1. Very infrequently. I lost an unfortunate amount in the 2015 moltdown that the staff couldn't or wouldn't refund me for and it's never quite been the same. All my pals quit too though.

2. Very infrequently. I lost an unfortunate amount in the 2015 moltdown that the staff couldn't or wouldn't refund me for and it's never quite been the same. All my pals quit too though.
    I'm sorry for your lost, mate. I can totally feel you. I didn't spend too much money on gear but I definitely had spent my time grinding those BiS in game, and tons of achievements. All of my pals quit as well, and lost some great WoW-mates I've made in-game after the moltdown. And I couldn't agree more, stuff will never be the same. That just feels suck.

3. I spent comparatively little really compared to what I had. 7k AP on my main, +-5 BiS chars - as you can see some of them with Smourne. All I ever donated for was the t10hc set for a DK in my first few months of playing lol. What a schmuck!

I raised coins for smournes via pugging 25's and selling BoEs/gold etc on the marketplace. That's actually worse than doing the actual smourne quest imho. Anyway, I lost 2x smournes, but that wasn't 300 coins, cause I had the max discount (when there was a discount available) - for played time, age of account, etc., Xmas bonus, etc.

Sadly I bought the smournes literally the day after the donation recovery window (I think that was the 29th?)

Anyway. It's still fun to hop on and raid every now and then, but definitely not the same.

4. Anyway. It's still fun to hop on and raid every now and then, but definitely not the same.
    Pretty much feel the same. I still play here and there, but its just not same as w/o my old character and all echievs/event items and so on i have collected over the years before the meltdown.

5. Don't do it.

Fellow 2010'er over here.
    Lul, fellow 2010’er, you have a really lame answer there based off of a bad personal experience with the server. Just because you got hit hard with the Moltdown, as did everyone else, doesn’t mean this guy might not want to even bother. You seem like a big pessimist.

On topic, @ OP try it out, might be worse or it might be better than what it was. You more than likely won’t have the same old friends you did have, luckily I have a couple from my original guild I still talk to. But not everyone’s perception is going to be the same, unlike some people who can’t understand that. *cough*. Anyways. I’m a fellow ‘2010’er’ as well, I had 8,000 Achievement Points right before the hijack. For a long time, I told myself I won’t farm them again. Here I am. Farmed 9850 Achievement Points in about 2 years worth of playing my main.

I suggest, if you do end up playing regularly again, make the backups they let you do for each account you play on. You can backup an account once a week. Some people may say they don’t work at all, well huh, that’s kind of the point of encrypting - imagine that. With those backups, if the worst were to happen again, you know, a Moltdown 3.0 (because two happened in 2015, in case some people forgot), at least you have some official backups of your data.

6. Occasional BGs are what Icecrown and Blackrock are good for, most especially in small groups of 2-5 players. Any other server the PvP community is weak and dies alongside the server when PvE fully progresses. Though city raids and wintergrasp were pretty well ruined with multiboxers. Otherwise PvE is best done on a fresh realm or a seasonal one.

7. On topic, @ OP try it out, might be worse or it might be better than what it was. You more than likely won’t have the same old friends you did have, luckily I have a couple from my original guild I still talk to. But not everyone’s perception is going to be the same, unlike some people who can’t understand that. *cough*. Anyways. I’m a fellow ‘2010’er’ as well, I had 8,000 Achievement Points right before the hijack. For a long time, I told myself I won’t farm them again. Here I am. Farmed 9850 Achievement Points in about 2 years worth of playing my main.
    Losing most of the old friends I've made in the game is definitely the worst thing. It's difficult to get a suitable arena partner as the toxicity in PvP community is terrible, it feels like you're playing with 10 years old or immature kids (at least from what I've experienced so far), not sure about PvE pug as I haven't tried yet... I highly doubt I'll even try.

I suggest, if you do end up playing regularly again, make the backups they let you do for each account you play on. You can backup an account once a week. Some people may say they don’t work at all, well huh, that’s kind of the point of encrypting - imagine that. With those backups, if the worst were to happen again, you know, a Moltdown 3.0 (because two happened in 2015, in case some people forgot), at least you have some official backups of your data.
    Brilliant, although I kinda doubt it would work on recovering our characters back once another Moltdown hits, but it does still sound like a good bet.

