1. Retail wow banned easy multiboxing. Will warmane too?

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/worl...um=social-post

Blizzard disallowed "easy" multiboxing.
    Will warmane follow it? (I know that warmane & blizz different things, but some GMs did used "why it shouldn't be allowed if it allowed on retail")

2. Pretty sure that's only collateral damage from their "third-party = bad" anti-cheat that might happen.

Do we need that here? IDK

3. That dont change the fact reatil wotlk allowed multiboxing, so if warmane want to still at 3.3.5 experience, multiboxing was allowed, (but ISBoxer was not what is it now.... but its another debate)

I boxed on retail since 2008, on warmane from few month.
    Keep in mind, on warmane multiboxing is extremely more present and more impactive than it never been on retail, and Blizzard disallowed this now, its not a "collateral damage"

The reason for it is the mentality of the new generation of multiboxer, who do it for farming, camping or any of those many disruptive thing ; to the game economy, balance, server stability etc, additionnal to the constant hardware upgrade, multiboxing on 2020 is extremely lot more disruptive and present than 2010. This lead to a new politic against multiboxer on retail, few weeks ago it leads to a new politic on warmane (limitation of number) and that the direction we are going cause of actual multiboxer who got... different goal than 10years ago

So as the multiboxer still going to do that for goldfarming, spawn killing ppl and capital camping, and if they are more and more each month/year, more and more restriction will be taken.

In my opinion, multiboxer who multibox for goldfarming / worldpvp are going to kill the allowed multiboxing

I wish and claim warmane remove follow in pvp area and opposite capital. Instead of losing the control of multiboxer population and ending by disallowed this totally
    Edited: November 4, 2020

4. those kind of news make my day, holly ****. "MulTiboXing is allOWed on ReTAil" btw. get rekt kids.
    ofc it would be great if warmane also outright ban automated input software, but realistically the should just limit mbox chars to 5 (so everyone could play this trash game)

5. realistically the should just limit mbox chars to 5 (so everyone could play this trash game)
    Some of us doing pve, without impacting other ppl, and for this, 5 is far too low, 10 is a minimum, 25 is perfect, limit the number isnt the solution instead of regul what can be done

6. Some of us doing pve, without impacting other ppl, and for this, 5 is far too low, 10 is a minimum, 25 is perfect, limit the number isnt the solution instead of regul what can be done
    say thanks to those of you, who constantly ruins fun for whole pvp community. power tripping interntet janitors ahah

25 char limitation wont do ****. just look at wg - instead of 2 mboxers with 40 chars, there is 4 mboxers with 25, nothing changed, still unplayable. limitation of 5 is being generous, still better then ban.

7. Seeing this happening makes me wonder: if retail forbids multiboxing where it was actually giving a revenue to them - since there's subscription on retail - why is Warmane still allowing it?

To the "there was multiboxing in wotlk retail" argument I answer that 1) hardware was much more limited at that time and more importantly 2) private servers can and do make custom changes in order to improve game quality.
    Lastly, a 10x multiboxers in 2010 would pay 150$ a month in subscriptions and 1800$ a year, which grows to 4500$ for a 25x multiboxer, not even considering hardware costs. That's pretty expensive compared to free.

Tbh I'm happy of this decision, it means they care about their players (complaints abounded).
    Edited: November 4, 2020

8. For the time being I believe multi boxing will stay!
    You might not like the answer but it took Blizzard - 9.0.1 Versions of their game to actually take any action against multiboxers.
    Thats 6 xpacs after WOTLK.

So if you are going to quote blizzard on that, be informed you might see such actions from warmane when our server hits 9.0.1.

9. Multiboxing are allowed on Retail and always will, they just want prevent botters and cheaters ...

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Please don't be wicked to all multiboxers, personnally i do only PVE contents and kill only people who attack me.
    I just hope warmane will don't go under 25 box limit for PVE because it's a really good challenging and lot of fun.

Peace

10. Multiboxing are allowed on Retail and always will, they just want prevent botters and cheaters ...

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Please don't be wicked to all multiboxers, personnally i do only PVE contents and kill only people who attack me.
    I just hope warmane will don't go under 25 box limit for PVE because it's a really good challenging and lot of fun.

Peace
    Isn't input broadcasting the core of multiboxing?
    The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense."

11. Isn't input broadcasting the core of multiboxing?
    The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense."
    Since you are kinda going into legal terms:

Lets also quote this:

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.

Notice, it may result in account penalties. MAY being the word here, I guess there are different ways of input broadcasting.

12. Isn't input broadcasting the core of multiboxing?
    Yes and no, multiboxing = multi boxing = multiple client if you log 2 account with 2 client (Like bank guild) it's multiboxing.
    The software who brodcast key is for playing on multiboxing and be most faster than Win-tab every clients.
    The new rule of blizzard is for prevent botting and cheating because botters don't run only 1 client, they run multiple clients who send multiple keys and the AI farm for them. This is here the problem for retail *i think*.

I know a lot of multibox here only do WG or BG and personnally i don't like too, i have try it and it's really not fun *FOR ME*, it's like be two level 80 who gank a level 68 but it's a playstyle.
    Maybe warmane will do changes or new rules in future we don't know
    But i hope they will always allow multiboxing for the PVE

13. Isn't input broadcasting the core of multiboxing?
    Not neccesarly.
    You can also multibox by attaching a single keyboard to multiple computers.
    In this case no third-party software is needed.

14. Not neccesarly.
    You can also multibox by attaching a single keyboard to multiple computers.
    In this case no third-party software is needed.
    So if you want to multibox 10 toons you need 10 computers; what's one gonna do, rent an office? not very practical you will agree.

It's a bit like saying "you can drive cars, no problem, but yeah, car wheels are illegal".

15. It's a bit like saying "you can drive cars, no problem, but yeah, car wheels are illegal".
    More like: "you can drive cars, no problem, but only manual cars".

Imagine how low the hardware requirements are to run a single WoW client on lowest setting in Wotlk.
    It wouldn't be such a big investment to buy 10 super low budget computers.

123 Last