similar fashion to a illegal way (using an AI to play the game instead of the player)".
    It's called "an exception." It's much the same case as ganking, which fits the description of harassment, something that isn't allowed, but isn't treated as such as far as the rules go and is allowed.

7. But multiboxing isnt botting, the characters move trough /follow apart from the leader and their abilities are activated with a software that sends the same key command out to different clients/computers.

Why would ganking/griefing someone in-game EVER be a bannable offence if its done trough pvp on a pvp server?
    If I want im going to camp you for hours and there is nothing they can do about it since its not bannable on pvp servers.

8. I really think you should be a bit more grateful to the mods/admins, after all they're letting you practice something which many players ask to be forbidden altogether, and they do it just for the sake of it, because I doubt they get that much profits for it.
    What actually comes out from several posts (not just yours, tbh) is this hatred, frustration - over nothing - and unjustified attacks, for what, even? 25 man is not really a limit, come on.
    Just my honest opinion.
    I think you are right in more than one way. And I feel confident saying a vast portion of the boxing community is grateful for still being able to play 25 toons. At this point I've only seen extremly negative feedback from a very very small portion of the boxing community.

However, moderators are here to moderate the forums. They can't allow or dis-allow you anything that is related to ingame stuff, wich is being handled by Game Master's and/or Admins. They can't issue bans or enforce rules in the game itself. But don't get me wrong, that doesn't make them any less important as they are an important voice on this forum board. This is the exact reason why I am so frustrated over these biased opinions. Personally I feel that a little bit more neutral behaviour would have been better for both parties.

It's called "an exception." It's much the same case as ganking, which fits the description of harassment, something that isn't allowed, but isn't treated as such as far as the rules go and is allowed.
    Thank you. So can I take your reply as official, is Warmane's stance on multiboxing hereby "soft botting" with an exception to the rules. or was it your personal opinion all along and can I hereby discard our silly quarrel?

9. Thank you. So can I take your reply as official, is Warmane's stance on multiboxing hereby "soft botting" with an exception to the rules. or was it your personal opinion all along and can I hereby discard our silly quarrel?
    For one, I never called it "soft botting." I said it's low-grade, and that's not a matter of opinion. The automation in having one input be replicated multiple times is undeniable (vs. the version with no automation that would entail going to each individual peripheral to interact with each individual client physically). It also has no in-game support, requiring external software to make it happen, completely unlike using supported LUA commands/scripts, so arguments comparing the two things are textbook "apples and orange." Pointing out extremely straight facts has no bearing on neutrality, no matter how you try to paint or color it, all it does in a case like this is attempt to stop the spread of a flawed argument often used to shut down people with a different opinion. All that matters and is relevant is that it's allowed and there's no intention of changing that at any point.

First ... 2101112