1. Stealing Northrend buffs to maximaze damage on ICC is considered exploit?

Me and my guildies been doing ICC 25 for a few months now. We are currently 7/12 - 8/12, but latelly festergut is been a real problem for us, the DPS required is so big and people, sometimes, can keep up the dps.

I've been reaserching some ways to maximize DPS as fire mage. One of them consists on stealing buffs from Dragonblight mobs and getting summoned into ICC. I was going to do it this week, but some guy told me it is considered exploting... Wondering if it is true.

2. It is. I asked the GMs about it in the past and this was their answer:

3. problem is, if that buff is zone restricted then it is a bug if it isnt then it shouldnt be a problem as u asked in that question, because it has timer to fade out, and if u ask me me, you need ot write specific spell and how its working buff duration etc etc etc so for them to know if its a bug / exploit ir its legit

4. problem is, if that buff is zone restricted then it is a bug if it isnt then it shouldnt be a problem as u asked in that question, because it has timer to fade out, and if u ask me me, you need ot write specific spell and how its working buff duration etc etc etc so for them to know if its a bug / exploit ir its legit
    There was an issue with a zone specific spell being abused outside of the zone in the past so they could have assumed it's the same one. I don't know for sure which spell was being abused or what spell is being used now but it could be the same if it's not being removed properly again.

5. i tested that spell and i would say it is hard abuse if guild's want to rush timers on bosses
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=51605/zeal this is a spell and it has 2min duration when u spell steal it, so f u bring 4-6 mages with 20% more haste for 2min duration = 30k+ dps so there should be some restriction about it or even remove from npc till it gets fixed

6. there was sholazar buff abuse but that was zone restricted and some outland dmg bug back in molten era"1 whole main group acc of guild got banned for it for 30days"

7. problem is, if that buff is zone restricted then it is a bug if it isnt then it shouldnt be a problem as u asked in that question, because it has timer to fade out, and if u ask me me, you need ot write specific spell and how its working buff duration etc etc etc so for them to know if its a bug / exploit ir its legit
    I understand your concerns. The thing is, I did a small research before I sent the ticket to the GMs. According to some internet forums, the aforementioned buff got removed when people entered other zones. Since that had occurred in other wotlk pservers, I wanted to ask the GMs and hear their opinion on the matter. As you can see, this isn't intended and thus it is considered a bug abuse.

[edit] This was the site I stumbled upon in the past:

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...lly-large.html

And I'd like to quote two users from it:

advanta said:

Problem is that you can't really do very much with that, like most spellsteal stuff it doesn't zone out.

If you can find a way for the buff to impact some spell, ability or indeed pretty much anything which isn't removed by zoning, you may have a gamebreaker.
    Then crunk001 said:

But this is no exploit.

An exploit would be, if you would be able to carry this buff into other areas and make great use of it. For example into BGs or even RBGS/Arenas.
    As you can see, the buff was intended to be removed once a player left a particular zone. Entering bg/rdfs or getting summoned by a warlock in a raid instance, in order to overcome this obstacle, would be observed as a bug abuse.
    Edited: October 29, 2020

8. well all of that is player's thoughts and dev's should look at spell code and tell if this is bug abuse or just like it should work "meh" and try to fix it "not been enable to spell steal it or if stolen to last 10 sec"

9. well all of that is player's thoughts and dev's should look at spell code and tell if this is bug abuse or just like it should work "meh" and try to fix it "not been enable to spell steal it or if stolen to last 10 sec"
    I linked the other site, in order to make a comparison. You already have warmane's stance on this topic, which is the screenshot I provided above. I made that ticket 8 months ago. If the bug is still in the game, then that's probably due to the fact, that no one brought it to the devs' attention. If you or someone else want to do it, then my advice would be to go to the bugtracker and make a report there.

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker

I don't have a mage, so I can't test this interaction on my own.

10. Instead of searching for ways to improve your dps rotation, you search for exploits that you can abuse. Noice.

11. Instead of searching for ways to improve your dps rotation, you search for exploits that you can abuse. Noice.
    welcome to wotlk a expansion from 2008, where in 2020 u can improve your rotations because in this 12 years we did learn nothing about it :'D

12. I wouldnt call this a exploit at all, if anything its OP being clever about ways to use spellsteal.

13. I wouldnt call this a exploit at all, if anything its OP being clever about ways to use spellsteal.
    The issue isn't connected with the mage ability itself, but rather with the nature of the "Zeal" buff. The explanation why this isn't an example of a clever usage of ingame mechanics is quite simple: according to some forums, the spellstolen buff should expire upon exiting the zone or/and entering instances (i.e. dungeons, raids, battlegrounds). Since this isn't the case in warmane, it is considered a bug and people using - an exploit.

