1. Enhancement shaman struggling with correct gems

Hey guys,

Let me get straight to the point. I am playing a PVE enhancement shaman and I am really enjoying it. I feel like my character looks baddas and I love the class. I am struggling however with the build. I am really not sure how to effectively gem my shammy and I feel like that is influencing my DPS in raids.

My struggle is with the stat priority and how to gem it in my gear.

Stat priority should be Hit 17% > Expertise 28 > Haste > AP > Crit > ARP

As you can see I gemmed a lot of expertise to get to the cap of 28. I feel like I am sacrificing a lot of dps stats like haste and AP

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Can you guys please have a look over my character and tell me if/what I am doing wrong?

So much appreciated! <3"

2. Hey, enhance is the most fun and glad you are enjoying it!

I checked your armory and see you have only 2 pieces of T10. I would recommend balancing AP+Haste (Stark Ametrines)until you get 4 pieces of T10 then you can swap to full haste build (Quick King's Ambers). In terms of stat priority with your gear you will only need soft spell hit cap of 13% ( 341) since you are Draenei, and Expertise cap is actually 26. Once you get more end game gear you will most likely need to gem some hit rating to avoid the crit cap. Anyway, hope this helps and have fun!

3. Because enhance is a mixed damage dealer (melee+spells), expertise cap is not as important for shaman as it would be for a warrior, rogue, or feral, whose special abilities are also affected by expertise. The reason why the gemming debate basically comes down to haste vs expertise, is because more haste = more swings = more lightning bolts + more chances to make up for dodges lost by expertise.

Furthermore, the reflection is that at BiS this becomes even more apparent because at such high haste you are essentially dropping spells from your rotation because maelstrom lightning bolt stacks mega fast and is your highest priority to cast, aside from stromstrike and shocks.

Ultimately, the difference is a matter of perspective and playstyle. You can try both and see what you like more. Enhance is a class that can be played in multiple (minor) ways including glyphs, gems, and talents. Furthermore, enhance does not have to be a spec you play for the dps only, but for all the other micro-management things you can offer.
    Edited: December 20, 2020

4. The reason why the gemming debate basically comes down to haste vs expertise, is because more haste = more swings = more lightning bolts + more chances to make up for dodges lost by expertise.
    Exp on the other hand lowers the chance that the boss dodges and parrys your attack which in retun will give you also more MS stacks for LB.

I know it hurts that we need to stack so many exp gems but there is no other way. Over 60% of our dmg comes from physical attacks so you need to be exp capped or you'll lose DPS. Even as spellhance you need the exp cap....