1. Wut? It's the exact opposite. Multiboxers have to pay for many subscription on retail; 14 a month x 20 toons means ~ 3400 usd a year.
    They are not, since WoD. (at least half of boxers)
    Edited: November 5, 2020

2. "We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."

I wonder what multiboxers do with the gold left after purchasing the subscription tokens. Could it be that they hoard it? or perhaps they sell it on third party websites? I wonder if we're going to see a decrease in the gold selling market after this comes into full effect.

3. I wonder what multiboxers do with the gold left after purchasing the subscription tokens. Could it be that they hoard it? or perhaps they sell it on third party websites? I wonder if we're going to see a decrease in the gold selling market after this comes into full effect.
    It's possible, but there's still huge supply via other players as well.
    What I think is, they've used the same software(s) as MB's use, to bot, in order to be able to farm gold, buy their game time and sell the surplus gold on those 3rd party website.

4. "We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."

I wonder what multiboxers do with the gold left after purchasing the subscription tokens. Could it be that they hoard it? or perhaps they sell it on third party websites? I wonder if we're going to see a decrease in the gold selling market after this comes into full effect.
    Most used that gold for Boosts, Exclusive mounts (like spectral tiger) and so on.

5. Why would you want to kill him?
    All you need to do is passing by with the demolishers and destroy the gate. The multiboxer can destroy one or maybe two demolisher before they are out of his reach.
    So pretty much all you need to do is gather 4 demolishers and then attack the gate.
    Bro we opened all 3 gate, all we needed to do is capture horde base or specificaly, their flag. The problem is, the multiboxer defends all 3 sides and you can't do anything. It's always a loss.

6. Pretty sure you're talking about me and my 4 ele shamans. I remember that match. Your problem wasn't that I was standing behind the broken yellow gate and somehow soloing everything, your problem was that my 11 normal teammates were with me and I was throwing off-heals on my entire team instead of just myself. I ended that match with more healing *per character* than the holy paladin on your team. The full wrathful hunter I kept topping off every fight is the one who got top dps though.

Lesson here isn't that multiboxing is unfair, it's that you don't have to be a heal spec to heal your teammates.
    I'd rather say the lesson is to be rich and mutlibox lmao. Tell that to the people who go 1 by 1 against horde at the entrance.

7. This is like reading blizzard is removing mortal strike from next wow expansion and coming here demanding mortal strike to be removed.

You cannot compare multiboxing on current retail version to wotlk.

WG has fixed amount of slots there is no additional honor generation caused by multiboxing.

''hyperinflating gold on the website and in the auction house''
    ''Something so toxic surely can't be more beneficial to allow on the server''

10/10 awareness
    Ah, yes. Multiboxing 25 elemental shamans and permanently ruining a world PvP zone for everyone single-handedly, and ruining BGs for their allies is definitely equivalent to pruning one of warriors main spells in an expansion that was designed around it /s. Can you please state your merits before you go telling me that I'm unaware, when you can't even make up a good analogy to shoot down my argument? It sounds like you must be extremely experienced in this topic.

Also, they definitely inflate the marketplace. The amount of gold they suck out of everyone else's pockets on auction is immense, which then gets thrown on to the trading page on the site. Not only that, but every week, they get 250g+ for each character on top of the honor for the wg quests, which actually adds more money to the economy at far greater scales than a single player can do due to daily quest/time limitations. For a 20 man MB, thats over 5000g a week just by doing the WG weekly quests, which takes them minutes in their own little immortal raid group. Wow, that sure isn't a game breaking advantage! There is no "additional honor" added, good job for misunderstanding yet again. It's all added to the same person, who has no other use for it than to throw it into gems, while many of the 25 people that otherwise would have taken those slots, would have used the honor for other things. A single player also has far less ability to manipulate the market than someone who has the resources of 25 characters.

10/10 awareness

8. Ah, yes. Multiboxing 25 elemental shamans and permanently ruining a world PvP zone for everyone single-handedly
    What world PvP zones are there in wotlk? You mean bunch of lvl 80s farming low levels in STV? I forgot world PvP is carefully balanced around having equal faction numbers and multiboxers ruin this. Not like there is always x times more players from one faction dominating any sort of world PvP encounter.

and ruining BGs for their allies
    Does this mean every premade ruins BGs for both sides? Because my experience in last 20 BGs was Iron Horde spawn camping graves for 30 minutes to farm HKs. That is for sure much better than facing multiboxer right? Despite 20 man premade being 3 times stronger than 20 man multiboxer. But that is different right? Because its 20 players and not 1? Despite BGs having fixed amount of player? Its like I am not talking to a human.

Can you please state your merits before you go telling me that I'm unaware, when you can't even make up a good analogy to shoot down my argument? It sounds like you must be extremely experienced in this topic.

