1. Banning players

First off not sure if this concern belongs here, please direct me to a better forum if appropriate.

Does this sound familiar?
    Recently, about 4 days ago I ran a level 50ish dungeon and after it was done I get a /tell while I'm in Ironforge from the tank demanding I give him a weapon that I had won. The options where need or greed and I had the option to need it and I could use it so I clicked the dice. Yet here I'm getting told I'm going to get reported for ninja in a dungeon. LOL. How can I? Well according to him he thinks it is better used by him and not me so he is going to report it. I wished him well in his efforts...

Well here I am banned... WTH? Has this happened to you? Am I wrong? Are the GM's so overwhelmed they do not investigate and just take the complaint as legit? Let's talk about this... should I be reporting anytime I see someone roll need on a Traveler's Bag while he is wearing 4 pieces of heirloom gear? Clearly, doesn't need it and can buy frostweave bags.

2. If the weapon has specific tank stats you have to let the tank get it. Fact that you can equip it or press NEED doesn't mean you have a right to NEED.

You conveniently didn't give name of the weapon in question.

No idea what you mean with Travelers bag, but it's real simple: You have priority on items for spec you Accepted the dungeon with. You Accept the que as dmg role, you don't click NEED on tank items and you will never get banned.

3. should I be reporting anytime I see someone roll need on a Traveler's Bag while he is wearing 4 pieces of heirloom gear? Clearly, doesn't need it and can buy frostweave bags.
    Are you sure they can afford frostweave bags, or if they even have them? That's not the point anyway.
    You've been here 10 months, are you telling you roll for items, when you could just buy yourself some items from AH?

What comes to you rolling, as angrylol said, even if you can, doesn't mean you should roll for all items. That's why there are these rules now, people like you, rolled need on items just because they could and profit from it.

You're not even giving us any details of items/specs. Hard to say, if the tank's report was justified, without knowing which weapon we are talking about, and what weapon you have. What if your weapon is better?

Yes, this is familiar, RDF ninjas are all around.

4. If the weapon has specific tank stats you have to let the tank get it. Fact that you can equip it or press NEED doesn't mean you have a right to NEED. You Accept the que as dmg role, you don't click NEED on tank items and you will never get banned.
    I agree with you. I could have been more clear. I guess I was still hot when I posted and didn't explain clearly. I can assure you it did not have tank stats, it had no stats actually, it only had a proc to do damage and give mana in exchange on hit and he was a warrior and I have a mana bar.

You conveniently didn't give name of the weapon in question.
    No, I did not conveniently give a name of the weapon. Because , I do not recall the name and cant log in to give you a name.

I think the GM's should research the validity of reports.

5. No, I did not conveniently give a name of the weapon. Because , I do not recall the name and cant log in to give you a name.

I think the GM's should research the validity of reports.
    GM's do look into reports. it's not a simple "oh hey someone reported Swarm" *swings banhammer*

that being said Gm's are human and mistakes can happen. unfortunately even if it was a mistake you'll be unbanned by the time they get to your appeal. nothing you can do at this point.

6. I guess depends, if the item was http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=17733 and you are retri paladin, it's not for your ms and not really for tank either. Maybe if you would have GREED on it and reported tank, he would be banned now, I guess there is some logic in this kind of scenario.

So in the end only specs who can NEED for this type of weapon is ehance shamans and prot paladins. If that's the case maybe you can prove your innocence, your ban will probably be expired by then, but maybe, if it was unjust ban, you can get your account standing or whatever it was back to good. Mybe these short bans don't impact that in the first place and you just forget it happened, no idea.

7. You've been here 10 months, are you telling you roll for items, when you could just buy yourself some items from AH?
    You are correct. I have been here for 10 months and the 4 piece heirloom tank can both afford to just buy items. So this is a pissing contest of I'm going to report you for winning an item that I want, that has no tank stats, I do not know the name..... I took the time to search the internets.... Blade of Eternal Darkness https://classic.wowhead.com/item=177...ernal-darkness

NO WAY is this a tank only weapon.

What comes to you rolling, as angrylol said, even if you can, doesn't mean you should roll for all items. That's why there are these rules now, people like you, rolled need on items just because they could and profit from it.

You're not even giving us any details of items/specs. Hard to say, if the tank's report was justified, without knowing which weapon we are talking about, and what weapon you have. What if your weapon is better?
    Very hard to quote stats when you cant log in to the game.... but I did find it on the internet. (See above) It is bind on pick up, so I cant profit from it unless you talking about vendor trashing it.

I just think GM's should have looked at the weapon in question and not have banned. If you both tell me that this dagger is a warrior tank weapon and I didn't deserved it well... so be it.

8. that being said Gm's are human and mistakes can happen. unfortunately even if it was a mistake you'll be unbanned by the time they get to your appeal. nothing you can do at this point.
    You are right.... Time for me to move on.

9. I would still like your thoughts, is a Blade of Eternal Darkness https://classic.wowhead.com/item=177...ernal-darkness a warriror tank weapon? or was I, hunter, acceptable to roll need?

10. I would still like your thoughts, is a Blade of Eternal Darkness https://classic.wowhead.com/item=177...ernal-darkness a warriror tank weapon? or was I, hunter, acceptable to roll need?
    i frankly don't know who would roll on that tbh.

11. Procs on direct damage spells, maybe you took it from some spellcaster and tank was just his friend?

Could be it works with Arcane Shot, but if it doesn't - nether hunter, nor warrior has any business rolling NEED on it. Edit, bruh hunters can't proc melee weapns by shooting anyway and I don't remember how Arcane Shot is treated.

Maybe it's not about if someone wanted to use it, maybe you got reported because you didn't let everyone GREED on it with your NEED roll.
    Edited: November 29, 2020

12. Classic, Another hunter rolling weps with no stats, my poor Pala tank was still using my lvl 14 wep in outland dungeons because 3 other hunters like you that rolled 1 hand swords with no stats or "procc on melee hit" effect.
    Dosen't matter if the tank needed it or not, all 5 people could have need rolled on it, only the "lucky" winner gets the bann for it, that's how it works.