Occasional BGs are what Icecrown and Blackrock are good for, most especially in small groups of 2-5 players. Any other server the PvP community is weak and dies alongside the server when PvE fully progresses. Though city raids and wintergrasp were pretty well ruined with multiboxers. Otherwise PvE is best done on a fresh realm or a seasonal one.
    I have characters on both Icecrown and Blackrock now, I gotta say Icecrown feels so much better, but the grinding process is hell when most people have at least mid-tier gear or semi-BiS. How I wish Blackrock has a world that is alive filled with pvp event, WPvP, etc., then I'll just stay Blackrock.

8. Lul, fellow 2010’er, you have a really lame answer there based off of a bad personal experience with the server. Just because you got hit hard with the Moltdown, as did everyone else, doesn’t mean this guy might not want to even bother. You seem like a big pessimist.

On topic, @ OP try it out, might be worse or it might be better than what it was. You more than likely won’t have the same old friends you did have, luckily I have a couple from my original guild I still talk to. But not everyone’s perception is going to be the same, unlike some people who can’t understand that. *cough*. Anyways. I’m a fellow ‘2010’er’ as well, I had 8,000 Achievement Points right before the hijack. For a long time, I told myself I won’t farm them again. Here I am. Farmed 9850 Achievement Points in about 2 years worth of playing my main.

Awfully presumptive of you to assume that the reason I advise against playing is because of my experience in the game, when in actual fact, it's quite the opposite.

9. Losing most of the old friends I've made in the game is definitely the worst thing. It's difficult to get a suitable arena partner as the toxicity in PvP community is terrible, it feels like you're playing with 10 years old or immature kids (at least from what I've experienced so far), not sure about PvE pug as I haven't tried yet... I highly doubt I'll even try.
    When you are late for the party and population is high the toxicity is also really high. You will just have to keep swaping parthners till you find the right guy and it may take a while. Its very similar on retail as well, but there you have the option to join ingame community or some discord server and it seem easier to find people to play with. Wish we had something like this on Warmane as well. Best advice i can give you is play only with people who are willing to come in voice chat with you.

As for PVE dont go with pugs and so on. If you wanna do some look for guild and again, it will take you a while to find the guild that suit you best. But i will say its worth it because when you find that guild you can make friends for years. Also PVE is really fun when you do it with people who are dicent players and you like hanging with.

I have characters on both Icecrown and Blackrock now, I gotta say Icecrown feels so much better, but the grinding process is hell when most people have at least mid-tier gear or semi-BiS. How I wish Blackrock has a world that is alive filled with pvp event, WPvP, etc., then I'll just stay Blackrock.
    You rearly should have rolled on Frostmourne they are still not at ICC content so progression there will feel way better and also when the season is over all characters will be moved to Icecrown anyways. I personally dont play there atm because Shadowlands its insanely good right now and i am addicted to it, but if they decided to release another seasonal server gonna play it a lot more on it..
    Edited: December 18, 2020

10. When you are late for the party and population is high the toxicity is also really high. You will just have to keep swaping parthners till you find the right guy and it may take a while. Its very similar on retail as well, but there you have the option to join ingame community or some discord server and it seem easier to find people to play with. Wish we had something like this on Warmane as well. Best advice i can give you is play only with people who are willing to come in voice chat with you.
    Couldn't complain too much as toxicity is part of the game, lol, which I totally understand, just slightly fed up.

As for PVE dont go with pugs and so on. If you wanna do some look for guild and again, it will take you a while to find the guild that suit you best. But i will say its worth it because when you find that guild you can make friends for years. Also PVE is really fun when you do it with people who are dicent players and you like hanging with.
    Well just like I've said, I've done way too much WotLK PvE content back then (until Cata hits here), just I no longer feel like putting in so many hours on the things I've cleared before... unless it's retail.

You rearly should have rolled on Frostmourne they are still not at ICC content so progression there will feel way better and also when the season is over all characters will be moved to Icecrown anyways. I personally dont play there atm because Shadowlands its insanely good right now and i am addicted to it, but if they decided to release another seasonal server gonna play it a lot more on it..
    I am actually considering to play on Frostmourne, but I'm not certain if this is a right time to join, so I thought why not wait until the next reset on Frostmourne then we'll see.

Also, Shadowlands looks really GOOD, wish I had the time to dedicate on retail, but too bad I'm way too busy dealing with real life stuffs...

First 12