1. I'm not suggesting anything. Straight facts don't need suggesting. Your "intentions" when donating aren't something covered by the donations. If you donate to make use of a bug we later label as exploiting and liable to bans, are you going to want a refund? I guess probably, but I'd have no ethical qualms about that decision.
    Great, so you're telling me that Warmane is keeping the money, is that right?

2. Great, so you're telling me that Warmane is keeping the money, is that right?
    Naturally, just as are you keeping all the rewards you claimed with your donations, all the queue skipping, intant-max levels, gear and whatnot.

3. I'm not suggesting anything. Straight facts don't need suggesting. Your "intentions" when donating aren't something covered by the donations. If you donate to make use of a bug we later label as exploiting and liable to bans, are you going to want a refund? I guess probably, but I'd have no ethical qualms about that decision.
    Response to your retroactively edited response:
    What are you talking about specifically, what kind of bug? If its something ridiculous like a bug that lets you play the game in a way it was never intended to played in (lets say one that allows you to attack through walls or something) then fine, ban and keep the cash I guess. But multiboxing? That always has been allowed by blizzard and still is. Stig is running 48 on retail, going for 96/.
    Go ahead and make the case why you get to keep this guys money. I want to hear the ethical reasoning:
    "Donor" sends 1000 Euros in order to definitely-not-purchase-gear on warmane's, totally-not-a-store for his 10 shamans, and the next day he wakes up to find out that they made a new rule which states he's no longer allowed to play those 10 shamans that he donated for. I mean he gets to keep them right? Does that help him? How hard is it really to turn loose of that cash and give that guy a refund?

4. More than enough has been said already, by Staff and players alike. You've received all pertinent answers, and then some. As other players might have something else to say, I'm personally not locking this yet, but consider yourself invited to stop going in circles and hogging this thread.

5. Shadow, you're really embarrassing yourself.
    Are you going to argue that that "DONATE" button is there for people to show how much they love Warmane?
    You log in and you see literally see "STORE" right next to "DONATE". Are you really going to argue that a place where they require a "donation" of 150 Euro to acquire a single item or even much more to complete a character is in fact not a store? Don’t disregard the healthy and active market they have for these items. They just happen to make a LOT of money from "donations" because people want to wish them well with money? Warmane never had any motive in setting this operation up in order to profit? How about the gold squish that ensures they keep getting revenue from gold sales fueled by coin sales? <<Good Move. Everything about Warmane is set up as a business first, not a place for enthusiasts to gather and show their appreciation BUT they do such a great job at BOTH things I have to reiterate: WARMANE I LOVE YOU, I THINK YOU'RE BRILLIANT BUSINESS PEOPLE, EXCUSE THE CAPS, I APPLAUD YOU. BLIZZ NEEDS SOMEONE TO SHOW THEM HOW IT'S DONE. But Shadow, don't act like they're taking donations on the side and this isn't a money making operation. Nothing wrong with making money.
    Law has always been, and will always be, about what can be proven, contextually, and not about technicalities or perceptions. Warmane can look like it has a store, Warmane can look like it is selling you a product. But the reality is it's a donation, and thus as it stands, on paper, and from a legality stand-point, they are not a business, corporation, or therein otherly.

I'm not saying you're not justified in your complaints given your loss with this particular ruling, however from a legality viewpoint you can not dispute nor argue any claim against Warmane as your payments were donations. Furthermore, in donating to Warmane you've accepted their Terms of Service which includes, but is not limited to, automatic acceptance and enrolment of their donation policies.

And to clarify; I'm not attacking you. I was simply correcting you. They are legally protected from a financial standpoint, as long as all payments made are classified as "donations".

Fact Check, I mentioned it twice. Now twice is a multitude?
    Multiple is an implication of more than singular, or one. So yes, a two would count as a multitude, or simplified as multiple.

Sure they avoid using words like "purchase", and "customer" for legal reasons (If I were them I would NEED to do the same because of lawyers and a legal system that is looking to parasite off anyone they can) but at the end of the day, if you sent them 1000 Euros in order to definitely-not-purchase-gear on their, totally-not-a-store for your 10 shamans, and the next day you wake up to find out that they made a new rule which states you're no longer allowed to play those 10 shamans that you donated for (not because you were showing your love), you WOULD have a problem with it, and if you didn't you'd just be a submissive tool and I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you in that case. If that were the case you'd do anything for them, you'd pay for their bathwater and it wouldn't even need to be authentic! It could be virtual bathwater and you'd be fine.
    Not only are you not being disallowed access to your characters, or being punished nor chastised; you are simply being told you are no longer allowed to access ALL of your characters, in direct succession. You still retain all access to your characters, all gear you obtained as a reward for your donations, queue-skip priviledges, so on and so forth. You are simply being told that you are no longer allowed to access ALL of your characters AT ONCE.

