1. Retail-like Weak Auras UI for Shadow Priest

Shadow Priest Weak Auras

Hi there guys. I'd like to introduce myself before explaining what I'm about to share. I'm Lunminas, a Disco Priest main from the guild <Fade>, I've been playing on Warmane for around 3 to 4 years now with some experience on retail.

This Weak Auras was made in attempt to fulfill something that's been missing from the contemporary Wrath of the Lich King community: New and updated User Interfaces. This project is essentially a start to make the 3.3.5a experience inherit some of the best improvents from retail content. Taking into consideration that Weak Auras 2 has been updated in August to be compatible with a plethrera of components from the origial retail addon, it's now possible to develop clean, functional UIs on it's new 2.18 build, with added effects, conditions, triggers, etc.

With this, I'd like to share my WA Import, but do realize that this does not work with old version of Weak Auras.

If you're unsure where to download the new version, check for Bunny67's Weak Aura 2 Github repository. The build should be there.

Without further ado, here's the UI.

Features

There's one main group and 3 other groups linked to the main one for this UI, they are separated in order to keep things organized. All the dynamic groups are dynamic for a reason, you won't see the UI this clogged, the screenshot shows all icons for all groups.

• The Main Rotation group displays your most used abilities and resources. It tracks your DoTs, but only has a special effect for Vampiric Touch. It also displays cooldowns for SW: Death and Mind Blast
    • The Upper Group shows engineering gloves CD and Shadowform aura missing.
    • The Left Group is shows active, aura and CD icons for shadowfiend and dispersion.
    • The Right Group displays active, aura and CD icons for both of your hymns.

Things to note
    This UI has certain common characteristics, such as displaying important rotation abilities and cooldowns with glowing effects for high priority purposes and also cooldowns with a desaturated textures so you know what's not up to be used. Important abilities also display unique effects when they're about to be off cooldown once again.

Comments on the UI

This UI is actually pretty different from the others on the back-end side of things. It uses different auras for wether or not the ability is on CD. This was done to solve an issue with the current version of Weak Auras which overwrites the "desaturate" option from a condition. So avoiding desaturation through conditions solves the issue but clogs the groups. This isn't relevant for perfomance, just aesthetics.

WARNING
    Please do take note that this Import only works on version 2.18 of Weak Auras(Bunny67's), and also that resizing the original UI is done through the Main Rotation group, simply go to Paladin Rotations, group, Group Scale.

Import

As I said, this build is separated in 4 groups so we can keep it organized and modular. If there's things you don't want in your UI apart from the main rotation, you can simply not download it and it'll work just fine, also, the pastebin links can be changed easily, so if there's a new build, check the changelog and understand that it's already updated. With that being said, here are the links:

1. Shadow Priest (Main Rotation)
    2. Shadow Priest (Upper Group)
    3. Shadow Priest (Left Group)
    4. Shadow Priest (Right Group)

More of my UIs
    Did you like my UI? Please, make sure to check the rest! I'm attempting to make UIs for all classes. If you are interested, please check out this project's main thread for more.

Changelog

v1.0 (20/11/2020) - Released

2. Oh you're doing this for Priest too? Cool.
    Then I'd like to ask if you could do an HPriest version?
    https://wago.io/Vk1IuxiP-
    This is the weakaura I use for my priest on retail. Just sharing this mostly because I love the glowy bars.

3. I'm a main priest after all haha. Yeah sure I'll make something like that, hopefully you'll enjoy! Give me some time though, this week I'll be a bit busy.

4. Thanks for this. Really looking forward to the Holy (and Disc?) variations, really smooth.
    I modified it a bit to add an extra bar for health. With this I can disable the Player unitframe.

5. im having issues with importing the weakaura, maybe because its my first time using it or i did something wrong. I downloaded new version and tried the one u posted but im getting an error saying Error decompressing: Unknown compression method (64)

6. Oh you're doing this for Priest too? Cool.
    Then I'd like to ask if you could do an HPriest version?
    https://wago.io/Vk1IuxiP-
    This is the weakaura I use for my priest on retail. Just sharing this mostly because I love the glowy bars.
    I've posted mine in my holy priest guide, which are similar to the retail-like ones. It's in the last comment.

7. May 11, 2021  
    Hello, your work is AMAZING !!
    Thank you so much!

I have a question! Is it possible for WA to check the remaining time of Vampiric Touch on the target and make a small "beep" sound (or just an icon indicator) when the duration is less than the current casting time of Mind Flay plus half a second?

Right now, i made a WA that makes a beep sound 2.03 seconds before VT ends. That means i know if i have enough time to cast one more mind flay or not before i need to reapply VT. It works great, but this 2.03 seconds is static with my current haste rate. When we pop BL or Engi hands / berserk /potion this timer is not correct because VT ticks faster with haste.

Also, one important thing (for min/max mostly) missing is the 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving indicator. It might seem boring but the fact that 1 tick of MF resets this indicator shows me that the last tick on my MF is done, therefore I can press MF again. Theoretically, we should let the full cast of MF go through, but since Warmane added spellqueue, this is a dps loss. You can cast MF before your MF cast is done depending on the value of buffered latency (currently at 400ms i think).

So if it's no problem, you can add a visual icon of Shadow Weaving that tells someone hey! the last tick of MF is done, press MF again (or any other spell i want).

Sorry for long post, again, you have done an awesome work !!!