1. Deathmatch PvP Battleground

Greetings,

We would like to introduce you to our new holiday season Deatchmatch PvP event. It is a special Deathmatch mode battleground for the bloodthirsty PvP players.
    In this zone you will have a passive 60 % movement speed increase, 50% cooldown reduction and a significantly more powerful jump. Instantaneous respawn on death is also available, so you get right back into the action. There are no groups in this zone, it is a pure One vs All experience, so you’re all on your own.

Deathmatch contains magical crystals, spawning every few seconds and disappearing. Crystals contain powerful buffs that you receive upon walking on top of them.

A list of these abilities can be found below:
    Spoiler: Show

• Restore 5% of your total mana/energy/rage/runic power every 3 seconds. Lasts 27 seconds.
    • Become small and less visible to the enemy. Lasts 20 seconds.
    • See stealth units. Lasts 40 seconds.
    • Become immune to damage. Lasts 15 seconds.
    • Remove all slows and roots also gain a burst of speed of 500% which decays over time. Lasts 5 seconds.
    • Your attacks execute enemies under 20% max HP, 3 stacks. Lasts 30 secs.
    • Every 5 seconds your attacks inflict AOE fire damage to enemies hit. Lasts 60 seconds.
    • Become untargetable from all types of abilities. Lasts 15 seconds.
    • Greatly increase your size and increase your all stats by 30%. Lasts 40 seconds.
    • Gain a shield equal to your max health. Lasts 30 seconds.
    • Reflect all spells to enemies. Lasts 20 seconds.
    • Your next harmful attack on an enemy places a powerful curse on them randomly selected from the list below. Lasts 60 sec.

An enemy has a chance to put a devastating curse on you:

Spoiler: Show

• Movement speed slowed by 90%. Lasts 15 seconds.
    • Healing on you is reduced by 90%. Lasts 20 seconds.
    • Decrease all stats by 40%. Lasts 30 seconds.
    • Get stunned for 10 seconds.
    • Removes all of your buffs.
    • Heal everyone near you for 20% of your max HP every 3 seconds. Lasts 15 seconds.
    • Receive painful damage over time effect, losing 80% of your max HP over 15 seconds.
    • Get Ice stunned for 7 seconds.
    • You are cursed to die. Start gaining size and explode dealing 50% of your max HP to everyone around you after 15 seconds, once you die.
    • Silenced for 10 seconds.

Event occurs every day 16:00 and 19:00 server time. Lasts 2 hours each time.

We hope you enjoy this event and if there is enough positive feedback, we are open to hosting this event multiple times through the year.

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. Happens two times a day, 16:00 and 19:00 server time. Lasts 2 hours each time.

3. this sounds fun we will see how it goes

4. Sounds fun indeed, we will receive rewards if we stay alive? or any kind of reward per kill like honor? Healers spec will be viable? feels like a damage vs damage battle.

5. Sounds fun indeed, we will receive rewards if we stay alive? or any kind of reward per kill like honor? Healers spec will be viable? feels like a damage vs damage battle.
    Also, where does it take place? or will it be announced every day?

6. Also, where does it take place? or will it be announced every day?
    In a special location, depending on how it goes, we might just leave it turned on for the entire duration of the events so it'll be easy to join. You can join by talking to an NPC in a capital city.

Sounds fun indeed, we will receive rewards if we stay alive? or any kind of reward per kill like honor? Healers spec will be viable? feels like a damage vs damage battle.
    There'll be also a quest from the NPC which gives out rewards for enough killing blows inside the battleground.

7. Seems dope :) can't wait to try it out

8. Would be also interesting to make this a team deathmatch. I have the assumption that free for all will make it a chaotic slaughter feast.

9. So what about NA players that work? Like the event will happen at 11am and 4pm for some time zones, most dont even get home until the event at 1900ST is like half way over

10. So what about NA players that work? Like the event will happen at 11am and 4pm for some time zones, most dont even get home until the event at 1900ST is like half way over
    Most players are based in eu which is why peak hours often occur at 5pm-11pm st. I see no reason why they would cater to muricans for that reason alone.

11. Its so distinction in this year 79s cant do event like in last year?We can take event quest but cant enter portal?!Its so sad.And why we cant take deathmatch q?
    Edited: December 24, 2020

12. Its so distinction in this year 79s cant do event like in last year?We can take event quest but cant enter portal?!Its so sad.And why we cant take deathmatch q?
    Cuz it takes place in normal place, not an instance. You want to experience everything in the game - make an 80.

Anyway, for how long will the event last?

13. Can we have more than 1 battle? 100 slots is too few slots, dozens of people are piling up on the npc, if you can run wintergrasp surely you could make 2 or 3 instances of the deathmatch

Maybe host it more than once per day? not everyone can log in at this hour

Also why was I teleported to dalaran in the middle of the battle? is there a time limit? (besides the hours), I got a derseter debuff, how so? I didn't leave nor was killed, please explain

The time I was able to enter I had a lot of fun, as a holy pala is hard to kill anyone so I had to jump around witing for people to get low on health so I could deliver the killing blow, all while avoiding people with shadowmournes left and right
    Edited: December 24, 2020

14. If possible, two suggestions:
    1. higher Internal cooldown for "Jump jets" (at least 6 or 10 sec)
    2. use Arena rule/limitation (so no potions). There are already many special/custom features; I guess there is no need to let players abuse of potions

123 Last