1. Hi, I think it would be cool if premades would have an hidden and automatic preference to be matched against other premades, meaning premade vs premade match gets prioritised over premade vs not premade. To prevent queues to be too long when many premades aren't available, in that case the premade gets still paired against not premade. The duration of this potential "increased search time" can be defined reasonably; after that time, normal (current) pairing applies [1]

There are many ways to refine this mechanism, e.g. you can make that premades of 2 or 3 people get matched as of currently, and just consider the larger premades. And you can make larger premade (e.g. 5 people party) to be preferably matched agaisnt premades of equal number. As the time passes (e.g. 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min) the larger premades gets matched against premades of decreasing number (4, 3/2), and lastly against none in particular (as of currently, i presume) [2] Or you can be more selective - either there's an equal number premade or normal matching applies. The former is probably more balanced but maybe harder to develop. The matching could also consider the number of premades, eg. pairing a 5 man party again 2x 2 man parties.

Pros:
    - much more challenging fights for both teams/more balanced matches -> more entertaining and enjoyable for everybody
    - much more newbie friendly/easier time at learning how to PvP
    - less gy camping type of annoyances -> less deserters -> more BG activity

Cons:
    - longer queue times if no other premade gets found for the pairing, but remediable as described here [1][2]

Debatable:
    - longer matches; debatable because not all of the premades tend to play by objectives, and a premade vs not premade match not rarely turns in a long and annoying HK farm.
    - the impact of and on preform-AV queues

Now, this is just an idea, and it would be cool to see if it can be improved, so feel free to share your ideas about it.
    I believe this is a great idea and how the balanced battlegrounds should work. If Warmane manages to implement something like this then it will pass thru the history as the best WoW server ever created in the modern age.

2. I don't know but it would make perfect sense. In an expansion without rated BGs it's actually the only way to correct this flaw.
    I'm a bit surprised that here on Warmane gs brackets were tried but something simple and intuitive such as a better pairing system was not. I really hope they could give this a try because I think it would make the BG system a lot more healthy and up to date.

Many things have been done to improve the stock WOTLK and keep it still "captivating" after a decade, and this measure would have the same purpose as well.

It's not a matter of gear/GS, and in fact I didn't propose a pairing based on GS. Also I would differentiate 2-3 people premades from 5-10+ people. But since 2-3 man premades are probably more common, it should be no issue to find pairings for those as well.

Today I happened to be in this match:

Alliance team had a 5 man premade and I can tell you, it was a very long and boring match. No challenge, no fun, no competition. For both teams, it was like waiting a bus or just wasting time.

What were the "consequences"? The ally (winning) team was bored, the horde team was annoyed; several horde left the BG prematurely and got deserter -> less BG activity.
    When I encounter those types of premades I just die only once and let them get bored by killing the newbies who can't simply move away from the graveyard to avoid getting HK farmed.

They have a lot of fun by just sitting there in the graveyard killing characters that won't do nothing but keep dying and ressing forever. Hell of a fun!

First 12