1. Oh, don't you worry, I knew from the start this was going to happen and what my rights were. Thank you for pointing those out to me. You also might want to edit Rule 15 while you're at it. Clearly, it's hardly enforced.
    You're welcome. That saves me from pointing out that while you're framing the decision as punishment, it's a compromise. Don't forget regular players would want zero multiboxing allowed.

Rule 15 is enforced. Maybe you don't notice it because posts and threads are deleted when they go too far or are just repeating what's already in existing threads. As said rule states, "moderation action taken will depend upon the severity of the action," but that can also include no action - just like ganking is allowed and not every single thread complaining about it gets removed, just those that cross the line.

2. The reason why we are doing this, as it might be a surprise, is exactly because of World PvP. People get enormous teams and shut down an entire area of the game for hours. We are talking about hundreds of characters. Realistically, multiboxers only do well in Wintergrasp and in the open world. Many get the notion that multiboxers dominate everywhere but the data and statistics show that they don't. The amount of complaints we receive during these hours of slaughter peaks astronomically, but this was never the core issue.

The core issue is that the hardware is getting much much better. It is now possible to run several computers at the same time, with some of those computers having even two processors. This has enabled some players to make 200 character teams and have no issues running this. We have to set a limit somewhere. We took a look at what kind of multiboxing was possible 10 years ago, without running a supercomputer, and we also took a look at most multiboxers' playstyle, character count and what they mostly do and decided based on that.
    Like I mentioned before, I saw this coming. My only, and only request would be to leave frostwolf out of it. At least give over ambitious people a home. I understand even the server has hardware limitations, but currently, it is a low populated server, and they scream for new players to join. I tend to fill that role visually, and I'd like to continue to do that. I'm not abusing anything, nor do I plan to. If I can exist solely for that server, I'd be fine with that.

3. Just to be clear,
    does this apply to characters logged in at the same time or actively being played/multiboxed?

like if i have a 25 man team logged in, but also a single toon,
    does that count for 26 multiboxed even though it is not being used at the same time?

4. Just to be clear,
    does this apply to characters logged in at the same time or actively being played/multiboxed?

does that count for 26 multiboxed even though it is not being used at the same time?
    From his quote -

Anyone violating this limitation will have side-effects in the game kindly reminding them that they're playing with extra characters. Repeatedly avoiding or trying to bypass the limitation will result in termination of your account.
    That basically sounds like an automated system, like the anti-cheat system, which will probably count your logins. If it somehow counts your spell/skill count, I'd be quite impressed.

5. From his quote -

That basically sounds like an automated system, like the anti-cheat system, which will probably count your logins. If it somehow counts your spell/skill count, I'd be quite impressed.
    You mean the anti-cheat system that sometimes get characters stuck when zoning into wintergrasp?

6. You mean the anti-cheat system that sometimes get characters stuck when zoning into wintergrasp?
    I'm not aware of that. The anti-cheat system tracks activity. It's triggered by events which are abnormal to the system. Like randomly floating without a skill present, or moving abnormally quickly. It then sends a message to the GMs, stating your character's activity. It can also disconnect you based on the severity. I can only imagine what that looks like with 12k people. Jesus christ.

As stated before, I would like a reply to my frostwolf request. It is not connected to any of the other realms, and will not affect pvp. I would like to sort my mind out and move on to other things if I'm not able to continue as I already have.
    Edited: October 2, 2020

7. Guess I no longer have to commit to the 1000 MBoxer idea. But what stops people from using programs such as "Mouse without Borders" to control multiple PCs to run multiple instances of 25 MBoxers?

8. But what stops people from using programs such as "Mouse without Borders" to control multiple PCs to run multiple instances of 25 MBoxers?
    Probably this.

Repeatedly avoiding or trying to bypass the limitation will result in termination of your account.

9. Just a questions:
    Is this limitation imposed EVERYWHERE?
    Like, would I be allowed to play a 40-man team inside a classic raid, where there will be absolutely no effect on other players?
    Thanks.

10. Just a questions:
    Is this limitation imposed EVERYWHERE?
    Like, would I be allowed to play a 40-man team inside a classic raid, where there will be absolutely no effect on other players?
    Thanks.
    It's a maximum of 25 characters, period. No matter where or what.

11. It's a maximum of 25 characters, period. No matter where or what.
    Does this also apply to my previous question?

Just to be clear,

And also to add to that, does it also apply if two people in the same household in total go over that limit?

12. It's a maximum of 25 characters, period. No matter where or what.
    You should probably just tell people in the initial post that there is no negotiating. It would really help them understand better and forefit any questions or concerns.

13. Does this also apply to my previous question?
    And also to add to that, does it also apply if two people in the same household in total go over that limit?
    I don't know specifics of how it would be done, but my assumption is that it will be an yes for both cases. At least, personally, I consider a flat limit and multiboxers simply having to run 24+1 or 23+2 for such cases to be much more straightforward and simple than starting to create caveats and special cases, especially when that sort of question sends all sorts of red flags of people digging for work-arounds.

You should probably just tell people in the initial post that there is no negotiating. It would really help them understand better and forefit any questions or concerns.
    It's not that I disagree with you in essence... just that the experience of being here for all these years tells me people would still ask anyway.

14. I don't know specifics of how it would be done, but my assumption is that it will be an yes for both cases. At least, personally, I consider a flat limit and multiboxers simply having to run 24+1 or 23+2 for such cases to be much more straightforward and simple than starting to create caveats and special cases, especially when that sort of question sends all sorts of red flags of people digging for work-arounds.

It's not that I disagree with you in essence... just that the experience of being here for all these years tells me people would still ask anyway.
    Thanks for the answer,
    it's not looking for workarounds though, it's more that i also play solo at the same time and would like to continue doing so without having to log out toons,

btw it seems the check is not active yet since i did login 26 toons earlier just to test,
    when can we expect the check to go live that will say that you are over the 25 character limit?
    Or is it live but simply not all black and white in what it deems 25+ toons logged in?
    Edited: October 2, 2020

15. if you wanna keep it real about this .. when WOTLK was current content I was running a max of 25 characters back than. and that was with 2 computers.
    so I can see why this change has finally came trough in warmane server to be more like blizzard like server from 2010.
    I was able to run raids on my own and also do wpvp witch is what I love and get the most hate whispers from..
    so this change to me doesn't impact much as I only been running teams of 25 - 32 anyways.. BUT I have 175 Accounts register on warmane and they have all been donated.

For many other Multiboxer that has 40+ characters (DONATED) and has supported warmane the most has to look at this decision as some kind of joke.
    I feel as warmane should have plan this when it was merged from molten and plan ahead of time.
    Everyone knew this was coming. there is no surprise in this decision.

First 1234 ... Last