Moreover, I have infact lived through this very situation and I was understanding of the implications. I had 10 characters on a singular account (non-multibox), on Neltharion (the old Cataclysm server that shut down quite a while ago now), all with gear obtained as a reward for my donations. I have spent plenty of money over the 2-3 year course that the realm was alive and thriving, however one day I returned to find out that particular realm had been shut down due to an everly decreasing population, and I did indeed lose all of those characters along with all of the gear I had donated for - and what were we given as compensation?

An instant level-80 character boost transfer to WotLK, or an instant level-90 character boost transfer to MoP, with green starter gear that wasn't even sufficient enough ilvl/gearscore to join a Heroic Dungeon in either expansion, respectively. But you won't find any complaints in my post history.

I accepted the loss. I knew the risk of donating for gear on a private server to begin with. The difference between my situation, which was a true loss, and your situation, is that you haven't actually lost ANYTHING other than the ability to multibox with more than 25 of your characters at a time.

To conclude once again; the same way I am not able to refund Warmane for the joy those items brought, nor the time spent using their servers - which also have a cost - I would not expect them to refund me the donations I sent them which they no doubt have burnt through by having to pay for the server upkeep cost of the very server I played on.
    Edited: October 3, 2020

6. The reason why we are doing this, as it might be a surprise, is exactly because of World PvP. People get enormous teams and shut down an entire area of the game for hours. We are talking about hundreds of characters. Realistically, multiboxers only do well in Wintergrasp and in the open world.
    A WPVP guild is different in this perspective how ? you get 2 wpvp guilds its a huge fight than multiboxers get called and it is even bigger..

Wintergrasp is 160vs160 .. and it doesn't even work right.. NPC are glitchy at times and sometimes cannons work and sometimes it doesn't..you find alliance flags where Horde Flags should be..

if you want to claim multiboxers in wpvp are doing this .. i have to call you out on that one .. there are only 2 may be 3 people who are able to run 60+ characters on the server. and you can find this out from just being in a multiboxing community, and just playing the game where wpvp happens.

we all get whispers about how a fight is a bout to go down and we get called for it.. i never once seen a 40+ multiboxer in wpvp . only in Wintergrasp..

so your argument that you doing this because multiboxers are shuting down an area is absolutly BULL**** !!! your argument falls on it self there .. you are doing it for other reason we can't argule because what ever you say we have to follow and we cant argule..

so please for **** sakes close this post and lets all move on with the 25 we get ... before they just cancel multiboxing over all and no one can play this game multiboxing..

... blizzard like server.. yeah right..

7. if you want to claim multiboxers in wpvp are doing this .. i have to call you out on that one .. there are only 2 may be 3 people who are able to run 60+ characters on the server. and you can find this out from just being in a multiboxing community, and just playing the game where wpvp happens.

we all get whispers about how a fight is a bout to go down and we get called for it.. i never once seen a 40+ multiboxer in wpvp . only in Wintergrasp..
    There are a lot of 40 boxers, all boxers ruining this game.
    Warmane must forbid multiboxing finally, or allow just 5 accounts per time or disable follow with pvp flag/in bgs, and allow just pve boxing.

8. A WPVP guild is different in this perspective how ? you get 2 wpvp guilds its a huge fight than multiboxers get called and it is even bigger..

Wintergrasp is 160vs160 .. and it doesn't even work right.. NPC are glitchy at times and sometimes cannons work and sometimes it doesn't..you find alliance flags where Horde Flags should be..

if you want to claim multiboxers in wpvp are doing this .. i have to call you out on that one .. there are only 2 may be 3 people who are able to run 60+ characters on the server. and you can find this out from just being in a multiboxing community, and just playing the game where wpvp happens.

so your argument that you doing this because multiboxers are shuting down an area is absolutly BULL**** !!! your argument falls on it self there .. you are doing it for other reason we can't argule because what ever you say we have to follow and we cant argule..

so please for **** sakes close this post and lets all move on with the 25 we get ... before they just cancel multiboxing over all and no one can play this game multiboxing..

... blizzard like server.. yeah right..
    I know of one guy who sits in a location and hogs it. One. He comes on ONCE every 3 hours for it. My wife personally rides around the world and HELPS people, including the opposite faction, to feel at peace for a minute. I have plenty of screenshots where she was harassed just for existing, and false reports were constantly threatened against her. For doing what exactly? being helpful? being aware? This really is just a bunch of bull****. I've been on during the day, and my wife comes on during the evening hours, and from my experience? we don't have that many out there. I spoke to most, just so I can verify they're not doing this for malicious purposes, and all of them were reasonable people. This is clearly a punishment for things that have been done by a MINORITY of people, and we all gotta go along with it? PASS.

My wife tried to keep these people in CHECK, so this wouldn't happen. It's really nice to know that all of that was thrown out the window. She feels really great about that by the way. I'm also noticing the staff is expressing a lazy solution to this problem. CLEARLY, 99% of the problem is wintergrasp. The others? a minority. The reports the staff receives are by INSANE, BIPOLAR, ANGRY, people. I have several conversations which are COMMON, that prove my point. If the staff really wanted to fix this, they would enforce rules specifically FOR the mass multiboxers and limit their activities to the MAJORITY reports. But what do I know? I actually considered the entire community when I did this and respected their territory. I'm obviously the one at fault for everything wrong happening out there.

