1. This is an reasonable idea. Could you go more into the specifics of what topics might be covered? Asking for a friend.
    I'm glad you agree,

This exam could include basic things like:

How fast you can smash the botton. Very easily doable, player joins a Discord with a member of staff team and smashes button with open mic, then he gets rated 1-10 how good the smashing was. This indicates great potential for doing 20k dps and we need people like that.

Writing down 5 ways to troll players, things like promising gold to last person who links Thunderfury in Trade chat or making another portal to Orgrimmar in that empty space at Dalaran portals, talling people to delete cache or relog when they cant enter it. This all should be done on the paper(because obviously anyone can copypasta from google), mailed directly to secret Warmane headquarters under Kremlin.

Then of coarse more advanced things;

Submitting video evidence to proof that you know how to keybind your stuff. Must be done in some Video8 casette format because digital is easy to fake.

Also backpedaling for any reason should insta ban your account, then going trough unbanning process trespasser should walk from Undercity to Booty Bay only going backwards.

Then end tier tests, this will require Obnoxious to travel to players physical place of residence:

Obnoxious will give player 5 A4 sheets and pencil, one sheet with stat/spell scaling for players chosen class. He must then write up perfect bis list for each raid boss in game, no item lists, that all should come from memory.

Player should recite all class spells and talents that are in game, all from memory. Do this until Obnoxious falls asleep, continue next day for however many days necessary.

Practical exam, player runs around training dummies in circles and does max possible DPS chosen class can do. Meanwhile Obnoxious beats the player with Foam sword, just like one in game, player can choose color of the sword. If players DPS drops below 98% of max possible its clear that any distraction will lower his DPS in real raid scenarios and player is not worthy.

This is just a few, this can be improved over time to allow only the best players for our Utopia.
    Edited: November 12, 2020

2. no need for that. take a pen and write the name of players who plays up to your standards (or above ). when teh online, ask them (nicely) to come with u in you in watever.
    ???? profit. (it works) tested and approved.

3. no need for that. take a pen and write the name of players who plays up to your standards (or above ). when teh online, ask them (nicely) to come with u in you in watever.
    ???? profit. (it works) tested and approved.
    Whaat? By that logic we don't need anti ninja stuff because you can raid with players who don't ninja.
    Big nono, because here we are fixing this flawed and cruel world for the greater good. Stupid rogues without axes and with axe specialization must be abolished.

4. I'm glad you agree,

This exam could include basic things like:

How fast you can smash the botton. Very easily doable, player joins a Discord with a member of staff team and smashes button with open mic, then he gets rated 1-10 how good the smashing was. This indicates great potential for doing 20k dps and we need people like that.

Writing down 5 ways to troll players, things like promising gold to last person who links Thunderfury in Trade chat or making another portal to Orgrimmar in that empty space at Dalaran portals, talling people to delete cache or relog when they cant enter it. This all should be done on the paper(because obviously anyone can copypasta from google), mailed directly to secret Warmane headquarters under Kremlin.

Then of coarse more advanced things;

Submitting video evidence to proof that you know how to keybind your stuff. Must be done in some Video8 casette format because digital is easy to fake.

Also backpedaling for any reason should insta ban your account, then going trough unbanning process trespasser should walk from Undercity to Booty Bay only going backwards.

Then end tier tests, this will require Obnoxious to travel to players physical place of residence:

Obnoxious will give player 5 A4 sheets and pencil, one sheet with stat/spell scaling for players chosen class. He must then write up perfect bis list for each raid boss in game, no item lists, that all should come from memory.

Player should recite all class spells and talents that are in game, all from memory. Do this until Obnoxious falls asleep, continue next day for however many days necessary.

Practical exam, player runs around training dummies in circles and does max possible DPS chosen class can do. Meanwhile Obnoxious beats the player with Foam sword, just like one in game, player can choose color of the sword. If players DPS drops below 98% of max possible its clear that any distraction will lower his DPS in real raid scenarios and player is not worthy.

