1. AH Prices???

Hello! I'm new and still getting the hang of the economy so I'm just trying to learn/understand.

Everything seems priced kinda high. 500g plus for lvl 42 greens? Is there something I should know?

Thanks in advance. Have an awesome day!

2. Prices are fine for lvl 80 stuff, its mostly low lvl stuff that has stupid prices on them because people expect new players to buy these low lvl items they cant even afford.

3. That stuff usually is posted by new players, some of them don't know the values or expect "free gold".

4. That stuff usually is posted by new players, some of them don't know the values or expect "free gold".
    I don't think it's new players that are doing it. There are several pages of items listed by same guys, and all the items are roughly same price e.g. 542g

Suppose the idea is: a new guy gets coins, gets gold, starts to level and is forced to use AH on occasion, to keep their gear relevant. Pro tip to counter this: crafted items are relatively cheap, and will do the trick. If you are cheap, or having hard time with gold, do quests (even greens/gray difficulty) for their rewards, not just for the exp.

5. Yes i agree. This is part of the "elite" of warmane, the warmane illuminati. they keep trying to destroy the ah, raising the prices on everything, from the shadows.
    dont let them fool you, u can always check the price of items on the course of several days.

6. I don't think it's only new players trying to sell low level gear for insane prices. There are many people who spend lots and lots of gold on the auction house while levelling their toons, me included. I'm also selling low level rares every now and then and it works like a charm.

What else are you gonna do with all the gold you made on X characters and by playing the auction house over several months or even years? Granted, theres other, much cheaper ways to obtain solid levelling gear, but it's also kinda convenient to just throw a couple thousand gold at the auction house for gear you'll end up selling 2 hours later, isn't it? ;)

(Selling gold for coins on Warmane trade would be an option if you need any gear or other goodies)
    Edited: October 12, 2020

7. May be transmog be answer here? I mean, someone drops an green item (random world loot), he checks it out, thinks it looks good - so he's trying to sell it for few hundreds of gold on ah.

I never seen any other reasonable reason for it.

8. May be transmog be answer here? I mean, someone drops an green item (random world loot), he checks it out, thinks it looks good - so he's trying to sell it for few hundreds of gold on ah.

I never seen any other reasonable reason for it.
    I thought of this when I made my previous reply, however there are so many items that are ugly/fugly. Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Hello! I'm new and still getting the hang of the economy so I'm just trying to learn/understand.

Everything seems priced kinda high. 500g plus for lvl 42 greens? Is there something I should know?

Thanks in advance. Have an awesome day!
    You should check if its a cool looking weapon or armor. Some of those keep high prices as they are searched from transmoggers for their trasmogs.
    Also there are plenty alternatives, pick up a profession and build up your own gear, or pick up some gathering profession and just make the money for the gear you want.

You got to understand that the realm is like 4-5+ years old. You cannot expect in such terms and conditions the AH to very newb friendly.
    Joining some casual leveling guild could prove to be helpful too. My guild for example has a lot of crafters has a lot of people doing low content either for achievements or just to help some new lowbie.