1. Blizzard, what it was, and what it has become.

Is Blizzard the worst videogame company in existence atm? Am I the only one that has sworn to never buy any of their products again? What are your oppinions on the once good Blizzard and Blizzard north, now re-branded as "cash in at any costs and run" Activision-Blizzard?

2. My opinion is they were never good, much less original. They were the Apple of videogames, simply stealing and rebranding ideas from others, lucking out and riding on success, never considering that could only take them so far.

3. My opinion is they were never good, much less original. They were the Apple of videogames, simply stealing and rebranding ideas from others, lucking out and riding on success, never considering that could only take them so far.
    This. When I first saw this game, I thought it was some cheap crap garbage simulation of some dungeon and dragons world. That opinion hasn't changed.

4. This. When I first saw this game, I thought it was some cheap crap garbage simulation of some dungeon and dragons world. That opinion hasn't changed.
    "The theme of D&D was influenced by mythology, pulp fiction, and contemporary fantasy authors of the 1960s and 1970s. The presence of halflings, elves, dwarves, half-elves, orcs, rangers and the like often draw comparisons to the work of J. R. R. Tolkien."

B copies A, C copies B, D copies C, E copies D.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/List_of_po...es_in_Warcraft

I'm not swearing I'd never buy from Blizzard, but I don't see myself swearing to buy from them either. Doubt I'll ever return to retail WoW, I'd need some heavy swaying to make my return.
    Edited: October 21, 2020

5. "Influenced by," "inspired by," based on," "references that" aren't the same as "copied, because the last thing close to original they could come up with was The Lost Vikings."

6. Of course all Blizzard games have always been the copy of the copy of the copy. The lost vikings and Diablo I and II are the last "original" videogames they made.

But is this the only reason on why Blizzard is in absolute decadence?

7. I don't see them as being in decadence. They are the same, just their lack of inovation is finally being seen even by the most rabid fanboys.

8. I don't see them as being in decadence. They are the same, just their lack of inovation is finally being seen even by the most rabid fanboys.
    They are decadent. The blitzchung controversy followed by their double standards when it comes to use politics in marketing campaigns has shown that Blizzard is a decadent and corrupt company. Fanboys... some are a lost cause. I still chuckle when someone tells me that the lore in wow is good. They try to make very eloquent explanations, except when you mention the movie, or point out all the flaws and the nonsense, or the multiple ex machina; Then they become like pic related:

Spoiler: Show

How could a plot that only works to put you in context in a videogame, in order to make you believe that what you're doing has any purpose, be taken serious to make a movie out of it. I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen some scenes on youtube, and honestly it's beyond cringe. Feels like some actors are taken from the Blizzcon and told to just act "naturally".

9. They must be doing something right, because now when I scope out new MMOs, they're never re-inventing the wheel. Everything I see is some bastardization of WoW. I played UO first, DAoC after that and then eventually moved to WoW. Their game was unique enough to me. And by the end of TBC/beginning of Wrath, every new MMO that popped up has ripped off Blizz mechanics down to the letter.

Having said that, I stopped playing in Cata. Terrible expansion. Then when I heard about, and got information about, the panda expac I said "oh hell no" and unsubbed, never to go back.

10. Bioware under EA's gone down the drain harder than anyone, so I really doubt anyone can suck harder than them atm. For some weird reason I have a bad feeling about Obsidian as well. And I really hope that Cyberpunk doesn't turn out to be crap. So yeah, I am not really an optimist when it comes to the VG industry.

11. If anything I find that I get quite bored of Blizzard games in a week or two such as Overwatch and Diablo 3, just not much reason to come back.

12. I think WoW initially was a technical masterpiece. It went down hill after Cataclysm released. I leveled 1 of my characters to cap then called it quits.

13. Bioware under EA's gone down the drain harder than anyone, so I really doubt anyone can suck harder than them atm. For some weird reason I have a bad feeling about Obsidian as well. And I really hope that Cyberpunk doesn't turn out to be crap. So yeah, I am not really an optimist when it comes to the VG industry.
    I have no idea how did youj make the connection WOW>BIOWARE>OBSIDIAN>CYBERPUNK

14. I have no idea how did youj make the connection WOW>BIOWARE>OBSIDIAN>CYBERPUNK
    It really only takes reading the last line to understand his point.

15. VG Industry as in Video Game Industry?
    And honestly I still dont see connection because all of those (except Bioware, correct me if wrong) is under the umbrella of Microsoft and not Activision.
    As much as I hate Microsoft I think Activision is way worse when it comes to the games they produced in the past decade.

12 Last