This is just a few, this can be improved over time to allow only the best players for our Utopia.
    I think ai can say this confidantly, that for many players including myself, you are expressing something we have always felt when we see this subject. It’s really brave of you to reply genuinely to BacchusTatoo and suggest these requirements so publicly, seriously, and thoroughly. Ai think your ideas are very reasonable, very reasonable, especially punishment.

As far as I can see from your very good suggestions, the test would be broken into 3 sections; 1, a practical exam - 2, theoretical writing section, and a physical examination. However, I suggest also a 4 section; Mathematics and Section 5; History. Any fail section = immediate 3-5 day ban and global announcement of failing. Some examples below:

Section 2: revision of theory and choice making
    Q) In a raid 10 man, you are a rdudu and damage is lacking on saurfang? Draw shapes on all that apply
    A) stop casting
    B) complain about raid leadership in rc?
    C) complain about the dps in rc?
    D) link healing in rc
    E) begin cast /logout

Section 4 mathematics (example)
    A) If Lord Marrowgar has 10,643 armour, how is the armour of marrowgar feeling for a protection warrior attacking in battle stance with Bloodvenom Blade as third tank? How much expertise to gem?
    Part B) How much percentage damage feeling increase is the warrior doing because of armour penetration? how much damage increase because feeling??
    Part C) What is dps loss feeling of Bloodvenom Blade vs Mithrios, in numbers, calculating arp and weapon speed? defend this decision to test assessor.
    Part D) What is MINIMUM personal dps parse of this warrior vs valithria dreamweaver?

and last section, section 5; forum history.

Q) What is a “bdk dps” and who are the protagonists/antagonists of this rich history?
    Q) Why is Bojannoob the GOAT?

What do you think of this suggestions? P.S. It has been such a long time coming to see such a serious suggestion for warmane utopia

They should implement a 3-5 day ban for people who don't know how to play, have missing gems/enchants, weird items, like warriors with plate spellpower. I guarantee you things would change. Game is 10 years old, people have no excuse to be stupid and if they are, they should be banned so they can't pollute the community with their incompetence and lazyiness.
    I thank BacchusTatoo (I waiting for reply) for express such serious reprimand and mods for keep open this thread and hope it continue with new idea for real implementation
    Edited: November 13, 2020

5. The future is safe, I can sleep easy.

6. Noob = ban
    if you play bad you get banned
    if you are casual, this game is not for you
    this is elitist time B.I.T.C.H!

7. I think You are overthinking a bit. Requirements based on gearscore is just like democracy - is it the best system? Of course not. But probably the best among others options we have for now. Its fast, easy and have a quite good efficiency.

If You don't like bothering with this, just join a guild. I bet some GM's would kick even 6,8k retri or war from guild, if they suck.

Problem solved.

However, I like the idea about testing. I'd say we should make traning+test for EVERY new wotlk player. Otherwise, there will be some players that are worse than "eltie" of the server and that would be, well, unacceptable.

8. humm

Just an example. Holypriest aoe outdpsing all dps, tank being 2nd dps, all people pretty well geared.

Everyone was atleast 5k gs, mad props for the paint censorship pls.

this is why people search far over the necessary gs, people have no idea how to play their own class and get beaten by trollstuff.

9. Just an example. Holypriest aoe outdpsing all dps, tank being 2nd dps, all people pretty well geared.

this is why people search far over the necessary gs, people have no idea how to play their own class and get beaten by trollstuff.
    I would hardly call that anything special, honestly.
    While it's true that some players dont know the ins and outs of their class, spamming AoE in the Devour of Souls boss fight in the Forge of Souls can easily inflate anyone's dps.

The boss summons like 20 or so weak adds (Unleashed Souls) with low health that eventually despawn, regardless if the party kills them or not. AoEing them down is a strategy, but they can be ignored for the most part.

