1. All 264 pants are viable, as the sum of crit and haste is the same for all of them (u are not losing overall stats), they are just slightly different in terms of which has more haste/crit that the other stat and their sockets are not entirely good also. The only difference is the armor, which is almost irrelevant for a hpally. Feel free to use whichever pants you can get, especially if you are in the gearing process and you don't want to spend gold in buying any BoE. Whatever you can get first that suits you, you can continue to use it.

Sometimes I have feeling that besides 4 other healers in icc25, nobody is actually healing tank or anything. It's more like I'm alone on both tanks and the whole group... So what happens? Sometimes tanks lose 80% of their health and then when I cast my holy light, it goes for too long and bum he dies... It has 1.4 seconds cast right now (with the proc). So I either must use fast flash of heals + <the quick heal thing> and pray to god he survives.

Also I have around 33-35k mana and they said 40k+ is somewhere at bis.

Until you get better gear, try to focus on pre-casting/pre-healing the incoming damage, especially for the important abilities such as Soul Reaper or any heavy AOE damage ability (infest), so you can make up for that lack of haste.

2. June 4, 2021  

3. Is Sanctified Lightsworn Faceguard a mistake? Shouldn 't you get Sanctified Lightsworn Headpiece?

4. Is Sanctified Lightsworn Faceguard a mistake? Shouldn 't you get Sanctified Lightsworn Headpiece?
    Yeah indeed, fixed it now. All the set helms from paladin have pretty similar name and IDs so it slipped by :).

5. No worries. This guide is really good for noobs and first time WoW players like myself, thank you

6. May 11, 2022  

Notes
    !! The purpose of this guide is to help the community. These where my ideas and opinions on how to play a holy paladin. Should you have any questions or feedback, you can leave them on the comments below and I will do my best to answer them.

If you happened to find this guide useful, feel free to check out my other guides as well. Or if you want to be always up to date with my latest findings, visit me on my other social platforms:

Weakauras Guide – A guide for the best addon in the game.
    Armory Link – My main's armory.
    YouTube – Healing challenges and video kills.
    Twitch – Sometimes I stream too.
    After looking at this, and at least 2-3 other conflicting guides (none were in complete alignment and that is the first time I've ever seen this for any spec in WoW), I finally stumbled upon this, https://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/Pre-...29#Professions which i found most useful of the lot, coupled it with my playstyle/personal experience, and what I had disseminated from various comments regarding the guides, and adopted my own build (51/5/14). This is also based on resignation to the idea that we DO use Judgement of Light or Wisdom when it can be afforded. Obviously, don't sacrifice a critical tank heal but if you're clear to do so, use Judgement on CD. Afterall, if we didn't use Judgement then what on earth are we doing putting points into Judgements of the Pure?

Spiritual Focus: 5
    Healing Light: 3
    Divine Intellect: 5
    Aura Mastery: 1
    Illumination:5
    Improved Lay on Hands: 2
    Improved Concentration Aura: 1
    Divine Favor: 1
    Sanctified Light: 3
    Holy Power: 5
    Light's Grace:3
    Holy Shock: 1
    Infusion of Light: 2
    Holy Guidance: 5
    Divine Illumination: 1
    Judgements of the Pure: 5
    Enlightened Judgements: 2
    Beacon of Light: 1

Divinity: 5

Benediction: 5
    Improved Judgements: 2
    Heart of the Crusader: 3
    Conviction: 4

7. You are missing out on a very important CD in your build, which is divine sacrifice, the biggest raid CD in the game. DS and aura mastery are the only 2 defensive raid cds in the game, that helps you reduce the dmg you take, with DS being the more potent one as it reduces all types of dmg, while AM reduces only the type of dmg the aura has been activated on.

The crit build is good for Valithria let's say, but other than that, you should always want to have divine sacrifice.

8. Seems they fixed arcane torrent thing. I just tried that out with some mobs under dalaran and got 0 stacks.

9. After looking at this, and at least 2-3 other conflicting guides (none were in complete alignment and that is the first time I've ever seen this for any spec in WoW), I finally stumbled upon this, https://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/Pre-...29#Professions which i found most useful of the lot, coupled it with my playstyle/personal experience, and what I had disseminated from various comments regarding the guides, and adopted my own build (51/5/14). This is also based on resignation to the idea that we DO use Judgement of Light or Wisdom when it can be afforded. Obviously, don't sacrifice a critical tank heal but if you're clear to do so, use Judgement on CD. Afterall, if we didn't use Judgement then what on earth are we doing putting points into Judgements of the Pure?

