1. 99% of the playerbase who multibox does not do it for pve and its mostly for pvp.
    Ah, okay. Since one person asked to only do the limit for WG and PvP I assumed it would somehow also affect PvE content.
    Thanks.

2. Ah, okay. Since one person asked to only do the limit for WG and PvP I assumed it would somehow also affect PvE content.
    Thanks.
    Max raid limit for pve is 25 for wrath raids, so this change does not affect them for pve.

3. It's a maximum of 25 characters, period. No matter where or what.
    Ok, thanks for the answer.

4. Okay? but having 12k people on the server doesn't? having people spam in chat, doesn't? having people sit idle and do nothing all day, clogging up the server, doesn't? if I cause a BIT of lag, cry me a damn river, cause I'm not the only contributor to it. If this is a problem, then HAVING WINTERGRASP LAGS THE SERVER. So do me a favor and don't do wintergrasp, cause you're lagging my server. You down for that?
    Woloss is not wrong here though. There is a big difference between 100 people actively playing in a zone and 100 people actively playing stacked at one spot. For example 100 characters all mounting a netherdrake would cause significant amounts of lag, I could already notice it with just 40.

Indeed Wintergrasp does lag the server, I bet it's one of the laggiest zones in the game, during battles it doesn't even matter multiboxers present or not just 240 people stacked inside the keep all spamming their abilities will cause tremendous amount of server lag. However this is not a MBX issue due to the cap during WG battles being 240 toons, if both factions are filled and all toons are at the keep, lag is unavoidable no matter how good your system is.

Having too many people stacking on one spot will at some point crash the server. An example: years ago the streamer swifty got banned because giga-loads of people were visiting him ingame during his stream resulting in a server crash.

just to add one thing:

At some point it's just too much and that is the very essence of this limitation. Imagine several 100+ boxers spread across the world. Wether they PVP or not they will undoubtably stress the server at times. (Way more than the equivelant of people all doing different things.)
    Edited: October 4, 2020

5. Tbh I'm concerned about the technological implementation, like how will the automated system detects which chars (connected clients) belong to MBX group?
    Couse if it will be IP based chances are there are other players with same public IP of my ISP, same goes for VPN users. That way the limit would be even less than 25.

6. Tbh I'm concerned about the technological implementation, like how will the automated system detects which chars (connected clients) belong to MBX group?
    Couse if it will be IP based chances are there are other players with same public IP of my ISP, same goes for VPN users. That way the limit would be even less than 25.
    Technicalities, i suppose, are irrelevant. The rules are clear; no more than 25 clients per X/Y. Whether it's IP-based, HWID-based, etc - is, again, irrelevant. If you want to multibox on a server with a 25-client limitation; don't use a VPN. If you have room-mates, it's YOUR job to co-ordinate those matters on when and who can connect at when and how. If 3 of your room mates all multibox 5 characters each, you're stuck with 10 for yourself. If you have 2 characters dedicated to being bank characters, you're stuck with 23 until those can be logged out to swap them in.

Think of it as a match of football. There are 11 players on the field, another 10 or so on the bench at any given time. You can SUBSTITUTE players in and out of the field, but at no point in time can you ever have more than 11 players on the field. No excuses, no technicalities.

The staff have made the rules very clear. The technicalities of how you can manage it are your responsibility. If you find you're no longer able to multibox 25 clients without "accidentally" going over the limit, then don't. Multiboxing is a priviledge afforded to us by a lack of dictatorship-esque ruling over the server, but do not make the mistake of thinking friendly staff means anyone is entitled to avoidance of the rules. There is nothing owed on Warmane's behalf.

If you want to be a hero and protect low levels, go doing wpvp with 1 character like you are supposed to do. If you need more power call some friends and make a raid of different persons, like you are supposed to do. There isn't written anywhere in the sky that you should be able to oneshot gankers, you entitled delusional kid.

Really looking forward to see the limit to 0, hopefully in the nearest future.
    It would bring more players and donations to the server, which at the moment refuse to play here for few reasons, a large one being multiboxing.
    I 100% agree with the first half of your post. That deep-rooted concept of needing to be server police, on their end, is just sad. I understand many people derive their value in life from their hobbies and passions - and for many, being a multiboxer on a World of Warcraft private server, is a hobby - but this whole "my wife keeps other people in check" and "i multibox 40 characters and am entitled to do so because i only kill level 80 gankers!" mentality is definitely giving off superiority complex vibes.

However, in regards to the second half; Warmane is perhaps the only WotLK private World of Warcraft server that allows multiboxing. For you to come to the ONE and ONLY WotLK server that allows multiboxing, just to cry and complain about multiboxing, is embarrassing. If there are so many other servers out there that don't allow multiboxing - why are you adamant on coming to the only one that does, to try and force change?

I'm in agreement with a multiboxing cap, if it was up to me it would be limited to 15. Also, talking of "more players and donations", i don't think it's up for dispute, or can it be argued, that anyone donates greater sums of money to this server than multiboxers. Donating large sums of money doesn't entitle multiboxers to anything, but don't use it as a metric of comparison as to why multiboxing should be banned.
    Edited: October 5, 2020

7. The point I was trying to make is, my ISP has one public IP address that is used as gate for about 4k households. So no matter what I do I cannot in any way control if someone else from those households play on Warmane. I can only control that I myself won't be running more than 25 clients.

