1. Thinking about to get back in game.

Hello,

So I am a pretty old player with this server, I've been here since 2010 and played mainly on Neltharion realm until 2015 when all of my characters got wiped off, then I decided to quit since I feel pretty dead inside as I spent almost everyday during that 5-6 years in game (sounds pathetic kinda life, I know), and my toons was pretty good geared and had amazing achievements.

Lately I've been thinking to return to WoW after a long break, specifically on WotLK realm to do mainly PvP stuffs. Experience rate or blizzlike-rate isn't my first concern, I just wanted to hop on an ACTIVE realm to enjoy the game (and perhaps I wouldn't like to spend as much time as I used to back then). So I would like to seek for advice on which realm should I join?

2. If you want to limit yourself to PvP, and you're putting very few hours daily into WoW, I'd recommend Blackrock, as it's instant level 80 PvP realm. You get your starter gear and you can start PvPing real quick. Second alternative is Icecrown as it's fast to level, it has wPvP and you can do PvE content as well. Though leveling takes a bit, but it's fastest from the realms with leveling obligation. Icecrown comes with large population and it's overall most active realm Warmane offers.

3. If you want to limit yourself to PvP, and you're putting very few hours daily into WoW, I'd recommend Blackrock, as it's instant level 80 PvP realm. You get your starter gear and you can start PvPing real quick. Second alternative is Icecrown as it's fast to level, it has wPvP and you can do PvE content as well. Though leveling takes a bit, but it's fastest from the realms with leveling obligation. Icecrown comes with large population and it's overall most active realm Warmane offers.
    Appreciate your kind reply. I forgot to mention I might wanna take the overall "story-line" and world-like experience into consideration, so I can still roam around the world in game and enjoy whatever content that is available, which is something Blackrock lacks I supposed. But I'm gonna focus more on PvP since it consumes less time compared to PvE. Not to forget that having high population in game enhances the overall experience... once again, something Blackrock lacks. I guess Icecrown might be the final choice.

4. Don't do it.

Fellow 2010'er over here.

5. Don't do it.

Great to see someone who's here since 2010. Since you're still around at the forum, might I ask are you still playing?

6. Don't do it.

As a fellow 2010'er (from arena-tournament.com --> Molten --> Warmane) - ok, maybe I started playing on AT in 2011? But played wotlk on retail prior to that. I would say to definitely do it. 3.3.5 dominates any other patch in the history of WOW in terms of pvp quality, which is what you said you're into. It would be nice if we had rated BGs but oh well. I recommend Icecrown. If gear's important to you and you want to avoid the grind, just buy a character off the character trade system that warmane hosts.

7. play shadowlands, dont satisfy the rats who farm bg's 24/7

8. As a fellow 2010'er (from arena-tournament.com --> Molten --> Warmane) - ok, maybe I started playing on AT in 2011? But played wotlk on retail prior to that. I would say to definitely do it. 3.3.5 dominates any other patch in the history of WOW in terms of pvp quality, which is what you said you're into. It would be nice if we had rated BGs but oh well. I recommend Icecrown. If gear's important to you and you want to avoid the grind, just buy a character off the character trade system that warmane hosts.
    To be honest, I don't really mind the grind if I could find a group of good players (attitude wise) to play with, otherwise I wouldn't feel like dedicating that much time on WoW like I used to 10 years ago, I just can't anymore... at least for now. As for the buying a character thingy, I wouldn't think it's a great investment as I'm not gonna spend that much time playing, not to mention the average price for those toons is like the average salary in my country. That's insane.

9. play shadowlands, dont satisfy the rats who farm bg's 24/7
    Not gonna lie, I would happily join retail if I have the TIME to dedicate to WoW.

10. play shadowlands, dont satisfy the rats who farm bg's 24/7
    Guy wants to play WoW, not korean mmo made for 10 year olds.

11. Don't do it.

I started on Frostwolf in 2011, back when it was a x3 WotLK realm and I agree, it's not the same anymore.
    I tried getting back to it earlier this year and I've never seen so many rude, toxic people getting triggered by the most insignificant things. It just made me sad and nostalgic for my old guilds and wow frens.

Maybe I'm too old for this, lol. I might play on Lord later... solo.

12. I started on Frostwolf in 2011, back when it was a x3 WotLK realm and I agree, it's not the same anymore.
    I tried getting back to it earlier this year and I've never seen so many rude, toxic people getting triggered by the most insignificant things. It just made me sad and nostalgic for my old guilds and wow frens.

Maybe I'm too old for this, lol. I might play on Lord later... solo.
    I guess most of us who have been playing here since 10 years ago have grown up, lol. But what I couldn't understand is the toxicity here, I can't recall there was this level of toxicity back then... couldn't people just play nicely and not being such a jerk?

Anyway I wish you could enjoy your grind if you ever start playing on Lord :)

13. Here since 2009-2010, Frostwolf 3.3.5.

Not playing anymore, went to retail for a bit. Not the same without old friends etc.

14. Here since 2010 as well, currently enjoying more retailt tho.

Since you said you wanna focus on PVP mostly just go Blackrock. Not sure if you know but all realms are linked in cross-realm system now for bg and arena ( even Lordearon), so pickking lord or Icecrown for PVP dont make much sense anymore unless you also plan to PVE.

If you are not into instant 80 my reccomendation is go Frostmourne. The realm is seasonal meaning they will reset it once per year and all characters will be moved to Icecrown. THey are at TOGC content atm and PVP seem more healthy to me then other realms.

Dont touch Lord or Icecrown. Unless you have coins for BIS gear its not worth on my opinion since almost all active PVP players are BIS geared and you will just get demolished for many months till you gear up.

15. Since you said you wanna focus on PVP mostly just go Blackrock. Not sure if you know but all realms are linked in cross-realm system now for bg and arena ( even Lordearon), so pickking lord or Icecrown for PVP dont make much sense anymore unless you also plan to PVE.
    I've done way too much PvE back then on Neltharion, cleared almost all PvE content available as of the date Cata hits here... and I'm not gonna spend my hours doing the same thing again, not on private servers, at least. But I do really miss WPvP like gankings and city raids, that's the reason I can't choose between Icrecrown and Blackrock.

Dont touch Lord or Icecrown. Unless you have coins for BIS gear its not worth on my opinion since almost all active PVP players are BIS geared and you will just get demolished for many months till you gear up.
    I have a fresh 80 now with some good gears I managed to get from my leftover coins, and I would totally agree that I'll be food to others in BGs most of the time as most people are highly geared (possibly BiS).

Here since 2010 as well, currently enjoying more retailt tho.
    I went to retail once for a bit, but then realized I don't have the time to have enough fun so decided to not continue for now. But might return in the future tho.

12 Last