1. That's a really weak argument and using it is just a disservice. Multiboxing is still automation - you are blatantly automating the replication of a single input over 5/10/25 clients, you aren't manually doing it on each character yourself individually. The difference from "classic" botting is how much automation there is, but just the same there are various degrees of "classic" botting, from automatically reacting to something to following complex pathing to harvest nodes. So yes, multiboxing is still low-grade botting, it's simply an exception that is allowed on retail due to the compounding monthly fees and nothing else. Trying to pretend otherwise is just disingenuous.
    As long as the rule of 1 press = 1 action is respected (through the use of multiboxing software, wich is legal.) than it is NOT botting.

There is no low grade botting. You either use bots (or bot, w/e) and break the rules or you don't.

Edit: Just to be clear, botting means the game is being played or actions are being executed "hands-free" that's not the case here.
    Edited: October 31, 2020

2. As long as the rule of 1 press = 1 action is respected (through the use of multiboxing software, wich is legal.) than it is NOT botting.

There is no low grade botting. You either use bots (or bot, w/e) and break the rules or you don't.

Edit: Just to be clear, botting means the game is being played or actions are being executed "hands-free" that's not the case here.
    25 actions with one press isn't 1 press = 1 action.
    Pretty straightforward logic. Allowed doesn't make it not be what it is, that's really all there is to it. It's legal, it's allowed, but it still is what it is.

3. "Does not require direct interaction from a player"

4. So yes, multiboxing is still low-grade botting, it's simply an exception that is allowed on retail due to the compounding monthly fees and nothing else. Trying to pretend otherwise is just disingenuous.
    I would like to see an official statement by Blizzard to prove this claim

5. 25 actions with one press isn't 1 press = 1 action.
    Pretty straightforward logic. Allowed doesn't make it not be what it is, that's really all there is to it. It's legal, it's allowed, but it still is what it is.
    1 press = 1 action, through the use of a boxing-method. as in 1 press = 1 action from your team. (From official blizzard source btw.)

This is not botting, not soft botting, not semi botting, not low grade botting, sure as hell it ain't called allowed botting. it's called Multiboxing. And it's called like that for a reason.

6. Right, it relies on a script. The same as botting.

7. 1 press = 1 action, through (...)
    Unless you are able to stop at the comma, you're not doing 1 press = 1 action.

8. Right its one press, 25 actions. So by your own logic, its botting.

9. Unless you are able to stop at the comma, you're not doing 1 press = 1 action.
    Now you're just baiting me, probably urging to ban me. I've posted what I wanted to say and I'm going to leave it at that.

Cheerio.

10. Now you're just baiting me, probably urging to ban me. I've posted what I wanted to say and I'm going to leave it at that.

Cheerio.
    No, I'm just pointing a very simple and straightforward fact, while you're using semantics to dodge it. Something I don't get why. It's allowed, so what's the problem with the nature of the activity? The reaction is like there's some sort of shame involved in using software to automate the replication of one key press/mouse click across dozens of clients.

11. No, I'm just pointing a very simple and straightforward fact, while you're using semantics to dodge it. Something I don't get why. It's allowed, so what's the problem with the nature of the activity? The reaction is like there's some sort of shame involved in using software to automate the replication of one key press/mouse click across dozens of clients.
    I just pointed out that multiboxing is not botting, you quoted me and called it a weak argument.

You aren't posting straight facts, you're posting straight opinions. Sure you can have the opinion that multiboxing is "soft botting" I don't mind it, heck I understand it, however the only fact is that multiboxing isn't botting and you're the one twisting that, not me.

12. Each keypress results in a single action per game client just as if the characters were controlled by different people. My point of view is that it is quite different to using an AI to play the game instead of the player. But, any opinion expressed in here is completely irrelevant as Warmane's stance is quite clear about it.

The point of this thread is to discuss the 25 character limit and not whether should multiboxing be considered botting or not. With that in mind, please stop the further derailment of this thread and let some constructive discussion take place. To be perfectly clear, I am not asking for it, but it would be nice to have posts such as "Right, it relies on a script. The same as botting." or similar one-liners removed as they add no value to the discussion at hand.

On-topic: The limitation has seriously affected large scale multiboxers (I am talking about ones with 40 or more characters) but has also introduced a whole new meta which has proven to be quite interesting to observe. Seeing competent multiboxers come up with innovative solutions to the reduced amount of utility and damage to overcome other multiboxers and endless hordes of regular players has been quite amusing. On the other hand, it also seems that regular players engage multiboxers in a much more strategic way than ever before. Was it the result of the new meta or not is up for discussion.

Another positive thing I have observed is the increasing amount of cooperation between multiboxers and regular players. People seem to have realized what are the benefits of large multiboxers as well as their weaknesses. I have witnessed more than one instance of regular players picking off the threats to the multiboxer while benefiting from his huge healing potential. Furthermore, it seems that some people are becoming increasingly amused by challenging multiboxers with well thought strategies and are actually seeking out the engagement.

All things considered, my opinion is that despite the limits introduced in this thread, the future of multiboxing on Warmane seems bright and beneficial to both multiboxers and regular players alike.

P.S. Please do not mock my (possibly naive) optimism :)

13. Trying to say that multiboxing is soft botting feels very wrong, since botting is not allowed and multiboxing is allowed, so why try to put a label of something that is not allowed on something that is allowed?

Also weird that a moderator is arguing against something that is allowed. I think moderators should be neutral, although that might just be how I see things and not how things really work.

14. Multiboxing is still automation - you are blatantly automating the replication of a single input over 5/10/25 clients, you aren't manually doing it on each character yourself individually.
    Here a blue post regarding that matter:

"Q:Automation(n): : automatically controlled operation of an apparatus, process, or system by mechanical or electronic devices that take the place of human labor
    By key cloning or otherwise splitting the signal, even with hardware, you have removed the manual labor requirement of hitting 5 separate keys. You have automated the process on 4 out of 5 machines.

A:By that definition a macro, available in-game, could be considered automation. A macro will often do more than one thing, but no more than the system allows. Additionally, a keycloning program can do the same thing as if you were to attach a single keyboard to multiple computers. Which could not be considered automation anymore than if one keyboard were to control a single character. Otherwise no one would be able to play at all.

Automation in this case is to operate a single or multiple characters without direct input. "

Source: https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...xing-blue-post

15. I would like to see an official statement by Blizzard to prove this claim
    I wasn't aware that Blizzard is a dictionary authority on the definition of "botting" or automation, or that they have anything to do with what is or is not allowed on Warmane.

I just pointed out that multiboxing is not botting, you quoted me and called it a weak argument.

You aren't posting straight facts, you're posting straight opinions. Sure you can have the opinion that multiboxing is "soft botting" I don't mind it, heck I understand it, however the only fact is that multiboxing isn't botting and you're the one twisting that, not me.
    If you really want to have this conversation (which I really wouldn't advise, but nobody listens to me, so), then it should start clearly and cleanly with the fact that YOU are not sending singular keystrokes to all of your multiboxed clients all at the same time. A program is doing it for you, helping you to control those characters, that would otherwise be humanly impossible. So yes, there is 3rd party assistance involved. Which also has nothing to do with whether or not it is allowed. I should know, I'm the one that's been posting those rules for the community for years now.

Also weird that a moderator is arguing against something that is allowed. I think moderators should be neutral, although that might just be how I see things and not how things really work.
    I would understand that sentiment if this discussion had any bearing on how the rule-set for it is handled. But it doesn't. Thus, there should be nothing wrong with a moderator partaking in the discussion and expressing an opinion.

First ... 7891011 ... Last