1. Not sure how conducting a gold squish promotes a "healthier" economy. I'm new here, but halving peoples' gold hurts the people who are poor more than it hurts the people who horde all the gold in the first place.
    Not doing a gold squish will, in the long run, affect the poor people more than it affects the rich. It's a necessary "evil" on a server that's frozen on a specific patch for multiple years.

I'll give you an example that I hope you'll understand. Let's say every player on the server gets 100g a day. If you want to buy a gem, the price of that gem will probably be around 5g since everybody has only 100g to work with. After 10 years, somebody that's been playing from day 1 will have 365k gold while somebody that just started playing will have only a few hundred. The same gem that you wanted to buy in the first day for 5g will now be 500g because the person that has 365k won't even feel the price of that gem. If he wants it, 500g will be an insignificant dent for him.

Given that the servers have been frozen on 3.3.5 for quite a few years, gold gets generated daily (through quests or looting) so the prices of items would just keep growing, making it harder for somebody that doesn't have a lot of gold to buy basic stuff like gems or enchants. Why this doesn't happen in real life is because a country will never keep printing as much money as they want, the value of their currency will just drop. You have a finite amount of money in circulation. The same doesn't work for Warmane, this would mean that you have to remove gold rewards from questing/looting and vendoring items to keep a stable economy and stop the gold overflow (which is way more outrageous than having a squish).

2. Nah. gold squish is not a "necessary evil", not even on "frozen patch" for years. game is meant to be played, period. normally, once a player reach endgame, he will start playing his character more (rp) or pvp (bgs/world pvp). then he will stop play. then once in a while he will come back and rp / wpvp again...
    basically, finished chars do not care anymore about gold/mats/squish.

3. Might seem so, but that's far from reality.

People who actively participate in economy in a few weeks reach gold amount that dictates prices. This is why you see a month after squish all the prices return to level of approximate same average as it was before "pre-squish panic" started(Aug/Sept). And they stay the same for half a year. Buy logic above if 1month after squish gem costs 100g it should cost big % more 5 months later - but it's still 100g - so whats up with that, magic?

The dude who plays 10 years has everything and he is not target auditory of people who post things on AH, prices are not for them. Also they would keep their gold in vaults - efectively drained out of economy - but squish forces them to "spend it"(raising inflation). Forces people to get into routine of "doing quests" for gold, since that is effective after squish(raising inflation).

But overall there is some level of long term inflation, we jsut have never seen it in action since first squish(single legit effective squish). Other methods would go against spirit of the game and make hard times for new players in super high population. Old inactive peoples accounts being mined by "chinese bots", so if there is gold left it goes back into economy - squish fixes that - there is no gold there.

Things like squish is "for your own good", "for healthy economy" is just a wool. It's a patchwork solution that was for one time when rates where changed and somehow became a yearly thing because it "worked". Killing economy for half a year so other half is ok is "promoting healthy economy", I'm like "the f you tripping"

4. What people seem to forget is that vendor mounts and items, dual talent, flying, spelltraining...etc are fixed costs so with "inflation" the newbies are way better off.
    With this gold squish only the new players and casuals get shafted, because now they have to sell twice as much materials or honorgems for a fast flying or dual talent, while the rich players and ah goblins even earn money from the squish by playing the ah ( they invested all their gold into materials months ago, and they will resell their stacks after the market stabilises again). Bots wont be affected either since they are "afk farming" gold anyway to their owners, doesnt matter how much since its "free" money anyway, and they can sell the gold for coins as usual since with the squish coin prices for gold drop too.

The only char i have repair mammoth with for example, is a char from before gold squish times, because again the price is fixed but we get our gold halved yearly.
    Imagine without the squish you could get to lvl 80 do some bgs and sell a gem for like 5k and insta afford fast flying instead of farming for a week to get it... How is that worse and how is the economy healthier now ?

5. What im trying to say is : It doesnt matter if for example an epic boe is 5k or 50k when you have to sell the same amount of mats to get it, the only gold farming method this squish helps with is if you get your gold from questing/daily questing.

6. People who actively participate in economy in a few weeks reach gold amount that dictates prices. This is why you see a month after squish all the prices return to level of approximate same average as it was before "pre-squish panic" started(Aug/Sept). And they stay the same for half a year. Buy logic above if 1month after squish gem costs 100g it should cost big % more 5 months later - but it's still 100g - so whats up with that, magic?
    This is not true. When I joined the server, primordial saronites went for around 400g each. Right before the first squish was announced they were at a steady 700-750g each. Who do you think gets affected the most by not having a squish? The guy that has 200 primo stacks stashed away on a banker or the guy that made his first character on this server, wants to craft a pair of boots and has to pay 2k gold instead of 4k gold for the 5 primos?

