1. Need Addon help for 5.4.8 client

Recently downloaded a 5.4.8 client from deep waters and am having some troubles with getting addons to work. I got a handful of addons from curseforge (5.4.8 versions ofc) and extracted them to the addons folder, however they do not appear in the addons list. I deleted cache and wtf folders, and still nothing. There is only one out of date addon showing that I have never seen before "Blizzard Auth Challenge UI" Any thoughts?

Edit: Upon troubleshooting, I removed that "Blizzard Auth Challenge UI" addon from the folder and it was recreated upon startup. It is disabled, out of date, and removed from folder, and yet it continues to show up. Curious. I assume this has something to do with the 2-step authenticator, but why it would be out of date when it is an internal addon is strange. I'm starting to think there is something screwy with this client.

Edit: After much ado I managed to get the download link from Warmane to work (with a change in torrent handler) and installed my mods in it. Client works fine--but absolute zero mods are showing up. The addon button doesn't even appear. I've n ever had this issue before installing addons in all my years of wow. Not sure what's going on here. Maybe I'll try getting addons from somewhere other than curseforge idk.

Edit: After testing a few of the MoP addons from the community addons page, I have yet to get the addons button to appear. I seriously don't know what the problem is.

Edit: Curiously enough, after trying everything from 5.0 to 5.4.8 addons with nothing being detected, I threw a 3.3.5 addon in there and it found it. I loaded out of date and logged in (ofc it didnt work, in fact it broke my game a bit, but that at least tells me it was trying to run it.) Why the hell is my 5.4.8 client not detecting MoP addons, but detecting wrath addons just fine? The lastAddonVersion seems to be correctly 50400, and none of the addons have versions higher than that, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Edit: Problem solved. Solution: I'm stupid. Every single one of the addons I dowloaded were folders inside of folders inside of folders. I had to dig down three levels to actually get the real addons. Sigh.
    Edited: November 17, 2020