1. 4800GS but no DMG o.O

So lss I builder a Survival Hunter and I'm at my first experience with wow.

Followed this guide:
    https://www.gnarlyguides.com/wotlk/g...rvival-hunter/

All was going fine till I stated running FoS/POS HC an ppl occasionally complained about my DMG.

Downloaded the add-on and found out I deal, indeed, very little DMG; generally always scoring last before the healer. I've even been paried up with other hunters with lower score than mine and they still outdmged me.... What I'm screwing up?

As for my gear I have 4 t9 piece 2 fully socked and the rifle from the AH ( the one with 800+ Hunter score )

My rotation is the same as listed in the guide but I also cast mark first.

What I'm missing ?.?
    Edited: November 24, 2020

2. Don't know about Survival at that gear, but in general it's lowest damage, borderline viable spec in this patch.
    With Marksman spec I always did relatively high DPS for my gear. Especially if I had a chance to fully utilize pre pull traps and such.

3. I get your point. But just this morning I was in team with a 4300GS survival hunter with a blue 80GS bow and he dealed 20% more DMG than me across the whole instance.

How is that even possible?

4. He can probably better recognize situations, when to use what. When to use CD's, when traps, when to move(move and keep autoshoot happening). As a relatively new player you don't stand a chance in "DPS", they can squeeze out 99% of their gear potential.

No one is born master, with time you will get better, for now all you can do is learn theory and try to put it in game. For me it's hard to understand why you want to learn Survival, then learn Marksman again, as I understood you want to PvE and that will be the spec to go. But that's up to you, whatever rocks your boat.

5. Also, gnarlyguides is bullsh1t. Author(s) are out of touch with situation and specs sthrenght. You would achieve more if follow guides of hunter forum section.
    And instead of rifle from auction (i'm 99,9% sure it's rowan's) try getting either PoS crossbow or buy 239 ilvl for points. I can eve say reason for it - most of your dmging skills are tied with weapon dmg, and slower weapon scales better with your stats, not to mention that this AH rifle doesn't have single stat for your dps boost
    Edited: November 24, 2020 Reason: Information add

6. Survival>MM before DBW and 100% armor penetration.Expl shot/Expl Trap/Serpent glyph... unless ure playing on badly scripted server(guess which).

7. I get your point. But just this morning I was in team with a 4300GS survival hunter with a blue 80GS bow and he dealed 20% more DMG than me across the whole instance.

How is that even possible?
    Are you using black arrow or explosive trap?
    Have you checked if he was using the explosive trap?
    Because i know that the black arrow increases your damge by 6%, but... that amount is less than the damage that your exp trap does.
    As an other hunter just said to you, pick the glyphs of serpent sting, exp shot and exp trap. With the glyph of explosive trap, the trap can crit and it will boost your damage. As advice, dont stay too far away from your target, but almost in melee range so that you can go near the boss/target, put ur trap and go away. Use when possible the frost/freeze traps to proc Lock and Load for more damage :D