1. A question for old and experienced raiders

Hello everyone! returned to this server after a long break, of course the question arose who to play - I mostly play either as a hunter or as an ench shaman. But as I looked in the chat and tried to get into raids, I noticed that it is difficult to get anywhere with an ench. Does it make sense for me to try to ascend as a shaman, or is it a bad idea? I have quite a lot of experience playing for him, but moments like this make me think..

Anyway, thank you all for the answers.

2. If you're gonna play a shaman only way you'll get into raids is by being resto, nobody invites enha.
    For DPS role ranged DPS is in demand - boomkin, locks, priests.

3. in normal pugs elemental shaman is preferred to enhance because it is rdps and in more demand. but high-end guild runs usually go with an enhance cause it gives a unique buff to the raid. around +25 additional agility and strength to the whole raid where even that matters.

4. in normal pugs elemental shaman is preferred to enhance because it is rdps and in more demand. but high-end guild runs usually go with an enhance cause it gives a unique buff to the raid. around +25 additional agility and strength to the whole raid where even that matters.
    normal pugs will take ele only if no resto shaman is available, better ele hero than no hero.

high end guilds meme around with bis or near-bis enha or hybrid shamans, but it's not a big dps - it's more a way to shorten easy fights by 3-4healing the boss and having a hpala and or rsham go dps

5. what about hunters? are they in need? how popular are they?

6. Hunters are in great demand, there is almost guaranteed slot for them in most raids. ICC/RS pretty much requires 1 or 2[10/25] toolkits of a hunter.

7. Hunters are also hard to play at decent level, came goes for Boomies, they are high in demand but most boomies are bad.
    And I don't mean just do enough dps but the tasks they have, at PP, BPC, LK and so on. Boomies less so but most boomies ive seen were pretty bad.

8. You mean that there are few good hunters or that there are simply a lot of them and there is no great need for them?

9. Well it depends, in almost every raid you should have a hunter, for various reasons, so the demand is pretty high, but good hunters are rare.

Same goes for Spriests and Boomies. Those 2 classes are high in demand, but most of them are just average, and average is not good enough for Lordaeron

10. most of them are just average, and average is not good enough for Lordaeron
    Average in 2020 Kekw... Thus Sabroan is right :

if you want to play sham, you will end up playing heal. The dogma of the meta is strong on lordaeron (i was once a prot warrior and only a few raidleader will take you). Futhermore melee spots are mostly the easiest ones to fill up. For Rdps spot, Boomie/spriest/lock/hunter. Hunters are great in pve/pvp and are always needed in every raid 10/25. But it’s mainly what you like to play (Mdps/Full Rdps/Rdps and healing off spec). You can try on blackrock serv how the class are at 80 before starting on a1x rate.

Enjoy !

11. With shamans you go heal, no enchantment and elemental is only getting you in if you're bis.
    Hunter --> always demanded.