1. What class should i play?

Hello people. What class would you recommend to someone who is practically starting the game? I made a paladin because everyone told me it was easy. But I didn't like the paladin, I didn't want to make a mistake again. What do you recommend me?

2. Everyone recommended a paladin to you because he's not too complex and can easily fix his mistakes in leveling by healing / using an immunity shield.
    I'd still recommend you paladin but if you don't like it maybe try a feral combat druid. He also has good survivability by going into bear form if you **** up and also has heals. He's also a little bit complicated than paladin but every class is tbh.

What you can also do is go to Blackrock, pick up some starter gear and go try the class on a training dummy. That would give you a general feel of how the class plays and you can decide from there. You might be bombarded with a lot of information since every class will have all spells at once but still it's another option that you have.
    Edited: November 4, 2020

3. Depending on how far you got with the paladin... paladins get almost no abilities until level 20. They're pretty miserable up through level 19, and then at 20 you suddenly get a whole bunch of stuff and can actually play the game.

Druids are a good option because they can fulfill all 4 roles (tank, healer, melee damage, caster damage). It's hard to really recommend something else without knowing what type of combat style you like or anything like that.

4. Its kinda hard to help you if you don't talk about what do you didn't like of the paladin or what are your preferences or role so... quick rundown of classes

Pure DPS (damage dealers)
    Hunter: Easy to play, hard to master, really ****ing easy to level (you have a pet that takes damage for you) almost 0 downtime, also the only archer archetype.
    Warlock: kinda the same that hunter, lots of summons with different skills, you can make a portal to summon people anywhere in the world, good utility (healstones,soulstones,curses)
    Mage:The Glass Cannon, absolute mad damage, but he is pretty much dead after a slap, can make portals to capital cities, can make food and Water, has a lot of downtime since everything you got drains good chunk of mana and the only way to recover it fast its to became a drunkard.
    Rogue: Stealth, lot of Crowd control, stuns and all that,good damage, low health, good mobility, and overall the 15 year old edgelord class that everyone loves and hates.

Hybrids
    Paladin: the most utility in any class, capable of doing the 3 roles (Tank,DPS,Healer) almost impossible to die while leveling, absolute a pain in the *** since half of the leveling process is done while autoattacking stuff since you lack skills in that part of the game, probably the best class along with shaman to play for the support/useful type of person, lots of tools that are good in any situation
    Druids: Shapeshifting, Stealth/DPS in cat form, Tank in Bear form, Heal in Tree form, Ranged DPS in Moonkin Form, the most versatile class in the game.

Tanks/DPS
    Death Knights: Requires a lvl 55 Character to make, starts at the same level, good damage as a dps, good aggro in single target as a tank, terrible aggro in multitarget, overall a really good class, but that takes time to get use to it, also the only melee class with ranged spells.
    Warriors: Easy to play, really ****ing hard to master, a good feel of satisfaction when you do it right, Absolute mad damage as Fury PVE, Absolute mad damage in pvp as Arms (if you manage to play it right), Good but challeging to tank on this expansion since he is a Physical Tank in a expansion of heavy hitting magic bosses
    Also Paladins and Druids

Healers:
    Priest: the go-to healing class, two specs with different playstyles, also shadow to do ranged dps, a pain in the *** to level tho, but really good in groups, has a really useful Health buff and shields
    Shaman: Alongside Paladins with the most utility in the form of totems, also has the most powerfull buff in the game in the form of Bloodlust/Heroism, hard to manage the totems tho, but really good and needed class.
    Also Paladins and Druids

how to pick your class: do you want to fight on melee? discard ranged classes, the best way its too discard those who doesn't work for you and then searching for what you like... its recommended to play as a dps first, since it is the least responsible role and the one where nobody would get mad at you for not knowing what to do.