1. Feral Druid DPS talent Primal Gore, is it good?

Hi I was wondering if the druid talent Primal Gore is any good. I am not sure if it shares dimishing returns with your other crits. If it would share dimishing returns with your other ablities wouldnt that mean you would have less combo points to work with? As you get an extra combo point if one of your abilities crit. Primal gore might still be better because your bleeds ignore armor, but im not quite sure.

(for WotLK)
    Edited: November 20, 2020

2. Its a must-have talent. It doesnt add any combo points, it just enables rake/rip "dot" to be able to crit. Rake does two damages, one is instant bleed damage which can crit prior taking that talent and other is a dot. So this talent doesnt have anything to do with combo points.

3. I understand, but what I am saying is Primal Gore makes your Bleeds crit, if that bleed crits does it affect the dimishing return on your other abilities. Because if it does you'd be getting less combo points.

4. I understand, but what I am saying is Primal Gore makes your Bleeds crit, if that bleed crits does it affect the dimishing return on your other abilities. Because if it does you'd be getting less combo points.
    There's no DR on crits?

5. Hi I was wondering if the druid talent Primal Gore is any good. I am not sure if it shares dimishing returns with your other crits. If it would share dimishing returns with your other ablities wouldnt that mean you would have less combo points to work with? As you get an extra combo point if one of your abilities crit. Primal gore might still be better because your bleeds ignore armor, but im not quite sure.

(for WotLK)
    there is no such thing as "diminishing returns for crit" in wotlk

6. I really thought there was ;o. So if u were to have 100% crit chance u'd crit 100% of the times always?

7. I really thought there was ;o. So if u were to have 100% crit chance u'd crit 100% of the times always?
    If we imagine, that a feral cat could have that much crit in the game, then the answer would be yes, you will always be able to land a critical strike (with your yellow attacks). However, there are some important things, which need to be mentioned here. First of all, there's this thing called crit suppression, which decreases our chances to land a critical strike by 4.8%. So, if we want to have a 100% chance to land a crit on every attack, we need the following:

76% - White crit cap (+ 24% Glancing Blows = 100%)
    79.8% - Ferocious Bite Crit Cap (+ 25% Crit from Talent - 4.8% Crit Suppression = 100%)
    104.8% - Yellow Crit Cap (- 4.8% Crit Suppression = 100%)
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=171436
    http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/200...at-in-cap.html

Ret paladins have a talent called "Heart of the Crusader", which increases the chances for a mob to be critically hit by 3%, so this minimises the crit suppression a bit. Secondly, the gear we get from ICC and RS doesn't increase our crit anywhere near the 104.8% hard cap. My main on Icecrown:

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

is missing only 4 pieces before it can be considered fully BiS and its crit chance in raids is just 75%. However, you shouldn't be worried about this. Once you get the juicy icc gear, your crit chance will be so high, that you would get crits quite often. Investing resources in that stat wouldn't be worth it, since other stats like armour penetration and haste/strength (depending on how you decide to build your kitty) are way more beneficial.