Also, they definitely inflate the marketplace. The amount of gold they suck out of everyone else's pockets on auction is immense, which then gets thrown on to the trading page on the site. Not only that, but every week, they get 250g+ for each character on top of the honor for the wg quests, which actually adds more money to the economy at far greater scales than a single player can do due to daily quest/time limitations. For a 20 man MB, thats over 5000g a week just by doing the WG weekly quests, which takes them minutes in their own little immortal raid group. Wow, that sure isn't a game breaking advantage! There is no "additional honor" added, good job for misunderstanding yet again. It's all added to the same person, who has no other use for it than to throw it into gems, while many of the 25 people that otherwise would have taken those slots, would have used the honor for other things. A single player also has far less ability to manipulate the market than someone who has the resources of 25 characters.

10/10 awareness

The fact that you actually dont realize how multiboxers help the marketplace even after typing this out is absolutely hilarious to me.

9. Good news.

Limit it to 25 was a good first step, let's hope Warmane will take example and solve the problem once for all.

10. "We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."

Probably getting raid/pvp/m+ boosts and store items, expansions and so on. There is plenty of ingame gold sink as well, 5mil for mount, black market and so on. Keep in mind multiboxing gold farm is so common nawadays that is one of the 3 standard ways to farm gold, other 2 are selling tokens and selling boosting. If you dont do any of this 3 you are most likely broke.

Where did you read this? The official note states:
    "As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact on the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."
    This is common knowledge on retail. Multiboxing is complete destroying the economy and have become best way to farm herb/mining or raw gold. Its not even worth doing any of this unless you MB and this have become the standard way to farm gold besides boosting and tokens.

11. Hello all,
    I'm new on the serv (1 month) and i want to give my opinion about the MB

To me the MB is just an abomination. When you play in PvP (BG or WG) you want to play against players, right ? Not against 5 players and 10 bots. Their is a huge difference with the decision making between 20vs20 with and without MB in your team or against you. It's very discouraging to play against. The argue " Why you don't focus the main account??? *****" because we can"t to that all the time or we just can"t kill it, imagine having 5 ot 10 sham or Balance druids, 5 or 10 heals at the same time or 10 tics, it's just very very hard or impossible. It killing the game, the fun, the farplay, the essence of the PvP.

I know the store is important to make survive the server BUT their is a lot of way to do it without that.

I'm sorry for my english, it is not perfect, still, i hope you will understand my point.

BR

12. This has to be the single dumbest "reason" against multiboxing.
    Blizzard also has a subscription, should warmane copy that? Blizzard seems to be at patch 8.x.x, update warmane?
    See, limiting it to 25 was the first step and now the angry 3 IQ mob is screaming for it being banned completely.

13. Bro we opened all 3 gate, all we needed to do is capture horde base or specificaly, their flag. The problem is, the multiboxer defends all 3 sides and you can't do anything. It's always a loss.
    You don't need to capture the last flag. As long as you have 4 demolishers stacked you can rush through the enemy lines and attack the yellow gate.
    Most common mistake is that ppl attack with just one demolisher at a time which makes it quite easy for the deffenders.
    Edited: November 6, 2020

14. You cannot compare multiboxing on current retail version to wotlk.
    This is not argument, it is just your subjective opinion, completely irrelevant in this conversation.

WG has fixed amount of slots there is no additional honor generation caused by multiboxing.
    Who cares about honor? It's all about advantage in firepower with one button.

What world PvP zones are there in wotlk? You mean bunch of lvl 80s farming low levels in STV? I forgot world PvP is carefully balanced around having equal faction numbers and multiboxers ruin this. Not like there is always x times more players from one faction dominating any sort of world PvP encounter.
    You miss one important thing, they farm low levels but still its fun for dozens of bis players, while mboxer is just one guy. Who is more important for server, 100 players having 100 chars or 1 guy having 25 accounts?

Does this mean every premade ruins BGs for both sides? Because my experience in last 20 BGs was Iron Horde spawn camping graves for 30 minutes to farm HKs. That is for sure much better than facing multiboxer right? Despite 20 man premade being 3 times stronger than 20 man multiboxer. But that is different right? Because its 20 players and not 1? Despite BGs having fixed amount of player? Its like I am not talking to a human.
    Still, its minimum 10 to 40 players having fun, while you are one. Anyway, faction balance is a completely different story from multiboxing, stop mixing two different things.

The fact that you actually dont realize how multiboxers help the marketplace even after typing this out is absolutely hilarious to me.
    Enlighten us please, how they help the marketplace?

Looking at the opinions on the forum as well as on external services evaluating the servers, multiboxing only reduces the credibility of this server.
    Edited: November 6, 2020

First 12345 ... Last