Spiritual Focus: 5
    Healing Light: 3
    Divine Intellect: 5
    Aura Mastery: 1
    Illumination:5
    Improved Lay on Hands: 2
    Improved Concentration Aura: 1
    Divine Favor: 1
    Sanctified Light: 3
    Holy Power: 5
    Light's Grace:3
    Holy Shock: 1
    Infusion of Light: 2
    Holy Guidance: 5
    Divine Illumination: 1
    Judgements of the Pure: 5
    Enlightened Judgements: 2
    Beacon of Light: 1

Divinity: 5

Benediction: 5
    Improved Judgements: 2
    Heart of the Crusader: 3
    Conviction: 4
    Once you start getting geared and doing endgame fights you will want Divine Sacrifice over the extra 8% crit. The Cooldown is just too good to miss out on.

10. I might be late to the party and I hope this thread hasn't lost all relevance but I've been wanting to ask a question that I haven't seen brought up anywhere else. Regarding glyphs, is there ANY POINT in time or any scenario where you would rather take Glyph of Seal of Light over Wisdom? I realize it's mostly overheals, but judging from your experience is there any encounter or point in one's gearing journey that they should make that switch? Thanks for the awesome thread and discussion.

11. Both glyphs are pretty insignificant. 5% healing on your HL that already overheals most of the time is kinda eh, but nice early in the gearing process I suppose. The mana reduction from the SoW glyph is only useful if you are incapable of melee auto-attacking something. If you have the ability to right click something and auto it while you're casting, it will more than cover any mana expenditure that the glyph may be taken to address - that seal by itself is very powerful. Once you're geared, honestly, I'd suggest a different glyph. Beacon, HL, Holy Shock and Salvation being ones I'd suggest using.

12. ....Once you're geared, honestly, I'd suggest a different glyph. Beacon, HL, Holy Shock and Salvation being ones I'd suggest using.
    Why would you suggest glyph of Salvation? The damage reduction works only on self cast. As a holy paladin that makes it a bad choice.

13. Of all people, I never imagined you'd be the one I'd need to explain that to.

14. Of all people, I never imagined you'd be the one I'd need to explain that to.
    Condescending tone aside, you wouldn't just be explaining it to me. Others also read the thread. But since you seem to regard me with some amount of knowledge (based on the reply), I see the glyph as bad for a holy paladin.

1) It works only when cast on self which you're unlikely to do as highly geared damage dealers would prefer salvations and you're never getting threat due to how healing threat generation works.
    2) If you actually need damage reduction you have at least 4 other options already. Divine Protection, Hand of Protection and Divine Shield which all share forbearance and a 30s penalty use after wings with HoP not reducing magic damage as well as Divine Guardian.
    3) For this glyph to even have a use you need to be taking substantial damage on the regular which just doesn't happen in raids as you and literally everyone raiding is very much aware.

Compared to glyph of salvation, the other two mandatory glyphs give us our only AoE heal (extra throughput) and increase our duration of beacon (fewer GCDs spent and more mana efficiency). I am beyond perplexed why you'd dismiss SoW/SoL glyphs as being insignificant when they offer mana efficiency (SoW) and extra throughput (SoL) similarly to the other two, good glyphs.

15. Condescending? Then I regard you with some sort of knowledge? You should make up your mind. You can't have both.

1. Yep, I know, and I figured that you would also know that I know this.
    2. That's true, but I don't think it should exclude the option. In some raid environments, it could be useful.
    3. Not necessarily, this and other cds can be useful for saving you from stupid.

That all said, the glyph is fairly insignificant as a whole, as is nearly other glyph option. I was just thinking of glyph options that *might* see some use, depending on the state of the raid group they are attending. Is it a huge deal to suggest such a thing? I didn't think so, but evidently not everyone agrees.
    Edited: February 28, 2023

First ... 3456 Last