Spoiler: Show
    NO BUG EXPLOITING
    This may take many forms, but all of them are obvious. If you are profiting of any in-game advantage that shouldn't be happening normally, its a bug exploit and the fault for abusing it is yours and whoever is doing it with you. Don't blame the Server, GM's or Developers for it, as it will only get things worse for you. Some examples of bug exploiting:

> Selling boss loot to players from outside of the original raid: Do not invite players to the raid, after the boss has been downed, only to get loot in exchange of anything.
    > PvP in Sanctuary: People shouldn't be able to attack others in Sanctuaries, like Argent Grounds and the entrance of Forge of Souls/Pit of Saron instances. Forcing it through magic is not acceptable.
    > Avoiding the AFK kick mechanism in Battlegrounds: Do not join Battlegrounds if you aren't willing to help others to win. Using bots or anything else to keep you from being kicked by our anti-afk system is not allowed.
    > Exploiting skills: If certain skills/spells can be used in an unusual way to exploit and create an unfair advantage over other players, avoid doing so.
    > Exploiting a boss: Boss X hasn't be officially released but you find a way to fight it with whatever skill you have; Boss Y can't hit you and you can basically solo it due to some odd position;
    > Other smaller Exploits such as:
    - vehicle exploits.
    - leaving BG starter area before it starts.
    - Powerleveling (to bring a low level char to a high level zone to rush its leveling).
    - anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system.
    - The use of bots (which includes fishing bots).
    > Avoiding the debuff: Sitting at the dungeon's door waiting to be kicked because you don't want to do it, forcing people to kick you so you can avoid the debuff is now punishable. Rather wait 30 minutes than a day. Please consider.
    Source: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037

Generally speaking, warmane's wotlk tries to mimic the retail version. If there's an interaction in warmane which didn't occur in retail, it's considered a bug and using it heavily is seen as an exploit. A clever usage of ingame mechanics is imho something else. It's an unconventional interaction, which the original Blizzard game allowed it. Whether the Blizzard game developers saw it coming, is a different topic. For example, I wouldn't consider the following interaction an exploit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ggLGj37qI

While it's true, that players shouldn't be able to solo clear raid bosses, suspending the player's account was wrong due to two reasons. First of all, he utilised the effect of his mage talents as it was described in their respective tooltips and, secondly, there was no clear indication how a player should use the Spellsteal ability or the environment of a raid instance for that matter. Like, if mages can steal buffs from normal mobs and even from bosses (e.g. King Ymiron's Bane) and they are allowed to use those buffs against them, then why was the player punished for for something, that was spellstealable in the first place? Players always try to find ways to get an edge over the bosses. In Classic WoW people are abusing the hell out of the world buffs in raids, which according to some sites were originally planned to help out players during questing. Doing so they don't only make bosses easier than they should be, but I have heard, that they were also ignoring some mechanics. Or how about a Vanilla paladin using a /sit macro, so that they would gain Reckoning stacks? Such interactions, albeit absurd, were left by the original developers and players finding them are good examples of clever mechanic usage. If a developer doesn't approve them and considers them gamebreaking, they should admit that they did mistakes and try to fix them - not blame players for using the tools they were originally given by the game. If the strange interactions can't be fixed quickly, then the moral thing to do is to make a discussion in the forums and warn people, that they shouldn't exploit said interactions, else they would get their accounts banned.

But I digress. My point is, that we don't have that many controversial cases in warmane and the Zeal-Spellsteal interaction is certainly not one of them. Like I've said earlier, the expansions here try to mimic the retail versions and any interaction, which didn't occur there, would be considered unintended and its hefty usage would be seen as bug exploiting. Unlike Blizzard, warmane gave a thorough explanation of this offence and warned players, that any unintended method of getting an advantage in the game would lead to a person's account getting suspended. No exceptions.
    Edited: November 3, 2020

14. Many times even blizzard banned people for spellsteal ''exploits''. I mean it's a clever use of the game. Instead of fixing it they leave it there.