1. Need/Greed

so i'm fairnly new player as i started playing 2 months ago and i'm so devoted to this game that even tho i started playing it 2 months ago everything i didn't understand i checked guides, googled it and asked around to learn everything i could and i remember clearly it was month ago when i was mage i was in dungeon at lvl 40 or something and item dropped that stat wise wasn't mine by any means but i had NEED option while everyone had to roll for greed and when i pressed NEED other 3 got pissed off and stated insulting and told me they would report me and i asked what for and one guy who was CHILL told me that what i did was ninja looting and explained to me as such : if item drops that isn't yours, it doesn't matter what options you have, you HAVE to roll on greed but if it's an item for your class than you can roll on need. after that explanation i understood that it was very fair and community in rdfs would be much more fair and good natured if rules were as such and i was happy about it, i apologized and gave it to 1 class that had the right to have it even tho he didn't need it.

now just today i'm on violet hold and robe drops which is TOTALLY mine and other 4 are plate people so they roll greed but i roll need, it's soulbound and everyone wants those trash items to sell for 5 and 10 golds obviously. everyone is 5k or 6k gs and what i am doesn't matter i'm much lower than tham in gs.
    my point is that everyone wnats those trash items to sell for gold and they told me that i had much better robe so cuz i rolled for need i broke the rules and i deserved to be banned and they would report me, which i don't give a S.... about if it's like that cuz if they are right about rules and i truly broke them yea sure i deserved it and i wouldn't do it in the future even if i agree or disagree BUT point here isn't who is right. items are trash items everyone wants to sell for gold and what's wrong with people choosing need and them having priority when their item drops if it's gonna go to vendor anyway ? i told them it was my item and even tho i didn't need to equip it i could sell it and answer was this : it doesn't matter, it's about manners :) i didn't even think about manners or the fact that it would be more fair if everyone rolled greed on trash items i mean now that i think about it it DOES make sense but screaming their throat out for 5 gold item and starting cussing and insulting me, my family and my mother for 5 gold coins instead of explaining it makes situation such that i did the same thing for whole dungeon and didn't give a dmn if i did make a mistake or not. i could have apologized and could have explained that i didn't know but first thing they do is scream and tell me my mother is a WH*************RE. i did told them to check forum after we were done with dungeon so if you reading this than this is my point of view and i don't care if i get banned for ninja looting and if i broke the rules cuz you made the situation like that.

everyone needs to have some manners when talking and not be a child about it.
    Edited: December 7, 2020

2. You broke the rules and you can get banned for it. You are supposed to press need only if the item is for your current spec and if you actually need it. Otherwise you are supposed to press greed. You don't get a priority for getting the item for selling just because it matches your spec. They might want the item just to sell it for a few gold but so do you and you all are supposed to have equal chance of getting it by pressing greed.

3. everyone needs to have some manners
    Where were your manners, or is it conveniently only about their reactions, and not by your doings?
    Needing just to sell an item.. sigh. You knew that was against rules, and then you complain here about the "feedback" you got from your fellow RDF members. People see it happen all the time, and they are tired of the same lame excuse "I could need it, so I did".

Oh, if they get to you that easily, go play single player games.

4. where the heck did i say i knew it was against the rules ? i said when they told me i understood that if i'ts for selling than indeed it does make sense for everyone roll greed for fairness, but i didn't know that. i was told that if it's your item than you can roll need, nobody went to specifics that you actually have to need it to roll need so is it wrong to ask that before people start cussing you tell them that they broke the rules ? when i broke the rules first time when i was new and they told me, i returned the item and i would have done the same in this situation too but actions of those people were childish to say the least
    Edited: December 7, 2020

5. you actually have to need it to roll need
    who would have guessed that you're suppose to actually need an item when you roll need on it. *rolls eyes*

6. yea and i'm sure you are very greedy person since every time you press greed you are full of it :)

7. Don't forget that greed shares roll with DE, so by pressing need you were also stealing chances of payers to get valuable enchanting reagents. And you build your fortune from everything, so 4-5 items start to amass into nice amount of money after hundreds of dungeons on all toons.
    Also, following by rules, you need to use greed for Os rolls, one more reason to watch for what you are pressing, cuz if you "need" for your own sake item that player is trying to get for OS - he for sure will report you

8. For level 80:

Need is for if you actually need it/upgrade for your spec. Unless you join a group where an item is known to be reserved in advance this is the way it goes.

RDF should never have this reservation requirement for BoP.

example: You que as Tank/Heal and get in the RDF as a Heal don't roll on tank gear.

In premade groups ask if you can roll on off spec if not, don't join.

BoE Blue+ should never be picked up for vendor trash. Sell on AH. Green Items should NEVER be rolled on Need at level 80

I think that covers most of it.

IMO: some items at lower RDF's, like Shadowfang; everyone should roll need regardless of spec. And it should be announced before the run starts. so everyone is on the same page. Really though at low level RDF.. I havn't got SFK in a long time... everyone seems to level out of it so fast....