1. New to rogue, Few simple questions pvp based

Hello,

After a long break I have found myself wanting to get back into wow, while making a pvp push on a character I have never rolled before. I have always been a warrior main for years so this a new chapter for me.

While I have been around for awhile I never really cared about rouges as you bleed them and kill them, but now that I want to main a rogue I have much to learn. While the guides are helpful, I really wanna pick the spec that suits my playstyle.

From what I can notice and please tell me if im wrong, But Sub pvp seems to be more utility based the Assasination. While Sub gets Shadow step, Assasin gets mutilate. While assasin dmg is more posion based, and the sub is more of a burst style of play.

As of right now im leaning towards Sub, simply for Shadow step, I dont wanna miss out on a kill for the fact that a mage blinks, or a hunter disengages, Unless im missing something it seems that sub is less prone to being kited, But this is why I have come to the forums.

My goal is to kill, with out being kited, While i would LOVE to be a mutliate spaming man, Can you show me how the spec does that with out being kited like warrior that wont stance dance?

2. From my, arguably limited, experience I found that with sub I had more utility. The insane burst of SD is awesome and SS is just great exactly when someone tries to get away from you.

3. Whole concept is different with rogue. You don't just run around killing people like warr. With rogue you lurk and control the battle, take out/pressure/cc key players so your team can faceroll.

4. Whole concept is different with rogue. You don't just run around killing people like warr. With rogue you lurk and control the battle, take out/pressure/cc key players so your team can faceroll.
    This is exactly why I have picked to move on to rogue. I wish to be the red baron of the skies in wow. Put the sun at my back so they can not see the attack and pick adn choice my engagements based on what targets present themselfs, get in get my target and get back out. The james bond of classes! I was just hoping that someone could show me maybe something that I had over looked as from my standpoint just off of Shadowstep, Sub seemed to be the superior pvp spec that would fit my style of play. While i know nothing can really bridge the gap that shadowstep does, I like to explore all my options before putting in the Gladwell hours"It takes 10,000 Hours to master something" As that is the goal when i start a class.

With all the experence that has been accumulated by other players here on the forums I thought maybe someone could maybe shed some light on a combo of iteams, talents or something that would help close the gap. But after my research the last day or so It seems that Sub will be the way I go. Thank you all!

5. It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to gank levle 80 people in open world? Sure then play subtletly.

My rouge is 6k gs and with around 60% armor pen (I know my gear sucks) + daggers, I've managed to kill every single full bis pve guy in 1v1. It's pretty simple. As a pve rouge, you one shot pve classes. Anyone who is pvp well it's kinda impossible since he has resillence and you have 0. So don't fight people with pvp gear, target ones who don't have.

You do basic combo start and every class will be dead before they can even react. Stealth --> 2 combo points adder --> slice and dice --> shadow dance --> cheap shot or garrote first (depends if its pala / casters) --> garrote or cheap shot now (depends on the previous statement) --> now you have full combo points. Either go with kidney shot (which they will trinket probably so you go evasion after this) or you spam 2x ambushes while they are still in cheap shot. This wastes combo points but secures kills against casters and fwarr, ret pala and such.

If you don't want kidney --> go rupture --> cheap shot again and then 1x ambush and kidney but don't forget evasion to use.

Against hard plate users like death knight, just do the same but quikcly use evasion before even cheap shot so that their ghoul might miss the stun on you. After rupture or he trinkets kidney shot --> just blind him and go stealth + cloak if you already have some disease. Then again you take him and thats it.

Also don't forge to use dismantle against ret palas if they use their cc breaker spell so they can't deal much damage if they stun you. Most paladins do hand of freedom with cheap shot so you get free kidney unless he also has a trinket but still a win for you.

Edit: you can also take down paladin tank and even druid tank. A bit hard yes, but with proper calculations and playstyle (by doing 2x stealth more after certain period) you can do it. Also do not forget to use wound poison + instant or cripplling against casters/warriors,etc.
    Edited: December 14, 2020