1. Why are only gmail accounts allowed?

I feel like this is a weird limitation to put, especially when a lot of people don't use gmail as their email provider of choice.
    Could you please support more privacy oriented mail services like Protonmail as well?
    Or even better, remove this absolutely insane requirement for everyone to only use a single mail service?

EDIT: I thought it might be because you are using gmail as a back-end to send your own emails through SMTP with your domain, so I checked and that is not the case. Which leaves me even more confused than before since they are hosted through Vultr, which means that this rule is absolutely arbitrary and serves no practical purpose.
    Edited: October 16, 2020

2. They used to allow more providers, but I think the main reason was that its more reliable when it comes to 2fa emails.

3. They used to allow more providers, but I think the main reason was that its more reliable wehen it comes to 2fa emails.
    Thats not really even a good reason though, since using emails for 2FA (while better than nothing) is not considered secure.
    Since 2FA is supposed to be 2 factors of: 1. Something you know (password) and 2. Something you have (OTP generator).
    Either way, using only a single mail service shouldn't change how reliable it is, since that isn't how email works...
    If it wasn't being sent to some mail providers, or if it was arriving late then that means that they were either A) failing a DKIM, SPF, or DMARC check or B) have their routes misconfigured.

4. The main issue was them getting caught in spam filters / getting deleted and there were loads of people moaning about it. So hence this happened. Tbf i think it's fair as it did solve the issue.
    Don't think it's too much to ask to make an email account elsewhere.

5. In my opinion it's the best choice. How about if someone is really worried about their privacy or doesn't like Google? I'm a person who uses DuckDuckGo and seeing such requirement is ridiculous for me. I have to make up plenty of info and use VPN if I want to keep my privacy on my Linux... That's why I prefer to use protonmail over gmail and others.

6. Ok then, stay a neckbeard and play somewhere else.
    Or make a gmail just for spam, use it from a VM only and that's it.
    2FA option in the settings does give you a QR code/secret to scan/enter into your favorite code generator so you it's not that.
    My guess is that they don't want people who tried to scam them for donations creating more accounts with spam mails and outlook allows aliases so you can have 20 addresses arriving to your one inbox = unlimited accounts on one email.

7. In my opinion it's the best choice. How about if someone is really worried about their privacy or doesn't like Google? I'm a person who uses DuckDuckGo and seeing such requirement is ridiculous for me. I have to make up plenty of info and use VPN if I want to keep my privacy on my Linux... That's why I prefer to use protonmail over gmail and others.
    I am in the exactly same position. But I have a GMail account used for spam and unfortunately, since this stupid decision, my Warmane account is bind to mt spam account.
    The majority of people can't even comprehend such a serious threat these companies are, you can see the reply below you. Let's try to raise more awareness :-)

8. The main issue was them getting caught in spam filters / getting deleted and there were loads of people moaning about it. So hence this happened. Tbf i think it's fair as it did solve the issue.
    Don't think it's too much to ask to make an email account elsewhere.
    If thats the case that my assumption A was correct, they are failing DKIM, SPF, or DMARC check. Which is absolutely just a configuration issue on Warmanes end.

Ok then, stay a neckbeard and play somewhere else. [...]
    Who hurt you?

[...] Or make a gmail just for spam, use it from a VM only and that's it.
    2FA option in the settings does give you a QR code/secret to scan/enter into your favorite code generator so you it's not that.
    My guess is that they don't want people who tried to scam them for donations creating more accounts with spam mails and outlook allows aliases so you can have 20 addresses arriving to your one inbox = unlimited accounts on one email.
    Yeah, that is real 2FA. But if the entire reason was to support a less secure method of (not really) 2FA then I still think its not a good solution. As for the spam, thats also irreverent since you can make as many gmail accounts as you want and have them all forward their emails to one inbox. So your "solution" to that is just incorrect.

It looks like I'm not even the only one with the same concern here, as there are others asking for the exact same thing. This arbitrary rule does nothing but hurt people who want to play.

9. people using other providers were always having issues receiving emails from warmane, gmail never had that problem so they made it a requirement. if you can't be bothered taking the time to make a gmail then go play somewhere else.

you could of found an official answer had you read the FAQ section.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325532

"Help! I'm not receiving the email containing the code, so I can't turn on email 2 step auth
    - We only officially support @gmail.com email addresses, as these have 100% success rate for delivery
    - If you are not using a gmail email, consider changing your email to gmail via the account settings page
    - Email providers other than gmail have less than 30% delivery rate due to blacklists, spam reports and other things"
    Edited: October 16, 2020

10. Ye, and when you receive this email, there is only a really small amount of time to put it into the insert column or you receive the next email with the new code. So if you don't get emails, you can't log in.

11. I am in the exactly same position. But I have a GMail account used for spam and unfortunately, since this stupid decision, my Warmane account is bind to mt spam account.
    The majority of people can't even comprehend such a serious threat these companies are, you can see the reply below you. Let's try to raise more awareness :-)
    I am sorry but most people can get informed what they are sharing and how those big companies are threatening them. TERMS OF SERVICE - HELLO.
    Its like people saying they didn't know what application require on their phones, when before you install application you can pretty much see it wants rights to all.