1. Blood DK PvP by Nathrezul-Blackrock

1. DISCLAIMER

Spoiler: Show
    This guide contains specific playstyle against specific enemy comps with a protection warrior as a partner. My Ranked Team

This guide and the playstyle it presents is not compatibile with a healer as a partner, altho it will contain small changes at the end of the topic, if you prefer that playstyle. But remember that I can only recommend playing with a 2 DPS combo, since I havent achieved 1800 with a healer (didn't tried, I hate long games).

This guide is contains experience about two years of playing BDK on Blackrock, starting with Oathbinder since you cant just go to ICC and grab your Shadowmourne after three months. 30€ worth it. Also I cant imagine what guild would give Bauble of True Blood to a DK (it was useful against mages, trust me). For these reasons I played on Blackrock and not on ICC. (altho I have geared DK tank and heal Priest in ICC).

Please spare me of your comments about how Unholy is superior and how Blood is good only for BG/duels. It is not. If you enjoy playing Blood, you can achieve success altho it will never be easy one. Not as easy as bein mainstream holy/arms combo. Just look at the TOP 50 ladder of 2v2. Its simply disgusting. But if you like it, play it.

2. TALENTS, GLYPHS

MUST-HAVE talents, Optional talents

In 2 DPS comp, I recommend you these talents which balances your damage & healing output, immunity and survivablility.

TIER 1:
    ***Subversion: +9%CRIT
    Butchery vs. Blade Barrier: If you lack Runic Power for DRW, Healing through Lichborne, getting it dumped by Runic Strikes then I recommend you using Butchery (since you lack 4set bonus from pvp set generating 15 RP after bein snared)

TIER 2:
    ***Bladed Armor: +Attack Power
    ***Two Handed: +4% Total Damage
    ***Scent of Blood 1/3 or 2/3: extremly important for runic generation, if you lack even 1 talent, you cant spam Rune Strikes and cant use DRW as opener. Actually you will suffer against many melee classes that you wont be able to gather 60 Runic Power for DRW without not spending it on Rune Strikes, which is a loss of valuable 5k OFF GLOBAL CD CRITS

TIER 3:
    ***Dark Conviction: +5% CRIT
    ***Death Rune Mastery: Changes your burst rotation into 4-6 Heart Strikes. Even more OP with Sudden Doom
    ***Rune Tap: heals10% of your total health.

TIER 4:
    ***Improved Rune tap: Heals 20% of your Health every 30 seconds. Good for timing it with Vampiric Blood.
    *Spell Deflection: Maybe a decent direct-spell defense talent, but you dont have any talents left.
    * Vendetta: Waste of your talents for a small heal.

TIER 5:
    ***Mark of Blood: Heals 80% of your or partners total health. OP vs DoTs and fast attackers.
    ***Veteran of the Third War: Strength. Stamina. Expertise.
    ***Bloody Strikes: +45% to Hearth Strike

TIER 6:
    ***Bloody Vengence: +9% damage increase.
    ***Abomination's Might: +10% AP buff, +2% Strength.

TIER 7:
    ***Hysteria: 20% bonus physical damage fopr cost of 30% of your health. I always use it tho its probably not that much wise.
    *Improved Blood Presence: Useless healing from all presences. You dont use Blood Presence that much anyway. Stay in UH or Frost.
    * Blood Worms: Useless healing and useless damage.

TIER 8:
    ***Improved Death Strike: +50% more healing and bonus damage. Perfect.
    ***Vampiric Blood: You go down, you pop this before using other healing spells. Death Strikes heal +40% more effectively.
    *** Sudden Doom: RNG source of spell damage. In average, it increases your damage of HS by around 10%. To get this talent you must make sacrifices.

TIER 9:
    ***Might of Mograine: +45% Crit Damage
    ***Heart Strike: Your bread and butter and main damage ability.
    *Will of the Necropolis: +15% Damage reduction when below 35% Health. Amazing talent in its concept, but you dont have enough talents for it. Let it be

TIER 10:
    ***Blood Gorged: +10% flat ARP, +10% Damage when above 75% of your total health. For this reason Will of the Necropolis is a rather ungrateful talent since you want to stay at 80-90% of your health for the whole combat. You sacrifice your health only for bursting enemy healer with Empower Rune Weapon + Heart Strike spam and then quickly regain it with Vampiric Blood, Mark, Rune Tap or Death pact. (Lichborne healing should be used as a last stand because you waste 3-5 global CD for it, not making it too much viable durning burst).

TIER 11:
    ***Dancing Rune Weapon: This ability is not bugged. For 12-17 seconds, you summon your weapon dealing 1-2k damage every two seconds, your basic strikes deal 50% aditional damage that can crit, and applying Diseases multiplies them for the duration of DRW. What this means, is with having 4 Diseases on your main targrget, you can heal yourself for 30% of your total health with each Death Strike.

