1. Lots of you need better understanding of what GS is needed for encounters

It's hilarious at this point. No, you don't need 5.2k GS for VoA. No to a lot of things.

The vast majority of runs are demanding a GS that would make it so that said person doesn't even need the run. You people want someone decked out in ICC25 heroic gear to do Naxx, it's pathetic.

2. Imagine if everyone would spend 2 hours reading instead of months/years crying about GS? Every pug would clear everything.

What I can suggest is to stop being angry at and trying to change the world, instead make a corner you like with people you like. There are people who think the same as you.

3. I agree with you, but the point is that ppl run around with no gear/enchants and wrong/pvp gear. Higher Gearscore is the only way to compensate that. There is no other option

4. They should implement a 3-5 day ban for people who don't know how to play, have missing gems/enchants, weird items, like warriors with plate spellpower. I guarantee you things would change. Game is 10 years old, people have no excuse to be stupid and if they are, they should be banned so they can't pollute the community with their incompetence and lazyiness.

5. Hell yeah, whenever new account is registered drop on it perma ban, then give them 3 month learning course. In the end huge exam and if they pass unban them. Would solve this huge problem, imagine noobs running around. Unplayable.

6. The amount of:
    Rogues between 3K - 5.5K gs without axes/swords using 5/5 axe & sword talent ..
    DK's between 3K - 5.5K gs who use the most odd runeforge choices, instead of going for the good ones ..
    Shamans between 3K - 5.5K gs with spirit gems ..
    Any ArP melee between 3K - 5.5K gs thinking it's worth to gem ArP, when they can't even get anywhere near the soft cap ..
    Players between 3K - 5.5K gs that are generally clueless, either about their own class, or the boss they hope to kill ..
    .. is high!

I agree, GS requirements are too high compared to the raids themselves. Wish there were IQ requirements instead..

7. The reasons is, most players are noobs and dont know boss tactics, so in pugs high gs is asked to compensate that and try to brute-force bosses.

Old istance like naxx/ulduar are done only for transmog/achievements runs, so ofc people want high gs fast runs. If you need gear, you can have better items from fos/pos/hor.

Solution is 1) increase your gs 2) find a guild

btw people who suggest to punish noobs are heavily ******ed, they have every right to play and learn the game (like you did), you have every possibility to avoid them, so stfu.

8. you have every possibility to avoid them, so stfu.
    Well we have every possibility to avoid scammers and ninjas, but they get banned.

9. They should implement a 3-5 day ban for people who don't know how to play, have missing gems/enchants, weird items, like warriors with plate spellpower. I guarantee you things would change. Game is 10 years old, people have no excuse to be stupid and if they are, they should be banned so they can't pollute the community with their incompetence and lazyiness.
    Just because the game is old that doesn't mean everybody has been playing it for several years. Most people play on a recreational level and aren't interested in learning the ins and outs of the game.
    If you play football with your friends and you suck at it should we jail you for a few days? I mean, the modern day game has been around for ~150 years, you have no excuse for not being as good as Ronaldo.

Regarding the gearscore issue, if you know what to look for when inspecting you'll invite people even with lower gearscore than the asked one. If you're a bad leader and invite bad people it's probably for the best that you compensate for your leadership/group forming skills through gear.

10. Well we have every possibility to avoid scammers and ninjas, but they get banned.
    Are you actually comparing ninjas and scammers to noobs? Are you serious?

11. But if noob is disrupting my gameplay with his daggers and 5/5 axe spec with spirit gems? Isn't that the same thing? Noobs are already getting banned for ninja in RDFs, I bet 99% of banned are just people who are noobs and do not understand what to roll on. Why not go extra step for the greater good? They do what staff is considering "damage", their ignorance isn't excuse, is it?

12. Oh the irony of talking about "understanding requirements"... while using GearScore for that...

13. The amount of:
    Rogues between 3K - 5.5K gs without axes/swords using 5/5 axe & sword talent ..
    DK's between 3K - 5.5K gs who use the most odd runeforge choices, instead of going for the good ones ..
    Shamans between 3K - 5.5K gs with spirit gems ..
    Any ArP melee between 3K - 5.5K gs thinking it's worth to gem ArP, when they can't even get anywhere near the soft cap ..
    Players between 3K - 5.5K gs that are generally clueless, either about their own class, or the boss they hope to kill ..
    .. is high!

I agree, GS requirements are too high compared to the raids themselves. Wish there were IQ requirements instead..
    Amen to this.

14. Must say i don't mind noobs very much tho.. always fun to out dps someone who has nearly 1k more gs then me :-D

15. Hell yeah, whenever new account is registered drop on it perma ban, then give them 3 month learning course. In the end huge exam and if they pass unban them. Would solve this huge problem, imagine noobs running around. Unplayable.
    This is an reasonable idea. Could you go more into the specifics of what topics might be covered? Asking for a friend.

123 Last