1. 100% GPU usage in Login Screen

Hello volks,

im having an issue with my new PC and WOTLK Client, maybe one of you has the same problem. Performance overall is fine, but i get 100% GPU usage during the Login Screen, and a pretty high one in Char selection which causes my Fans to go loud at 100% (during normal gameplay i cant hear them).
    Main problem is that im afraid that im afk sometime and get disconnected and my PC is running over long time with the 100% usage

Graphics card is the AMD XFX RX 5700XT Thicc III ultra, all drivers are up2date.

2. Well I'd suggest not staring at the log in screen for too long then.
    Enable vsync and it should stop that.

3. If you have enabled vsync and it keeps happening, run task manager again and check if there's a process called "sysmain" running that's taking your CPU power instead of wow.exe. If that's the case... either disable it by following some tutorial on the internet or wait until wow.exe is optimized after running it a few times. You can also run wow with windows XP compatibility and even reduced color to 16bit if it keeps giving problems.

The main problem we face today with the modern computers is that the OS (windows 7/10) conflicts with the executables, it has nothing to do with your hardware performance.

4. Wotlk client is old and not optimized for performance (modern gpu / games are programmed to reduce load )
    if you have windows 10 you can go in settings and change min max cpu usage, like down to 50% for example.

5. It happens because login screen and character selection screen has no FPS limit. It has nothing to do with optimization. It draws as many frames as it can (hundreds of frames per second, maybe over a thousand), which results in 100% GPU usage and vsync fixes it by limiting FPS to the monitors refresh rate.