Same story with Cardinal Rubies. I used to quick buy them at 120g some years ago. They were well above 200g even before the first squish was announced. I have no idea where you got the idea that prices on the server were stagnant.

...also they would keep their gold in vaults - efectively drained out of economy - but squish forces them to "spend it"(raising inflation). Forces people to get into routine of "doing quests" for gold, since that is effective after squish(raising inflation).
    Somebody that's very rich already spends his money on a regular basis regardless of the squish. That's how you get rich. You don't get rich by keeping it stashed away. Somebody that keeps obscene amounts of money locked up probably doesn't care about gold anymore. Even if he does, he'll probably only dump it once and won't ever bother selling everything back.

The dude who plays 10 years has everything and he is not target auditory of people who post things on AH, prices are not for them
    This is exactly the target market you want :D people with a lot of gold that are too lazy to farm everything themselves.
    Good luck selling your Wild Magics/Flame Caps/stat specific food that isn't fish feast or even haste pots or flasks to a level 43 or to some random dude that only does fos/pos and in the weekends some toc10nm.

How do you end up writing only dumb stuff in every section of this forum? Literally haven't seen you write a single smart thing.

7. What people seem to forget is that vendor mounts and items, dual talent, flying, spelltraining...etc are fixed costs so with "inflation" the newbies are way better off.
    With this gold squish only the new players and casuals get shafted, because now they have to sell twice as much materials or honorgems for a fast flying or dual talent, while the rich players and ah goblins even earn money from the squish by playing the ah ( they invested all their gold into materials months ago, and they will resell their stacks after the market stabilises again). Bots wont be affected either since they are "afk farming" gold anyway to their owners, doesnt matter how much since its "free" money anyway, and they can sell the gold for coins as usual since with the squish coin prices for gold drop too.

The only char i have repair mammoth with for example, is a char from before gold squish times, because again the price is fixed but we get our gold halved yearly.
    Imagine without the squish you could get to lvl 80 do some bgs and sell a gem for like 5k and insta afford fast flying instead of farming for a week to get it... How is that worse and how is the economy healthier now ?
    That is true, you do have plenty of methods to remove gold from the game but they can't keep up with the gold generated. People rarely buy mammoths and except for learning how to fly everything else is cheap and only done once on each character (dual talents/skill learning etc.).

Regarding the 5k gem example, just because you can work around the inflated prices and make them favor you that doesn't mean it's healthy or how it's supposed to be.

8. Maybe you should just keep it in if you don't have a clue. 400g primos? 750 before first squish? You are confused.

Fact is that cardinal ruby will cost in the middle of August pretty much the same as in middle of March. So your example is some made up "logic" you thought up, without looking at what actually happened.

And yes, you get rich by using gold, only you, again, speak about it without knowledge or having done it. There is a cap, depending on market, max you can use, rest is getting stashed.

You named 3 markets, all 3 are optional. Those old rich dudes, they don't care about it, they know what they are doing. Its for "new" endgame players that still have boner to push it. Using gold they got from raiding, so primo/gem/etc prices are directly proportional. Again, you speak without understanding.

Then you say I'm saying only stupid things. I guess they seem stupid to you because you can't understand it, it's gibberish or in orcish for you.

9. what i dont get is ,why this thread has only 2 pages lmao, people don't pay attention to gold squish and when it happens, sooo many will come raging here lol
    It is not announced anywhere, just here, and I am sure 99 % of players never look at the forums. It should be announced on the front page and maybe even in the game (it could be added to that list of messages that appear recurrently.)

Every time the squish happens the thread is full of people saying it's a bad idea, but I don't know enough of the economy to know if they legitimately think it's a bad idea or if they are just trying to protect their stash.

I would like to hear alternatives to the squish in order to solve the inflation that inevitably happens in a server that's stuck in the same patch forever.

10. It is not announced anywhere, just here, and I am sure 99 % of players never look at the forums. It should be announced on the front page and maybe even in the game (it could be added to that list of messages that appear recurrently.)

Every time the squish happens the thread is full of people saying it's a bad idea, but I don't know enough of the economy to know if they legitimately think it's a bad idea or if they are just trying to protect their stash.

I would like to hear alternatives to the squish in order to solve the inflation that inevitably happens in a server that's stuck in the same patch forever.
    My man is right here you know.

Most people do not know about the squish. They don't read the forum and unless they catch some convo in-game about it they're the oney coming here crying about it lmao. It should indeed get announced in chat or something, like 1x every hour like the other Warmane messages.

