1. nvm then you can delete :)

Nvm then you can delete :)
    Edited: December 13, 2020

2. Many addons also rely on combat log. Do you want to play arenas without working addons?

3. The combat log cannot be disabled server-side.

4. The combat log cannot be disabled server-side.
    I might be wrong but I think it's technically possible, at least partially, since since some spell casts by bosses, that should have been there and have been detectable in other ways, have been missing from combat log before.

Having a cheaters-free server is more important than running weak auras or such (UI addons would still work fine). But if you have a better solution go ahead, leaving things like this isn't one.
    I don't have a better solution but this one isn't good either. It would break addons like Gladius and SoundAlerter. There would be lots of people complaining about that. And as long as you can see the spell cast, cheat makers can adapt to other methods of detecting it if combat log is disabled.

5. I might be wrong but I think it's technically possible, at least partially, since since some spell casts by bosses, that should have been there and have been detectable in other ways, have been missing from combat log before.
    That is because they are flagged in the *local* dbc files as "does not appear in log", which also means that addons cannot see them being cast. That is the case of many spells, for example, mounts.

https://tcubuntu.northeurope.cloudap...w/?spell=23227

6. 1) Remove cross-realm, the vast majority of scripters are from Blackrock. You can't stop them, if they get banned they just recreate another account/character in an instant.

2) Delete the characters of the scripters from the other realms as soon as you have a valid proof. At the moment they just get a slap on the wrist with a short temporary ban.

Implement these 2 and 99,9% of scripters/cheaters would disappear from the scene.

7. Implement these 2 and 99,9% of scripters/cheaters would disappear from the scene.
    Implement this and piss off 99.9% of the server because you and perhaps a handful of others are complaining about the combat log which so many things within the game, as well as pve addons, depend on for displaying information to the player during gameplay. Does it suck that cheaters use it to script? Yes. Don't like it? Blame Blizzard for the game being designed around it.

Either live with it or don't play here, I highly doubt it's going to change because I can also see it being too disruptive to others who could care less about scripter complaints in pvp/arena.

8. When you say it breaks addons it's nonsense. It's perfect solution to test readily if developers who read this agree.
    The combat log is an addon, everything that is an interface in the game is technically an addon, and they all register events. So if we disable these events then nothing will have this data available. Want to disable UNIT_SPELLCAST_START? Guess what? Cast bars everywhere are now broken, including your own.

9. What do you think? Can it work?
    I think you don't know what you're actually talking about.. the obvious answer here is it's not going to happen.

10. Now addons are linked to each client, but how do they communicate to form a merged combat log identical for every player? This kind of communication is where an action can be made, yes? Because it must be server side I think.
    When you push a button your client bundles the action and sends it to the server. The server receives these from everyone and handles them in a synchronous fashion to maintain an order of events. As they're handled the server also packages them into a bundle of actions that is sent out to any player in the area to provide updates on what everyone is doing. This is the general concept of pretty much every multiplayer game with a central server or servers that everyone connects to. There's a lot more logic applied to how this is handled but that's a whole other topic and a long one at that.

I make you notice that I ultimatly said to disable the "cast" only for instant spell, while leaving "starts casting" for non instant spells like frostbolt

example frostbolt
    no changes: communication is same

example blind/pummel and so on
    casts blind: log communication is disabled
    is affected by blind: communication is given

This way the scripts only see when the skill has happened and can't react to it.

What do you think? Can it work?
    Hiding the information from the scripts is hiding the information from the game clients. It would solve one issue while negatively impacting thousands of players and probably make the PvE scene quit. Along with all the issues it would cause for legitimate players trying to PvP.