TIER 1:
    ***Improved Icy Touch: -6% attack speed + 15% damage on Icy Touch
    ***Runic Power Mastery: Bigger runic power pool, more heals with Lichborne
    ***Toughness: Armor, damage and slow reduction. Very viable.

TIER 2:
    ***Icy Reach: Chains of ice +10yards reach - that means you can get your anti-magic shell from afar, increasing your chances against mages.
    ***Black Ice: Viable 10% shadow/frost damage increase in Sudden Doom build.

TIER 3:
    ***Icy Talons: Attack speec increase (up to 16% at max)
    ***Lichborne: CC imunnity (fear, charm), sap and poly prevention. Last stand healing with Coils.

TIER 4:
    ***Chill of the Grave: THE MOST underrated talent. Makes your Anti-magic shell and Icebound fortitude an instant spells, which you can use from afar. This way, always try to rush to mages and use Chains of Ice + shell at max distance. They will automatically freeze you but you will be immune, since one Chains now generate 20 RP, not 15. Same with fighting stuns from rogue.
    ***Endless Winter: Strength + free kick. You probably want tleast 1/2 but 2/2 is always smoother.

*Disclaimer for Unholy Blight and Unholy talents. Some of you might think this talent is necessary. It might be, when you play with a healer. But believe me that with 2 DPS combo - you don't care about your Diseases getting dispelled. Each time Enemy healer dispels a DoT, he wastes a Global CD which could be used on instant heal or other defensive CD. And if you fight against pally, well tough luck, he will always counter you.

These talents are a simple example of sudden doom build.

3. GEAR, STAT PRIORITY, GEMS & ENCHANTS

4. MACROS

Im gonna be honest with you. All my keybinds are macros, I don't have a single spell, that does not have modifiers, castsequencies and etc.

Crucial. You don't wanna target pets, mirror images (fk you mages), totems or other mobs. What you wanna do, is kill the hunter that uses shadowmeld and shaman beside his other 6 nametags.
    (This macro has a weakness - cleansing totem cannot be targeted with this and cannot be autotargetted with any other command macro. Maybe some kind of script would be great, but I dont know any such things.)

/targetenemyplayer

#1keybind. Ctrl is Oh-**** mark of blood button.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Blood Tap
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Mark of Blood
    /cast Heart Strike
    /cast Rune Strike

#2keybind. Applies DoT and Hysteria
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Plague Strike
    /cast Death Strike
    /cast [combat; target=Player] Hysteria
    /cast Rune Strike

#3keybind. When you need to switch presences, do it smart.
    #showtooltip Death Coil
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Frost Presence
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Unholy Presence
    /cast Death Coil

#4keybind. I dont use Icy Touch that much, except for executing hunters >:D
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Icy Touch
    /cast Chains of Ice
    /cast Anti-Magic Shell

#5keybind. For when you need to burst, you burst. And you always open with burst. Always.
    You spend your runes, you pop this after like 3 seconds in combat. IT & PS is optional, for secondary DoTs (you can have 4 dots, ghoul and DRW on enemy)

#showtooltip Dancing Rune Weapon
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Blood Presence
    /castsequence reset=80 Dancing Rune Weapon, Icy Touch, Plague Strike
    /cast Empower Rune Weapon

#Q-keybind. Basic pestilence, but with a Oh-**** twist.
    #showtooltip Pestilence
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Blood Tap
    /cast Pestilence

#F-keybind. Spawn it, heal it, mark it, click it.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Mark of Blood
    /castsequence reset=60 Raise Dead, Death Pact

#G-keybind. Spam this as an opener on a priest with a rogue. Rogue will open you with a stun probably and that will fail hard. If the rogue is smart, he will open you with gouge. Yes. Gouge.
    #showtooltip
    /cast Chains of Ice
    /cast Icebound Fortitude

#C-keybind. Use it before mounting if you expect a sap. Use it before polymorph.
    #showtooltip
    /cast Lichborne
    /cast [target=player] Death Coil

#X-keybind. You health anit what it used to be? Take it back. 13 is trinket - Bauble
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl, target=player] 13
    /castsequence reset=50 Vampiric Blood, Rune Tap, Rune Tap
    /use Heavy Frostweave Bandage

#Y-keybind. Horn + Bauble on your best friend
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl, target=Cirnox] 13
    /cast Horn of Winter

#;-keybind. Shadow priests are nasty. Silence em before they silence you. If they get the upperhand, you wont burst them effectively. Always use focus on enemy healer for a quick interrupt
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Strangulate
    /cast [target=focus, harm] Death Grip; Death Grip

#T-keybind. Use that focus!
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus, harm] Strangulate; Strangulate

#mouse-4-keybind. If you get scared in a fight against rogue... use this quickly.
    #showtooltip
    /cast Every Man for Himself(Racial)
    /castsequence reset=20 Chains of Ice, Icebound Fortitude

5. PLAYSTYLE

Edited: July 4, 2022