11. This is not true. When I joined the server, primordial saronites went for around 400g each. Right before the first squish was announced they were at a steady 700-750g each. Who do you think gets affected the most by not having a squish? The guy that has 200 primo stacks stashed away on a banker or the guy that made his first character on this server, wants to craft a pair of boots and has to pay 2k gold instead of 4k gold for the 5 primos?

Same story with Cardinal Rubies. I used to quick buy them at 120g some years ago. They were well above 200g even before the first squish was announced. I have no idea where you got the idea that prices on the server were stagnant.

Somebody that's very rich already spends his money on a regular basis regardless of the squish. That's how you get rich. You don't get rich by keeping it stashed away. Somebody that keeps obscene amounts of money locked up probably doesn't care about gold anymore. Even if he does, he'll probably only dump it once and won't ever bother selling everything back.

This is exactly the target market you want :D people with a lot of gold that are too lazy to farm everything themselves.
    Good luck selling your Wild Magics/Flame Caps/stat specific food that isn't fish feast or even haste pots or flasks to a level 43 or to some random dude that only does fos/pos and in the weekends some toc10nm.

How do you end up writing only dumb stuff in every section of this forum? Literally haven't seen you write a single smart thing.
    What are you even trying to say dude, there is a gold cap of 214k. Also you can't just dump all your accumulated mats cuz you'd crash entire markets making it really hard to grind your loss back. Lads be out there doing daily transmutes on 20+ chars and the JC daily quest and prism, of course they ain't gonna sell it as soon as they get them, they're locking these away in guild vaults and only sell few amounts at a time, just to get the money they need to invest or buy whatever they want at that exact moment.

Also the 3 markets you named are excellent examples of fast spinning markets, I have experience in each and Wild Magics sell fast af, people tend NOT to buy fish cuz the AP or other stats it gives are not affected by buffs. Also for pvp it's trash and you can always find a better suiting one for your class. They are only a good runner up for raids that's it. Flame caps are flame caps, they sell if you make them sell.

"People with a lot of gold that are too lazy to farm everything themselves":
    Yeah cuz investing and flipping are just done in a blink of an eye right? You act like these activites require no skill or whatsoever and everyone can do it with 0 experience and without proper dedication. Many try it and 99% quit cuz their first few attempts weren't successful so they just carry on to do what a monkey could do, searching for nodes and pressing buttons. Don't get me wrong I have huge respect for them but you act like everyone should get money by grinding their guts out in insane competition where you can call yourself lucky if you find a lichbloom or titanium in your whole session.

P.S.: I farm sometimes no matter how much I have cuz I find it fun and relaxing, also I give the earned few ores to lowbies aksing for gold. I never give them gold, I give them something to sell on the AH so they learn how it works and maybe get some motivation for farming their first few thousand out.

12. I would like to hear alternatives to the squish in order to solve the inflation that inevitably happens in a server that's stuck in the same patch forever.
    There is no need for that. simple. your so called "inflation" doesn't exist, it's only in your mind.

13. "People with a lot of gold should be squished and people with less gold should be spared"
    Lol the most communist answer I've read. Work hard and get punished. work less and be rewarded. Nah.

"Its cruel to take away what people have earned"
    You can preserve your wealth by investing in valuables. Buy a ton of primos, titansteel bars, frozen orbs, dream shards, flasks etc which will retain its currency value some time after the squish. This is actually how real life works. Hard items like a house, a boat, gold, metals etc, will always be a greater insurance of wealth rather than the numbers in your bank account which could be inflated and useless too one day without notice.

"The prices on AH are too high right now"
    Then spend your gold on virtually anything that could be an investment. The situation of your gold right now is: Use them or Lose them.
    Buy the vendore mount in Dalaran, thats 16k. Buy the Dalaran teleportation ring, thats 7k. Buy the mount from Sons of Hodir. Buy all and any freaking 80 gold mount everywhere. But spare enough gold that you can afford repair bills but thats about it.

Honsestly, any man with half the intelligence could think of ways to preserve or otherwise maximize the use of his gold. The squish is going to happen, and its a good thing. Stop wasting time crying about it and be resourceful instead.

14. Level 1 - 30 characters that have not been played since July 2020 will be removed.
    Is there any special meaning of a "character that has been played since July 2020", or just login on it is enough to be safe?

15. Is there any special meaning of a "character that has been played since July 2020", or just login on it is enough to be safe?
    Yes, you should just log on that character atm so you can be sure its going to stay safe.

First 12345 ... Last