8. I don't know if you don't understand or you don't want to understand. Take the example from today, 40 horde came in Stormwind, with 2x25 1x7 mboxer. I'll give u a hint on the 7 boxer, instantly trinkets big ccs, big stuns, etc. While carrying the flag in WSG has his druid (not in a form) in base running to a wall and other toons are fighting in the middle, he instantly changes forms if Slowed by an arcane mage, polymorphed, etc. comandopally the scripter. Anyway, it was 40 horde + 3 mboxers, so 43 people but 97 toons. 2 and a half raids, impossible to manage without a mboxer, impossible for Alliance to gather 100 random people because we didn't have a mboxer. I hope this example from today draws you closer to seeing the problems those people cause. Anyway, Village split from the rest, we killed him, then we killed the other 2 mboxers + the horde raid from a guild, all this with a random raid, inviting anyone who whispered in Stormwind. Then we continued to Stranglethorn and multiple times wiped one of the boxers + few that were there from the non boxer players.

I salute this limitation of 25 toons, should go even lower, because its 10 mboxers ruining the game for thousands of people, on both factions. And WG is not the only problem, its everywhere, battlegrounds, heavily populated dungeon/raids entrances, world pvp and so on.
    Edited: October 5, 2020 Reason: adding details

9. I don't know if you don't understand or you don't want to understand. Take the example from today, 40 horde came in Stormwind, with 2x25 1x7 mboxer. I'll give u a hint on the 7 boxer, instantly trinkets big ccs, big stuns, etc. While carrying the flag in WSG has his druid (not in a form) in base running to a wall and other toons are fighting in the middle, he instantly changes forms if Slowed by an arcane mage, polymorphed, etc. comandopally the scripter. Anyway, it was 40 horde + 3 mboxers, so 43 people but 97 toons. 2 and a half raids, impossible to manage without a mboxer, impossible for Alliance to gather 100 random people because we didn't have a mboxer. I hope this example from today draws you closer to seeing the problems those people cause. Anyway, Village split from the rest, we killed him, then we killed the other 2 mboxers + the horde raid from a guild, all this with a random raid, inviting anyone who whispered in Stormwind. Then we continued to Stranglethorn and multiple times wiped one of the boxers + few that were there from the non boxer players.

I salute this limitation of 25 toons, should go even lower, because its 10 mboxers ruining the game for thousands of people, on both factions. And WG is not the only problem, its everywhere, battlegrounds, heavily populated dungeon/raids entrances, world pvp and so on.
    Why is a multiboxer invading stormwind to kill npcs any different from a random group of horde doing it?
    They produce the same results.
    Guess what you alredy figured out the solution against multiboxers: group up, silence, fear, seperate them and kill them.

10. Why is a multiboxer invading stormwind to kill npcs any different from a random group of horde doing it?
    Guess what you alredy figured out the solution against multiboxers: group up, silence, fear, seperate them and kill them.
    As someone who deleted his comment said, multiboxer is one person with lots of toons, perfectly synchronized and can deal huge burst, whereas even a premade can't do that. And as someone on the previous pages said, 'multiboxers not understanding why everyone hates them is the most hilarious thing here.' Sums it up.

11. Yea that was me, I'm not the one deleting my posts lol.

Here my partial post -

Why is a multiboxer invading stormwind to kill npcs any different from a random group of horde doing it?
    The multiboxer can do that alone, the group of people need, wait for it, a group of people.
    The multiboxer chars act in a perfect synchronized way, he can unleash 40k aoe damage in an instant. There is no way the group of people can do as good as that, and reach that level of synergy and organization.
    Edited: October 6, 2020

12. As someone who deleted his comment said, multiboxer is one person with lots of toons, perfectly synchronized and can deal huge burst, whereas even a premade can't do that. And as someone on the previous pages said, 'multiboxers not understanding why everyone hates them is the most hilarious thing here.' Sums it up.
    Whats stopping a random player from running into the city and killing the auchion house npcs? More or less nothing since peopl really dont care about people running into a city of the opposing faction.
    What a multiboxer does a group of friends can do too, just because a multiboxer can press starfall and chain lightning does not make them immortal and unbeatable.
    There are ways to deal with multiboxers but people only see the bad with them and complain about how overpowered they are.

13. Absolutely awesome thank you!

Thank you for setting limitation on multiboxing Greatly appreciated i would suggest perhaps 5-15 but I have ZERO complaints about this. Thank you very much!!

14. Thank you for setting limitation on multiboxing Greatly appreciated i would suggest perhaps 5-15 but I have ZERO complaints about this. Thank you very much!!
    Surprisingly, this is a post I can appreciate.

15. A step i would have apprechiated in retail wow aswell instead of removing follow in pvp combat. For those complaining, 4 lava bursts can already oneshot most classes ...let that sink in with your 40 toons.

First ... 45678 ... Last