1. Multiboxing now banned on retail

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Surely Warmane will finally ban multiboxing now that they can't use the "Blizz allows it" excuse right? /s

2. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Surely Warmane will finally ban multiboxing now that they can't use the "Blizz allows it" excuse right? /s

"It was not banned back in WOTLK"

3. Time to attach a single keyboard to multiple computers. No third-party software needed ;)
    #boxing never dies
    Edited: November 3, 2020

4. I never thought it was correct or fair ... this is not a strategy game that controls multiple units, WoW is a game that was made to control just one character.

5. I Left in 2013 when they Removed /Follow. Sounds Dumb on their Part because that's 75/Month

6. "It was not banned back in WOTLK"
    I know that's about 99.99% what they're going to say but reading it still hurt me deep inside. Retail until classic WOTLK I guess.

7. Yes they should ban it but I'm pretty sure there will be 10000 excuses of why not they would do it.

" Retail is not the same as pserver, there was multiboxing in wotlk, it's a pvp server'' and so on.

8. I know that's about 99.99% what they're going to say but reading it still hurt me deep inside. Retail until classic WOTLK I guess.
    Retail right now feel really good actually with leveling changes and and so on, i have lots of fun there. On serious note tho Multiboxing was not always bad on retail. There is RP events people do with multiboxing and many other harmless stuff. Problem is normal players in general never interact with hardless forms of multiboxing and only have encounters with grifters. On Warmane however multiboxing is complete ****ed. I dont think i have seen single WG in past 4+ years that didnt had multiboxers in it.

9. Retail right now feel really good actually with leveling changes and and so on, i have lots of fun there. On serious note tho Multiboxing was not always bad on retail. There is RP events people do with multiboxing and many other harmless stuff. Problem is normal players in general never interact with hardless forms of multiboxing and only have encounters with grifters. On Warmane however multiboxing is complete ****ed. I dont think i have seen single WG in past 4+ years that didnt had multiboxers in it.
    Yeah, RP multiboxing usually just involves having multiple clients open though. What got banned specifically is using programs to copy actions to multiple clients for multiboxing, so the WG version basically.

10. If you actually read the entire article instead of the headline you would see.

''we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. ''

This is not the case on warmane.

11. If you actually read the entire article instead of the headline you would see.

''we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. ''

This is not the case on warmane.
    literally blid kekw

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing).

12. I made a post suggesting that /follow be removed from BGs and Wintergrasp, arguing that there would be little to no downsides while simultaneously ensuring that multiboxers don't become entirely purposeless, and helping combat AFKers in BGs. Now that there are good suggestions on how to fix the PvP exploiting aspects, and Blizzard themselves is changing their stance on multiboxing as it becomes more prevalent and begins to show its true colors, I am very curious to hear the mental gymnastics required to explain why this is still a plague on the server in 2020.

It's ruining 100% of Wintergrasp games and ruining the BGs for their allies by not being able to cover objectives and taking all the character slots up for the game, and is incredibly disruptive and looked down upon by the majority of those who don't partake in it themselves. They ruin the gold market by buying hundreds of gems from getting ludicrous amounts of free honor per WG and converting honor to gems, hyperinflating gold on the website and in the auction house. Something so toxic surely can't be more beneficial to allow on the server over moderating it in its current form, right?

13. Blizzard themselves is changing their stance on multiboxing as it becomes more prevalent and begins to show its true colors, I am very curious to hear the mental gymnastics required to explain why this is still a plague on the server in 2020.

This is like reading blizzard is removing mortal strike from next wow expansion and coming here demanding mortal strike to be removed.

You cannot compare multiboxing on current retail version to wotlk.

WG has fixed amount of slots there is no additional honor generation caused by multiboxing.

''hyperinflating gold on the website and in the auction house''
    ''Something so toxic surely can't be more beneficial to allow on the server''

10/10 awareness

14. Imagine playing and staying on a server for more than a year, knowing what the server allows. Imagine being THAT guy. Can't do it. I don't cross highways by foot.

15. It would be amazing if Warmane followed suit... We'll see what happens. Maybe if the voice of the community is loud enough after this change we might get something done. The 25 character limit was a step in the right direction but I think a lot more could be done to make WG playable once again along with the other aspects of the game heavily affected by multiboxing. I absolutely love the idea of disabling the /follow command in certain places. Great thinking and I hope they implement this!

I would be curious to see how much multiboxers actually contribute to the server in terms of money. Is it really worth it in the end? There is probably a reason Blizzard is going against it after all this time. I know the botting issue on retail and classic was really serious - especially on retail with those bots farming Botanica, Arcatraz, etc. On top of this the computing power these days is absurd, making things escalate very quickly.

I can also see how the fact that retail has the tokens would make multiboxing a not particularly lucrative source of revenue outside of buying new expansions for each account. There is a sort of parallel with Warmane and the 10 bucks dono to play on Icecrown without queue, but then easily farming gold with multiboxing to sell on Trade and not actually spend further money to buy items. There's also the fact that on retail every player buys each expansions and some still actually pay the subscription fee, whereas on Warmane maybe your average player spends a lot less tipping the scale in favor of keeping multiboxing around. Hard to tell without actual data.

12311 ... Last