1. Skada Revisited

Greetings everyone! I hope you're all doing great.

I am a huge fan of Skada and prefer it to Recount, it is a personal preference so don't blame me please.

I have recently checked its code and how it is working and tried to do as many modifications as possible without touching the idea behind it and how it works. Thus, I made it just like recount, an All-in-One addon with lots of modifications done to it.

To be honest, I have modified so many things that I really cannot mention them all, because some are tiny and others I forgot. But let me try to mention as many as possible.

Core Modifications
    Spoiler: Show
    • No more several addons aka modules to enable or disable, everything is within a single addon.
    • Data collection was tweaked in a way to save memory and to avoid double writting but instead single time writting and each module manipulates the data the way it needs to present it.
    • Added windows buttons just like recount: Reset, Segments, Modes and Report.
    • Added the possibility to scroll holding the mouse wheel or by key binding up and down scrolling.
    • Tooltip have 4 extra position: Bottom Right, Bottom Left, Follow Cursor or Smart.
    • Lots of options were added to General Options, take a look at it to find out more.

Modules Modifications
    • Added class, spec and role icons to bars.
    • Hovering spells or items now shows their tooltips.
    • Modules were hugely modified, others were added in order to show more details, make sure to explore them one by one to get familair with them.

>> Repo - DownLoad - Discord (ALT) <<

Notes:
    • Finding errors or bugs is normal and is the only way to improve the addon. So please, if you find some, report them to me by DMs, here as posts or join this addon's Discord Server.
    • Because of the some modules data structure change, it is adviced to wipe old Skada data (reset) and do a single reload just in case.

Changelog
    2021-07-06
    • Fully functional Absorbs module.
    • Buffs tracker enhanced..
    • Lots of fixes and tweaks, check more on GitHub.

Changelog
    2021-06-18
    • 4 months of constant developing and improving since I last posted the changelog.
    • The changelog is so long that if you want to check it please refer to Github commits.
    • The most important recent changes are fixing Activity Time which now gives more accurate DPS & HPS than other addons, as well as fixing Pets Damage.

2021-02-17
    • Fixed GetSetTime bug where it was returning 0 during a fight, thus falsing some values (dps, hps ...etc).
    • Fixed themes module and added an option to copy settings from another window.
    • Fixed the problem where resizing a window breaks its snapping with others.
    • Fixed ElvUI_AddOnSkins position.
    • Fixed the problem with the last bar now showing after modifying the window behavior.
    • Spamage module enhanced and catches more addons (Skada, Recount, Details, alDamage, TinyDPS..)
    • Added an two new modules: "Healing received" and "Nicknames". The latter allows you to share your nickname with other Skada users (i.e: Set the nickname as your main character and others using Skada can display it however they want).
    • Added a synchronization function that allows sync for modules that implement it.
    • Tanks fails are now ignored and not listed if the player is a tank.
    • Delaying combat end by 1sec (just like Details!) to give modules enough time to finish their execution.
    • Buffs and Debuffs modules now adjust their uptime if it's ruined (sometimes +1sec of the segment time).
    • Power gained module now stores the spells by name rather than IDs to avoid duplicates (i.e: rapture can appear twice because both raptures have different IDs).

2021-02-02
    • Windows height now includes the title bar height, thus, no overlapping on snap.
    • Added an option to toggle window snapping.
    • Snapped windows will move with parent even if they are locked.
    • Once a window is snapped to another, it will copy its width if it's on top or at bottom, or it copies both window height and bars height if snapped to the sides.
    • Added double resize options: left & right, this means windows can be resized either to the left or to the right.

2021-02-01
    • Several performance tweaks and improvements were made.
    • Removed specs and roles from the Threat module because they bug sometimes.
    • Added the Snap features. You can now dock windows and they will automatically take same width and height depending on the anchor.
    • Added the Stretch feature. By holding down the Middle Mouse button or the ALT and drag the title bar up, the window will stretch as much as you want to reveal all the other bars. Releasing buttons restores the window default state.

2021-01-10
    • Added both ruRU and esMX (help me fix/finish them if you can).
    • Added Potions module that tracks both pre-poting and potions used during combat.
    • Added support for ElvUI by providing a separate folder: ElvUI_AddOnSkins
    • Several tweaks done to Resurrect, Dispels, Interrupts and Failbot modules.
    • Added the possibility to use Translit (to replace russian letters), to shorten menus and to turn off memory check.
    • Fixed Icecrown Gunship Battle segment and added it to the Improvement module.
    • Added custom events that can be used by modules to hook/do stuff: ENCOUNTER_START and ENCOUNTER_END.

2020-11-23
    • Damage module changed and now stores the overkill, used by the new module called Useful damage that removes overkill from consideration.
    • Icecrown Gunship Battle, Blood Prince Council and Valithrida Dreamwalker segments will use the boss names instead of the mobs or sub-bosses.
    • Failbot was fixed. Clicking on the player shows his/her fails. Clicking on the fail shows the player that failed.
    • Added extra font "Hooger"
    • Moved from AceTimer-3.0 to C_Timer
    • Fixed Absorbs module causing lua error : "Invalid order function for sorting"
    • Fixed GetPlayerInfoByGUID issue (lua tail call).

