1. Force people to read the rules before joining.

This is a serious problem. Alot of people come here, expecting, instead of notifying themselves. Perhaps during the sign up process, you can route them to the rules section? I understand they will just click away and agree, but at least give them the opportunity to actually inform themselves unwillfully. It's embarrassing to speak to someone who is assured that something is bannable and I will be gone tomorrow.

2. This would be nice to see. The amount of new people making up rules and presenting them as facts is massive. If I have to tell another jackass that ganking lowbies isn't bannable despite what his opinion is I'll go mad.

3. This would be nice to see. The amount of new people making up rules and presenting them as facts is massive. If I have to tell another jackass that ganking lowbies isn't bannable despite what his opinion is I'll go mad.
    Agreed one hundred percent.

4. This would be nice to see. The amount of new people making up rules and presenting them as facts is massive. If I have to tell another jackass that ganking lowbies isn't bannable despite what his opinion is I'll go mad.
    Not to mention how many threads there are against multiboxing, server pop increase (this seems to have died down, or the topics are deleted at record pace) suggestions, make a new PvE server -suggestions, "harassment" (as well as gank) when a player can't right click and ignore and leave the area or log out, not to mention ninja reports here and there..

It would be great if there were a notice, something sort of

Top 5 quick rules you should be aware of:
    1. Player Reporting - Forum isn't the place to report players, you can read about reporting players here.
    2. A New Realm - We will not be creating new realms at this time. This includes PvE realms, more realms to reduce the amount of queues, or new realms to support new or old expansion packs. This rule also pertains to suggestions to changing existing realm statuses (such as changing them to PvE type or their rates).
    3. Increase/Decrease Realm Population Cap - Our realm caps are set at a specific number, optimized for their current capability of maintaining stability. We will adjust these as needed on our own. Suggestions regarding this are not necessary.
    4. Multiboxing - Our policies regarding multiboxing aren't up to discussion. If we decide to change them, we will do so of our own accord. We are more than aware of any and all arguments you might want to make about it."
    5. Ban Appeals - Bans can be appealed via the support system here. Bans originated from Sentinel Anti-cheat cannot be appealed.

We'd like you to check out our Rules for Game and Forums before posting. Please have a glance at our sub-forum rules as well before making a new thread. This way we all can have more pleasant experience here at Warmane forums!

5. We had that option years ago. People would be forced to spend 2 minutes in the rules section after being infracted to be able to post anything. Unfortunately .php sucks and hasn't had a good update for a long while.

6. We had that option years ago. People would be forced to spend 2 minutes in the rules section after being infracted to be able to post anything. Unfortunately .php sucks and hasn't had a good update for a long while.
    Have some form of checkbox that indicates that a person has "read" the rules and guidelines when activating their account.
    But I think having what Winryi suggested to pop up when they activate their account to be a really good oprion.
    Showcasing a set of 3-5 of the most common rules/question that people ask about with a link to the entire rulebook.
    Something else that could be nice would be to have some admin messages broadcasted to your chat about the most common rules similar to how other stuff is being broadcasted such as "donating and be rewarded with coins to spend in-game"

Sure people are just going to claim to have read it and click their way trough but atleast with something like this its right in their face.
    Right now I hardly think the rules are being read by anyone because they are not showcased/displayed on something that a majority of players would see.
    The people who use/read the forums are a extreme minority

7. We had that option years ago. People would be forced to spend 2 minutes in the rules section after being infracted to be able to post anything. Unfortunately .php sucks and hasn't had a good update for a long while.
    What about increasing the font or/and the colour of the forum sections regarding the server rules, so that they become more clickbait-y? Something like this:

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS

[edit] Maybe there could be an ingame message, that directs players to the forums, so that they could inform themselves about the ingame rules.
    Edited: October 19, 2020

8. What would be nice and some forums already do this: when you are writing the title for the new thread, have a search running in the background or a pop-up when they hit "Submit New Topic" that suggests other similar threads. This way they'll stumble upon them before posting it and they'll realize it's already been asked a hundred times.