9. This is clearly a punishment for things that have been done by a MINORITY of people, and we all gotta go along with it? PASS.
    In my point of view, it is just another thing on that long list of "This is why we can't have nice things".

My wife tried to keep these people in CHECK, so this wouldn't happen. It's really nice to know that all of that was thrown out the window. She feels really great about that by the way.
    I don't think this should be pertinent. When you put emotions into the conversation like this, it shuts down the conversation. It's not productive.

CLEARLY, 99% of the problem is wintergrasp. The others? a minority. The reports the staff receives are by INSANE, BIPOLAR, ANGRY, people. I have several conversations which are COMMON, that prove my point. If the staff really wanted to fix this, they would enforce rules specifically FOR the mass multiboxers and limit their activities to the MAJORITY reports. But what do I know? I actually considered the entire community when I did this and respected their territory. I'm obviously the one at fault for everything wrong happening out there.
    I wouldn't say INSANE or BIPOLAR. Angry, however, is a very reasonable response for a lot of the cases these players have to deal with. You can't expect them to know or understand better than what they do. Ignorance is and always will be a thing handled by the masses. That said, though, it really isn't just Wintergrasp that is an issue. There are a lot of other scenarios that are constant and regular problems, that even I, myself, had argued amongst the staff that there should be some sort of limitations applied to multiboxers. I think the limit being presented here is a very conservative one at that. I also do not wish to see any "victim complexes" being presented here as arguments to defend multiboxing. It's a lazy argument that can't really be argued against except for one very key point - anyone who knows enough about multiboxing to start doing it should also be well aware of what they are getting themselves into regarding perspective and community views - it should be no surprise to any multiboxer that this is happening. Acting as though it is a surprise, and as though it is a personal attack on any one specific individual is silly and should cease immediately.

10. Multiboxers crying and not getting why the whole world hates them is the most hilarious thing I've ever witnessed.

11. As a pve multiboxer, I'm fine with this change. I have no reason not to be. I eventually plan on upgrading my 10 man team to 25 someday. I always found pvp multiboxing to be kind of a gray area, where one-on-one fights are pretty one sided; I've had instances where level 80s try to kill my 5-man team while leveling and I was still able to kill them without much trouble. So I can understand the change with the kind of focus-fire you can get with multiboxing

It's hard to find a good server that allows multiboxing - I've played on servers in the past that only allowed pve multiboxing so it's definitely a contentious issue in the community.

Hopefully this change can make gameplay more enjoyable for everyone.

12. Multiboxers crying and not getting why the whole world hates them is the most hilarious thing I've ever witnessed.
    Give me one good reason why anyone should hate me, and it better be valid.

As a pve multiboxer, I'm fine with this change. I have no reason not to be. I eventually plan on upgrading my 10 man team to 25 someday. I always found pvp multiboxing to be kind of a gray area, where one-on-one fights are pretty one sided; I've had instances where level 80s try to kill my 5-man team while leveling and I was still able to kill them without much trouble. So I can understand the change with the kind of focus-fire you can get with multiboxing

It's hard to find a good server that allows multiboxing - I've played on servers in the past that only allowed pve multiboxing so it's definitely a contentious issue in the community.

Hopefully this change can make gameplay more enjoyable for everyone.
    You just started with 10. You lost very minimal in comparison to most people.

But let's be honest here, I'm done. I'm not going to waste time, telling people who should already know, that this is irrational, and LAZY. This is LAZY moderating, and nothing you say will prove otherwise, unless you actually take the time to work on this, and inject proper rules. I already know I'm not going to see that.
    Edited: October 4, 2020

13. Give me one good reason why anyone should hate me, and it better be valid.

You just started with 10. You lost very minimal in comparison to most people.
    Taking up X and Y slots in WG that actual players could use and not a multiboxers personal army.
    Spawn killing people who teleport into wintergrasp whenever its just as wintergrasp is about to start or after.
    Filling up BG slots that leds to the team with the multiboxer losing due to lack of bodies who can be at multiple places at the same time.

This has nothing to do with you specificly but its possibly one of the reasons why people dislike multiboxers and you?
    I think its very obvious that the only problem with Multiboxing on Warmane is Wintergrasp and not world pvp or any other activity that they partake in.

14. I'm still new to WoW and multiboxing but isn't 25 still a lot? What content can multiboxers not do anymore because of the limit? Aren't most raids 25man?

15. I'm still new to WoW and multiboxing but isn't 25 still a lot? What content can multiboxers not do anymore because of the limit? Aren't most raids 25man?
    99% of the playerbase who multibox does not do it for pve and its mostly for pvp.

First ... 34567 ... Last