1. 25 Characters limitation - Multiboxing

Greetings multiboxing community,

As you very well know, Warmane has been a place where you can enjoy in this playstyle. We believe it is an essential part of the game and is a valid way of enjoying the game. Unfortunately, as with all games that grew old, the hardware has been exponentially rising in power and this has a direct impact on how multiboxing works.

We have come to a point where players are creating 100-man teams and running multiple machines in order to avoid the hardware limitations. The amount of such players is on the rise and we feel that we need to step in.

Therefore, in order to stop this before it gets even more ridiculous, we will impose a limitation on Warmane players. The maximum amount of characters that multiboxers will be able to play with will be 25. Anyone violating this limitation will have side-effects in the game kindly reminding them that they're playing with extra characters. Repeatedly avoiding or trying to bypass the limitation will result in termination of your account.

There is no plan to limit multiboxing further than this.

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. Why not impose this limit to wintergrasp and BG only? the complaints clearly come from those areas.

3. Why not impose this limit to wintergrasp and BG only? the complaints clearly come from those areas.
    They are more recurrent/vocal on those, but by no means the only source.

4. They are more recurrent/vocal on those, but by no means the only source.
    What other issues stem from these other sources? corpse camping? world pvp? occupying zones? As someone who hardly engages a player, I'm quite annoyed by this change.

5. corpse camping? world pvp? occupying zones?
    Yes, all of those, none of which is invalid.

6. Yes, all of those, none of which is invalid.
    Why don't we just include those in the "disruption of gameplay" rules, so this can be avoided? I'm all for setting ground rules, but punishing the whole base because some or most have decided this is some power hungry trip is a little irrational. Weed out the bad ones.
    Edited: October 2, 2020

7. A good thing. Atleast the future of boxing is ensured.

Why not impose this limit to wintergrasp and BG only? the complaints clearly come from those areas.
    I'm guessing it's not only due to complaints:
    We have come to a point where players are creating 100-man teams and running multiple machines in order to avoid the hardware limitations. The amount of such players is on the rise and we feel that we need to step in.
    In two or more "tech-generations" every high-end workstation will run 100+ chars prolly even more. Imagine the stress it could put on the server aswell.

On retail this gets compensated by adding new expansions and pushing the hardware optimisation.

As someone who hardly engages a player, I'm quite annoyed by this change.
    If you don't PVP then why be bottered? If you own a 40+ team you can still do your things as seperate teams. You can't quest above 40 simultaneously anyways, you have to split up. Nor can you do any PVE above 25 or 40 for older instances. So I don't fully understand the problem.

8. Why don't we just include those in the "disruption of gameplay" rules, so this can be avoided? I'm all for setting ground rules, but punishing the whole base because some or most have decided this is some power hungry trip is a little irrational. Weed out the bad ones.
    There's no punishing going on, simply the setting a limit that already leaves way more than enough room for creativity and whatnot.

9. In two or more "tech-generations" every high-end workstation will run 100+ chars prolly even more. Imagine the stress it could put on the server aswell.
    It could happen, but you have to understand that not everyone can afford these things, and not everyone has the patience or time to do this. Those that do, are quite rare. Most give up before they begin. I've spoken to alot of players, and most look at this as some chore they would never consider.

There's no punishing going on, simply the setting a limit that already leaves way more than enough room for creativity and whatnot.
    Maybe some people put alot of work into their team and would like to utilize it at once, like completing the wintergrasp quests for a raid. I'm limited to almost half a raid.

Also, does this rule go for ALL servers? what about Frostwolf? they have a low population. At least make that the consideration.

10. Maybe some people put alot of work into their team and would like to utilize it at once, like completing the wintergrasp quests for a raid. I'm limited to almost half a raid.
    Maybe you shouldn't be able to complete a Wintergrasp raid quest on your own, nor should allowing a handful of players do that have weight in the decision.

Also, does this rule go for ALL servers? what about Frostwolf? they have a low population.
    The threadis in the Multiboxing section, not in a specifc server's.

11. It could happen, but you have to understand that not everyone can afford these things, and not everyone has the patience or time to do this. Those that do, are quite rare. Most give up before they begin. I've spoken to alot of players, and most look at this as some chore they would never consider.
    I understand your frustration :D but it's pointless to try and argue this. It's quite clear their mind has been made up.

I for one think it's a decent idea. Can't deny that I would have rather had it placed at a 40 limit but that's how it goes :D

Atleast I can still box 100 chars on retail :D (slowly getting there :) 48/96)

12. I understand your frustration :D but it's pointless to try and argue this. It's quite clear their mind has been made up.

I for one think it's a decent idea. Can't deny that I would have rather had it placed at a 40 limit but that's how it goes :D

Atleast I can still box 100 chars on retail :D (slowly getting there :) 48/96)
    Lemme guess, you make the gold up to buy the tokens to play?

Maybe you shouldn't be able to complete a Wintergrasp raid quest on your own, nor should allowing a handful of players do that have weight in the decision.
    Oh, don't you worry, I knew from the start this was going to happen and what my rights were. Thank you for pointing those out to me. You also might want to edit Rule 15 while you're at it. Clearly, it's hardly enforced.

13. Lemme guess, you make the gold up to buy the tokens to play?
    Yep. I don't pay Blizzard a dime :D

14. Yep. I don't pay Blizzard a dime :D
    I always thought you were clever.

15. The reason why we are doing this, as it might be a surprise, is exactly because of World PvP. People get enormous teams and shut down an entire area of the game for hours. We are talking about hundreds of characters. Realistically, multiboxers only do well in Wintergrasp and in the open world. Many get the notion that multiboxers dominate everywhere but the data and statistics show that they don't. The amount of complaints we receive during these hours of slaughter peaks astronomically, but this was never the core issue.

The core issue is that the hardware is getting much much better. It is now possible to run several computers at the same time, with some of those computers having even two processors. This has enabled some players to make 200 character teams and have no issues running this. You might say that this is huge and that most people will not do that. Just as we have seen people slowly increase from 10 to 15, then from 20 to 40 characters, people are also trying this out. With new graphics cards and affordable Threadripper CPUs, we are starting to see more and more people increase the count of their teams exponentially. We have to set a limit somewhere, before this becomes the default multiboxing playstyle.

We took a look at what kind of multiboxing was possible 10 years ago, without running a supercomputer, and we also took a look at most multiboxers' playstyle, character count and what they mostly do and decided based on that.

12311 ... Last