1. Belf or Human for PvP Ret?

Hey guys!

What do you think whats the best for 1v1 scenarios? Basically i beat up ferals, dks, warrs, enhance/ele shamans, boomkins but i have serious problems with shpri, fmage or locks with my human pal. Sometimes i spamm the arcane torrent button (I used to be belf at retail back then 2008) But ofc as a human i have the second trinket slot not the silence. Its ok for bg or for 2s human basically better but what about strictly 1v1 scenarios?

I have btw 6,7k gs with 6200power, 43% crit and 1050 resilence also hit capped.

I damn frustrated to play against those casters. Any opinions?

Btw im playing alone my life is kinda busy atm so im just bging and 1v1ing when i have time.

Thanks for answers!

2. I prefer blood elf for the silence, especially since I prefer the additional resilience from the trinket.

3. I prefer blood elf for the silence, especially since I prefer the additional resilience from the trinket.
    Well my opinion is the same atm. I feel usually that my 1050-1070 resilence is just not enough and as i said that damn silence is needed so hard to interrupt. Im sure it would give me so many wins meanwhile i can counter meeles anyways without the double trink too.

With freedom trink i would have +153 resilence right?! So i can swap even a PvP item to a PvE one or some resilence gems to strength ones. If i do so if i go turtle with sp shield and wep i would have 13-1400 resi :p :).

Thanks for the answer sorry for reasking.

4. Raping ele shaman as paladin hahahaha only noob ones

5. Thanks for the reply :D. Uve helped a lot bro!

6. Blood elves have a passive racial skill which reduces the chance of your character to be hit from spells by 1%

7. Well my opinion is the same atm. I feel usually that my 1050-1070 resilence is just not enough and as i said that damn silence is needed so hard to interrupt. Im sure it would give me so many wins meanwhile i can counter meeles anyways without the double trink too.

With freedom trink i would have +153 resilence right?! So i can swap even a PvP item to a PvE one or some resilence gems to strength ones. If i do so if i go turtle with sp shield and wep i would have 13-1400 resi :p :).

Thanks for the answer sorry for reasking.
    It's also worth mentioning that double melee, especially with a Rogue, and both being blood elf can be devastating to caster comps.

8. Hey guys!

What do you think whats the best for 1v1 scenarios? Basically i beat up ferals, dks, warrs, enhance/ele shamans, boomkins but i have serious problems with shpri, fmage or locks with my human pal. Sometimes i spamm the arcane torrent button (I used to be belf at retail back then 2008) But ofc as a human i have the second trinket slot not the silence. Its ok for bg or for 2s human basically better but what about strictly 1v1 scenarios?

I have btw 6,7k gs with 6200power, 43% crit and 1050 resilence also hit capped.

I damn frustrated to play against those casters. Any opinions?

Btw im playing alone my life is kinda busy atm so im just bging and 1v1ing when i have time.

Thanks for answers!
    I am reading your post and at the same time i am laughing.

In this expansion of WoW, Ret paladins DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE in 1v1 vs shadow priests, frost or fire mages, affli or destro warlocks, ele shamans, enh shamans, boomkins and feral druids.

They are your counter that's why you cant beat them in 1v1, and you said " Sometimes i spamm the arcane torrent button " you can't spam arcane torrent it is a 2 minute cd, how can you spam it? hahaha!!!

Decent Ret Paladin vs Decent Feral Druid, the feral wins here.

Decent Ret Paladin vs Decent Enh Shaman, the enh wins here.

And the casters are just your counter, nothing to worry about.

Don't worry and play your game dude.

Regards.

9. [QUOTE=Fi40;3089575]I am reading your post and at the same time i am laughing.

I am reading your post and at the same time i am laughing.

In this expansion of WoW, Ret paladins DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE in 1v1 vs shadow priests, frost or fire mages, affli or destro warlocks, ele shamans, enh shamans, boomkins and feral druids.

They are your counter that's why you cant beat them in 1v1, and you said " Sometimes i spamm the arcane torrent button " you can't spam arcane torrent it is a 2 minute cd, how can you spam it? hahaha!!!

Decent Ret Paladin vs Decent Feral Druid, the feral wins here.

Decent Ret Paladin vs Decent Enh Shaman, the enh wins here.

And the casters are just your counter, nothing to worry about.

Don't worry and play your game dude.

Regards.
    Ofc i know i wont win the fights most of the time but i want to improve my win rates :). Im not playing warmane atm and there is an 1v1 arena at the server ive playing on atm. I spamm the button cuz nothing happens :D....... U didnt get my point there in 100%. I just want to climb the ladder and for that i need bigger win rates against casters. Ofc i realized i'll loose most fights :).

Anyway thanks for the answer bro.

10. Im not playing warmane atm and there is an 1v1 arena at the server ive playing on atm.
    Then just check their 1v1 ladder. Whatever paly race is stronger for that purpose should be also more common on high rating unless their 1s bracket has only low activity.
    Also keep in mind that duels and 1v1 arena is a complete different story. Fighting in the open with no objects is not the same like a pillar humping match.
    Edited: December 9, 2020

11. Then just check their 1v1 ladder. Whatever paly race is stronger for that purpose should be also more common on high rating unless their 1s bracket has only low activity.
    Also keep in mind that duels and 1v1 arena is a complete different story. Fighting in the open with no objects is not the same like a pillar humping match.
    You should be choosing your race based on your comp and the meta that is in pertinent in that spot in the ladder. Not copying whoever is the top rated. Copying the guy at top is how you become a sheep and are eternally doomed to remain low ranked until you break from that mindset.
    Thanks Field Medic! :)
    I'm happy to help whenever I can!

12. You should be choosing your race based on your comp and the meta that is in pertinent in that spot in the ladder. Not copying whoever is the top rated. Copying the guy at top is how you become a sheep and are eternally doomed to remain low ranked until you break from that mindset.

I'm happy to help whenever I can!
    Btw I think the same. I want to figure out myself. I did 2,2k in all brackets in several different expansions on retail so im not a high rated player but im not braindead :). Sadly my gaming community have died out cuz of IRL. I'm also have limited time to play. This way i have noone to theorycraft with. :/ Thanks again! :)

13. You should be choosing your race based on your comp and the meta that is in pertinent in that spot in the ladder.
    There are no comps in 1v1.
    It would be great if races were so balanced that everything is viable on high rating and it's only a matter of preference but sadly that's not the case.

14. There are no comps in 1v1.
    No ****? It's almost as though I was advising *against* choosing race based on any 1v1 scenario.... But seems Sherlock here keeps missing the clues, yet again.
    And 1v1 isn't a competitive mode the game is balanced around, now is it?
    It would be great if races were so balanced that everything is viable on high rating and it's only a matter of preference but sadly that's not the case.
    You go from talking about no comps in 1v1, but then you go on to talk about rating. Am I missing something? Last I checked, duels didn't have ratings.

But hey, if people want to choose their race based on 1v1, whatever floats yall's boats, I guess. smh
    Edited: December 11, 2020

12 Last