1. Is having Disc 1st spec & Holy 2nd spec viable for solo?

Hello dear priests :D
    My main spec is Disc PvE healer. (currently 4k gs)
    My 2nd spec is Shadow for now

I find Disc hard for AoE healing the group in some 5man instances like HoR and PoS HC where everyone takes damage, i know Holy is better for AoE and having 2 different healing specs may give me more versatility as a healer.

But i don't know if its worth it.
    Cuz if i switch my 2nd spec from Shadow to Holy.
    Will i still be able to do solo quests and having enough damage to kill elite monsters by myself?
    And if so what's better for that : Disc or Holy?

I also heard someone saying : if u can't heal it as a Disc, you can't heal it as a Holy, is that statement true?

Thank you in advance :)

2. If you have trouble with disc, which is understandable at lower gear level, you can always try holy. Disc excels when you have more SP. When you have low SP, your bubbles will break easy, your Flash Heal won't heal any huge amounts, PoM is a RNG heal with longer CD, and Prayer of Healing is slow and costly.

You can just ditch disc spec for now, and heal as holy, which should be easier in RDF/PoS & HoR thanks to more capable AoE healing. Single target healing isn't hard in RDF / IC dungeons, slight exception with Tyrannus, but still relatively easy when you rotate CD's (with the tank).

Low GS disc isn't hard to heal, but sadly you run into a lot of people, who can't be bothered with interrupting or moving from AoE's in RDF.

So holy is OK, but which spec to keep, disc or shadow? I'd go with holy and shadow. You never know if you need to DPS, which might happen, if you run FoS PoS HoR groups.

3. Of course you can do solo quests as a healer... Even with a peanut damage you still can outheal yourself and have infinite mana and survive. My hpala can do every boss quest with ease...

Disc is better because of more damage and control, holy tends to build a lot of spirit which is not good. As disc you can actually go to shadow as second spec since you will have good amount of haste. With holy , not so much but as holy you get a buff that gives movement speed on each shield. It really depends.

If you want do change specs regualry --> go disc.

Also the reason you will deal damage with holy spells that much is because spell power equals heals + damage. In tbc it was different, you had two separate stats. But since this is wotlk, you will have damage required.

4. I also heard someone saying : if u can't heal it as a Disc, you can't heal it as a Holy, is that statement true?
    I agree with this statement, but who knows, maybe your playstyle fits holy better and you could do better as holy.