1. BG premade vs premade (preferred matching)

Hi, I think it would be cool if premades would have an hidden and automatic preference to be matched against other premades, meaning premade vs premade match gets prioritised over premade vs not premade. To prevent queues to be too long when many premades aren't available, in that case the premade gets still paired against not premade. The duration of this potential "increased search time" can be defined reasonably; after that time, normal (current) pairing applies [1]

There are many ways to refine this mechanism, e.g. you can make that premades of 2 or 3 people get matched as of currently, and just consider the larger premades. And you can make larger premade (e.g. 5 people party) to be preferably matched agaisnt premades of equal number. As the time passes (e.g. 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min) the larger premades gets matched against premades of decreasing number (4, 3/2), and lastly against none in particular (as of currently, i presume) [2] Or you can be more selective - either there's an equal number premade or normal matching applies. The former is probably more balanced but maybe harder to develop. The matching could also consider the number of premades, eg. pairing a 5 man party again 2x 2 man parties.

Pros:
    - much more challenging fights for both teams/more balanced matches -> more entertaining and enjoyable for everybody
    - much more newbie friendly/easier time at learning how to PvP
    - less gy camping type of annoyances -> less deserters -> more BG activity

Cons:
    - longer queue times if no other premade gets found for the pairing, but remediable as described here [1][2]

Debatable:
    - longer matches; debatable because not all of the premades tend to play by objectives, and a premade vs not premade match not rarely turns in a long and annoying HK farm.
    - the impact of and on preform-AV queues

Now, this is just an idea, and it would be cool to see if it can be improved, so feel free to share your ideas about it.

2. Personally I think this is a great idea.

3. t-up for you my friend. the BG meta is unhealthy and toxic as of now. i would actually love no party que for BGs aswell. this really makes for a great pvp experience for both newbies and high-end players. all else is a simple greed for domination and honor farming and not fun,balanced or engaging at all.

4. t-up for you my friend. the BG meta is unhealthy and toxic as of now. i would actually love no party que for BGs aswell. this really makes for a great pvp experience for both newbies and high-end players. all else is a simple greed for domination and honor farming and not fun,balanced or engaging at all.
    Some of us use premades to get achievements that wouldn't otherwise be possible due to teammates who can't even grasp what teamwork is. We're not interested in being punished for being able to work together.

5. Some of us use premades to get achievements that wouldn't otherwise be possible due to teammates who can't even grasp what teamwork is. We're not interested in being punished for being able to work together.
    i actually have the majority of BG achievements without participating in a single premade in the past year. yea you can get them without a premade, just takes a bit longer (as it should be). the BG meta also shouldnt revolve around bis players who want to get some useless achievements,, rather around the average pvper who obviously is not you. premades are more harm than good and even if warmane use this no-party que model for a single week the benefit will be huge.

6. We're not interested in being punished for being able to work together.
    Why would it be a punishment?

7. i actually have the majority of BG achievements without participating in a single premade in the past year. yea you can get them without a premade, just takes a bit longer (as it should be). the BG meta also shouldnt revolve around bis players who want to get some useless achievements,, rather around the average pvper who obviously is not you. premades are more harm than good and even if warmane use this no-party que model for a single week the benefit will be huge.
    Do this on Horde @ Icecrown during NA times. I primarily PvE, have for years, and am working on finishing off my achievements. Maybe me wanting to finish off achievements is worthless to you but I think complaining about people using teamwork as an advantage on an MMORPG is among the dumbest things I've read all year.
    Edited: December 1, 2020

8. Do this on Horde @ Icecrown during NA times. I primarily PvE, have for years, and am working on finishing off my achievements. Maybe me wanting to finish off achievements is worthless to you but I think complaining about people using teamwork as an advantage on an MMORPG is among the dumbest things I've read all year.
    I never said premades shouldn't be able to fight against "randoms", but that preferably pairing premades against premades would make the BG game much better. Teamwork is supposed to give an advantage, but one thing is "advantage", another thing is faceroll hk farming/gy camping by a 5-10 man premade with 0 chance of opposition. That's just stupid tbh.
    Anyway even applying my idea you would still be able to obtain your achievements.

9. Hi, I think it would be cool if premades would have an hidden and automatic preference to be matched against other premades, meaning premade vs premade match gets prioritised over premade vs not premade. To prevent queues to be too long when many premades aren't available, in that case the premade gets still paired against not premade. The duration of this potential "increased search time" can be defined reasonably; after that time, normal (current) pairing applies [1]
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the queue system even worked like this back on retail.

10. Not all Premades are good tho. I've seen a group of friends that play together in s6 gear.

Edit: Very Annoying, but Damage is so Insane People are Dying before I can Pull off a Flash of Light in BGs. It's like going up against the Alabama Crimson Tide Offense. This is mainly happening tho cause I ends up in Teams with New Players getting Raped by Bis + SM. The Gear Difference between Blackrock and Full Gear is insane, against New Players from IC it's not even playable for them
    Edited: December 10, 2020

11. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the queue system even worked like this back on retail.
    I don't know but it would make perfect sense. In an expansion without rated BGs it's actually the only way to correct this flaw.
    I'm a bit surprised that here on Warmane gs brackets were tried but something simple and intuitive such as a better pairing system was not. I really hope they could give this a try because I think it would make the BG system a lot more healthy and up to date.

Many things have been done to improve the stock WOTLK and keep it still "captivating" after a decade, and this measure would have the same purpose as well.

Not all Premades are good tho. I've seen a group of friends that play together in s6 gear.
    It's not a matter of gear/GS, and in fact I didn't propose a pairing based on GS. Also I would differentiate 2-3 people premades from 5-10+ people. But since 2-3 man premades are probably more common, it should be no issue to find pairings for those as well.

Today I happened to be in this match:

Alliance team had a 5 man premade and I can tell you, it was a very long and boring match. No challenge, no fun, no competition. For both teams, it was like waiting a bus or just wasting time.

What were the "consequences"? The ally (winning) team was bored, the horde team was annoyed; several horde left the BG prematurely and got deserter -> less BG activity.
    Edited: December 10, 2020

12. When you see yourself in that situation just go afk. Minimise the game and do something else until it's over. (And don't forget to move your character from time to time so you don't get kicked out.)

13. When you see yourself in that situation just go afk. Minimise the game and do something else until it's over. (And don't forget to move your character from time to time so you don't get kicked out.)
    Who said I was in the losing team? :D

14. My recommendation also applies if you are in the winning team.

15. Agreed, what else to do after all? But I argue that this is a problem for both sides that can and should be improved. Nobody joins BG to spend the time afk (well bots but that's another story...).

12 Last