2020-11-18
    • Added some useful damage and adds overkill. This concept was used by Invisus guild (I was told), so I implemented it and it contains: Lady Deathwhisper Adds damage, Professor Putricide Oozes damage, Halion and Inferno damage, The Lich King Useful targets damage, Valkyrs overkilling and Princes overkilling for BPC

2020-11-16
    • Rewrite of the Absorbs module and fixed a bug that was not intentional (forgotten debug line)
    • Fixed Sunder Armor counter.
    • Fixed the problem where pet's melee takes over owners melee (visually only).
    • Threat module updated to follow the same degisn idea.
    • Increased the amount of sets to keep from 30 to 99.

2020-11-11
    • Added specialization icons; you can choose to display class, role, spec or no icon.
    • Enemies: Enemy damage taken and Emeny damage done were completely rewritten and are now using both Damage and Damage taken (required) to display the data, instead of writting their own.
    • Separated Activity and Deaths modules.
    • Auras module (Buffs and Debuffs) was fixed and it now displays proper data. Bonus: Sunder Counter that requires Buffs module to be enabled.
    • Lots of other tiny things were either rewritten and bunch of tests were done to ensure that the addon works properly.
    • Please always reset the addon when you update it.
    • If you find any bugs, as usual, report them here, on Github or anyway you want, I will be glad to fix them.

Edited: July 7, 2021 Reason: changed repo url

2. Please create a repo in Github/Gitlab so we can contribute to the code or issue problems encountered in an organized way.

3. Please create a repo in Github/Gitlab so we can contribute to the code or issue problems encountered in an organized way.
    I will do it ASAP :)

4. I don't know if it's only me, but pet's aren't showing and that kinda sucks. Besides that everything else looks good.

5. I don't know if it's only me, but pet's aren't showing and that kinda sucks. Besides that everything else looks good.
    It's not only you and I just tested it, fixed it and updated the download link ! Thanks a lot for reporting this, I wasn't debugging on a class with a pet.

6. I also realized that the Key bind for scrolling doesn't save when you log out, and yesterday on lady someone mind controled on the raid died, and it doesn't show on the deaths part, it only shows the dmg/healing recieved before the mind control, and when he is mind controlled it doesnt show the dmg recieved, only the timelapse of his death.

7. The death log, by definition, records deaths of "Friendly" units. If I am not mistaken, the moment he "failed" the bite, the guy becomes an "enemy" unit, so you might want to check "Fails" for the bite, and "Enemy damage taken". Not sure though but I hope it makes sense.

8. Details as far as I know is just a backport and it might not be as accurate as Skada is in wotlk.
    The reason why Skada is vastly superior to Recount is that Skada has a faster refresh rate which makes it more accurate compared to Recount.

9. why use any addon over another?

Its all personal preference

10. why use any addon over another?

Its all personal preference
    I mean.. Its been proven time and time again that recount is inferior to Skada.

11. Ohhhh, mister saviour. Thx alot. I was almost ready to beg for meter addon changes.
    Currently using recount with absorb module. But enhaaa.... fire elem ........ =)
    4 major questions:
    1) Is it possible to add row "total" like recount one? (it is pretty usefull, and currently my main reason that i am not using skada)
    2) Is it possible to do mixed bar for dps hps like recoutn one: example 340kk( 8,2kk dps). So we can see both dps and dmg done at same time.
    3) Is it possible to add fire elem damage to shama. Currently fire elem belongs to totem and doesn't appears in meter addons of other players. (mb it is possible to solve it from the side of addon cause warmane stuff is not interested in it, and even announced smth like "we are bussy, we won't do it in nearest future" in some thread few months ago)
    Edited: November 2, 2020 Reason: absorb is fine

12. Ohhhh, mister saviour. Thx alot. I was almost ready to beg for meter addon changes.
    You are welcome! Glad you like it.

1) Is it possible to add row "total" like recount one?
    I already added it on my side, I will update the repo and download link once everything tested!

2) Is it possible to do mixed bar for dps hps like recoutn one
    I didn't understand what you meant but if you are talking about "Columns", you can already choose to display damage+dps, healing+hps. Just check columns settings.

3) Is it possible to add fire elem damage to shama. Currently fire elem belongs to totem and doesn't appears in meter addons of other players.
    Pets are normally included into the player's damage, you will see something like "PetName: Ability". As for fire elemental, I tested it and it was added as a seperate bar, I don't know why but I will check it.

Below are some screenshots of the modifications I am currently doing. Lots of changes were done, to follow the latest version of Skada not available for WoTLK, think of it as backporting recent Skada to 3.3.5

13. My bad, i am pretty unexperienced in skada setting. Found dps+dmg in your last post.
    As for pet. Dunno if it will help, but there is other's ppl suggestion about the problem (more experienced, than me): petdamage belongs to player = Pet+ player, it is fine. When fire elem this is: [fire elem] binded to [totem] that binded to [player]. So basically recount/skada add totem damage, that doesn't do damage by itself, and create another row for fire elem totem as for other player ( there is even "fire elem totem" on your screenshot).

14. I think I found the problem and I fixed it, something like on the screenshot below?

The problem is exactly like you said, Skada track pets summoned and controller by players, when it comes to fire elemental or even earth elemental I think (I don't play shaman), they are are NPCs summoned and controller by NPCs, so the flags are different.
    Edited: November 3, 2020

123 ... Last