If the dps are prioritizing single target on that boss (which is perfectly fine, the adds CAN be ignored), their dps wont be as high as someone prioritizing AoE on the Unleashed Souls phase (which spawns a lot of adds) You also cant forget that the mage and warlock are casters and are affected by spell push back when being hit by the adds melee.

Holy Nova is instant cast, as well as Fan of Knives and Swipe from the Rogue and Druid in the group, and can kill the weak, low health adds faster than the casters can, and I am almost certain that FoK and Swipe were doing a lot of their damage. Also looking at your armory, you are a heavily geared healer, and you would have higher raw stats than others of lower gear.

10. At last! A serious proposal. Stop whatever you are doing and implement this man's dream.

For our Utopia!

PS: got me laughing so hard ahaha

11. I would hardly call that anything special, honestly.
    While it's true that some players dont know the ins and outs of their class, spamming AoE in the Devour of Souls boss fight in the Forge of Souls can easily inflate anyone's dps.

The boss summons like 20 or so weak adds (Unleashed Souls) with low health that eventually despawn, regardless if the party kills them or not. AoEing them down is a strategy, but they can be ignored for the most part.

If the dps are prioritizing single target on that boss (which is perfectly fine, the adds CAN be ignored), their dps wont be as high as someone prioritizing AoE on the Unleashed Souls phase (which spawns a lot of adds) You also cant forget that the mage and warlock are casters and are affected by spell push back when being hit by the adds melee.

Holy Nova is instant cast, as well as Fan of Knives and Swipe from the Rogue and Druid in the group, and can kill the weak, low health adds faster than the casters can, and I am almost certain that FoK and Swipe were doing a lot of their damage. Also looking at your armory, you are a heavily geared healer, and you would have higher raw stats than others of lower gear.
    still doesn't excuse lvl 80 5k+ dps doing less dmg than a healer and a tank, when people pop the same numbers with lvl 70 in BT and SWP lol. oh also, i did the holy nova so the adds would be on me so the rangeds could dps freely.

12. Just an example. Holypriest aoe outdpsing all dps, tank being 2nd dps, all people pretty well geared.

I don't see Your problem here. Mage, rogue and hunter have choice to use just single target abilities in their normal rotation. That means, they didn't even touched spirit, cause there is no need for it. Having in mind Mirrored soul, their dps as 5k gs players, single-target devour is OK. No wonder any char with aoe will outdps them on minions. Mage could use blizzard, the hunter multi/volley/trap and out-dps You on that trash, but whats the point of it here?

That screen would bother me, if there would be an dps which have aoe skill in his normal single-target rotation, for example paladin with his divine storm, warrior with whirlwind, shaman with chain lighting (maybe), but in this case I see it absolutely normal.

13. It's just normal that people demands an unreasonable amount of GS for pugs, after all most pugs can't get past PP on a 6k average. I think you guys fail to understand the current situation if this surprises you. The solution is always the same however, join guilds avoid pugs like the plague.

14. I just find it funny that this is even a discussion at this point.

This part of the game is 10 years old. It has legit been theorycrafted to death with proper guides and videos showing what to do. Yet people still manage to screw it up or come up with some new meta. Youve got streamers and players coming up with the most wild ideas and theories posting bugtrackers and making outlandish comments. Gearscore is no different. People actually trying to say things like "for every 10 points of GS you gain 100 dps".

How can so many players not understand and comprehend how the game works by this point is beyond me. It is so easy that even some bad players and guide writers can do 0 buff LoD thus making them somehow think they actually know anything.

15. still doesn't excuse lvl 80 5k+ dps doing less dmg than a healer and a tank, when people pop the same numbers with lvl 70 in BT and SWP lol. oh also, i did the holy nova so the adds would be on me so the rangeds could dps freely.
    Meh that can happen easily. My warrior tank can outdps most people in pos/fos when they are at 4.5-5k gs. It's unbelievable I know. Some people are super tards or lazy. I make around 3500 and they make less or equal kek.

The worst part is when you see this, you know it's going to be a pain in the *** to even finish the instance because you are the main damage dealer...

First 123 Last