1. An old player is looking to return in game.

Greetings everyone, lately I've decided to come back to WoW to do mainly PvP content... but I noticed I've missed out on so much stuffs and being left behind... it kinda concerns me and I would like to hear from you guys' perspectives.

I noticed majority of players here are already heavily geared, so I wanted to know can a fresh 80 possibly gear up for PvP without doing any PvE? Like is it even possible as a fresh 80 would not stand a chance against most players here. Even Blackrock players get to start with Relentless gears. Even if I wanted to get some blue gears by gold, hours has to put in for in-game work to farm gold. Not to mention there are a lot of toxic players one has to deal with (typical Molten/Warmane culture from what I've seen).

And no, I ain't gonna spend my entire day on playing WoW (not that I could as well). And no, don't start talking about Blackrock to me. The reason I don't choose Blackrock is simple, I want city raids and gankings, that's why my current choice is Icecrown (if I were to really start playing). And no (as well), I'm not planning to donate for gears at this moment.

I am a pretty experienced player in both PvP and PvE, I've been playing around here since the day the former Molten born (which is like 10+ years ago) before certain case happened. I've spent a good 4-5 years here previously, obtained pretty much all the BiS and achievements (characters are gone, while I am so late already to try to retrieve my old account back). And now if I were to start all over again, it's gonna take that much time and effort again which I find frustrating. I've played all kinds of MMOs hoping to satisfy my gaming urge but I always seem to come back to WoW. I've tried retail but I just don't have that much time to spend on games anymore (no longer a teen, a working adult now with responsibilities).

My point is, is it still worth it to just hop on the game and have some fun and gear up slowly? A lot of trollers and toxic players kind of just destroy the vibes.

My apologies for the rant. Just needed some perspectives.

2. My point is, is it still worth it to just hop on the game and have some fun and gear up slowly? A lot of trollers and toxic players kind of just destroy the vibes.
    Then your vibes will be destroyed by the time you hit outland.

Beyond that? Each day a fair share of new players comes and joins, plays and enjoys their time here. It may not always be glorious as it may seem. It will be hard with low gear and no intention to use PvE emblems on PvP gear, which would make the process more bearable. At lower iLvl you're only food for the big boys, and you'll be just that for a long time. You may run into one or two lower geared people and manage to solo kill few, but those aren't plentiful. Stick to groups or some big boys with big red GS, you might re-learn stuff, and you probably won't die that much, I hope. If you can't offer much of damage, offer utility instead. Hand of Freedom, Cleanse, Dispels aren't gear dependent.

3. Then your vibes will be destroyed by the time you hit outland.
    Pretty similar to what I've thought, actually. I was thinking things would get messy once I hit Northrend (gankers, etc...)

It will be hard with low gear and no intention to use PvE emblems on PvP gear, which would make the process more bearable.
    Since my time for games are limited, I guess it's not ideal to do PvE (not the endgame ones, at least). I have seen some people trash talk about low geared players in RDF as well so that's gonna be a pain in the ***, too.

At lower iLvl you're only food for the big boys, and you'll be just that for a long time. You may run into one or two lower geared people and manage to solo kill few, but those aren't plentiful.
    That's the problem. My play style has always been hard dps (melee). Unless I manage find a guild to do BGs or arenas with, I couldn't foresee thing will be pretty during the gear up stage.